Options

PEARL JAM 2014 BOOTLEG CD BOX SET- PRESALE

Comments

• Options
    smg97791smg97791 Posts: 151
    A lot of comments on this already, but I just want to be clear: if I buy older box sets like the 2008, 2009, 2010, etc TODAY, will they be sliver CDs or CD-Rs?
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    smg97791 said:

A lot of comments on this already, but I just want to be clear: if I buy older box sets like the 2008, 2009, 2010, etc TODAY, will they be sliver CDs or CD-Rs?

CD-R's.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990

smg97791 said:

CD-R's.
    Silvers were never produced for those years.
  • Options
    UnthoughtNameUnthoughtName Posts: 192
    edited March 2015
    my2hands said:

How long is this presale?

I emailed the 10c and and they told me there is no definitive timeline.

Also, not only are they silver CD's, but the labels of the CD's are a much nicer, painted quality whereas the blue backs have more of a DIY printer feel to them.

THe box set is definitely worth the cost. Just my two cents.
    Post edited by UnthoughtName on
    Settings > Signature Settings > Hide Signatures Always
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    Clone said:

A bit shitty they didn't announce a box set before all the bootlegs were available, like they did for the 2013 set.

agreed...boo of the year so far
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    JV130312 said:

I'm still waiting for the 2011 and 2012 box sets...damnit!!

It's gonna be a while till we get those CD box sets.

Alpine Valley 1 & 2 .. 2011 will be released via Vault 20 & 21.
    As for MIA 2012, that's never gonna get released ...
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,256
    2013 is silver pressed to right? I'd love to get silver pressed copies of the seattle/vancouver shows. Maybe I'll have to start buying the boxsets during the next black friday sale.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Zod said:

2013 is silver pressed to right? I'd love to get silver pressed copies of the seattle/vancouver shows. Maybe I'll have to start buying the boxsets during the next black friday sale.

Correct. The 2013 North American CD Box Set is silver pressed. Kinda of wished they released a 2013 Box Set to also include the 3 South American shows & 2 open slots for Wrigley & London, till those sometime down the road get's released ..

Black Friday last year there wasn't any discounts on the CD's. Just the digital bootlegs.
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    i looked at the discs from LB13 box versus the ones i have, rather upsetting. some have different colors on each disc where the ink was running low. the LB13s are heavy and real.
    still annoyed, it wasn't offered prior as with LB13 box...hurtful and hateful!!!!
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    edited March 2015
    I'd be real nice if they offered just a European and/or just a US tour as far as box sets. They'd probably sell a lot more and it wouldn't be such a hit to the wallet.
    Post edited by Sidnum on
  • Options
    Pearl Jam Facebook's page just posted about the sale just now on the 2014 CD Box Set.

https://www.facebook.com/PearlJam/photos/a.118116737484.100332.7659317484/10153148286362485/?type=1

The comments sure are entertaining.
  • Options
  • Options
    They should of made the direct link to the CD Box Set only and not to the shop where it includes the CD Box Set & the empty box. Many are just posting their hate on the $30 dollar empty box.

It's funny though. When I hover over their names, the one's who badmouth Pearl Jam on their official Facebook page, none of these folks I have mutual friends related too. I'm very glad.
  • Options
    Coadster1Coadster1 Posts: 14
    Does anyone know which 2014 shows are not included?

Also, if I buy the 2013 PEARL JAM LIGHTNING BOLT TOUR BOOTLEG CD BOX SET, will they still be silver-pressed? It does not say in the description, but I saw comments on this thread saying that they were silver-pressed when they first released. I'm just wondering if I ordered them now, would the box set just be made up of 'made to order' discs or would it be the silver-pressed collection?

Thanks in advance.
    Dallas, TX - 11/15/13
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    @Coadster1 All 2014 shows are included in the box set.

As for the 2013 box set pressings, I honestly couldn't answer ya at this point. You may want to email 10C or nugs to get a straight answer.
  • Options

As for the 2013 box set pressings, I honestly couldn't answer ya at this point. You may want to email 10C or nugs to get a straight answer.

Oh okay, I was counting the shows from the 2014 tour date page, the two Bridge School Benefit shows must not be included. Are there not ever bootlegs, stickers, posters, etc, for these kind of shows? I don't know much about those shows.

And I will email Nugs, hopefully they are silver-pressed!
    Dallas, TX - 11/15/13
  • Options
    So I emailed Nugs and got some good news back! @HesCalledDyer

"We still have plenty of stock of the original run of Lightning Bolt Box sets, made with glass-mastered (silver) pressed discs.

If you ordered now, it would be all glass-mastered discs."
    Dallas, TX - 11/15/13
  • Options
    Coadster1 said:

"We still have plenty of stock of the original run of Lightning Bolt Box sets, made with glass-mastered (silver) pressed discs.

mmm ... glass-mastered Pearl Jam discs. :)

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,483
    Coadster1 said:

Oh okay, I was counting the shows from the 2014 tour date page, the two Bridge School Benefit shows must not be included. Are there not ever bootlegs, stickers, posters, etc, for these kind of shows? I don't know much about those shows.

Pearl Jam's Bridge School sets never get officially released except for a few tracks here and there for benefit causes, fan club releases or singles, or like Walk With Me from the Pearl Jam Twenty soundtrack. They apparently depend on Neil's camp to put these out, as there are a few Bridge School compilations on iTunes, and there have been two retail Bridge School discs (one from 1996 and a 25th anniversary 2-disc set). But other artists like Metallica have released full sets to benefit the Bridge School, so it makes you wonder if Pearl Jam can do the same, or if they just defer to Neil.

The Bridge School sells a poster annually as a fundraiser. These are not silkscreened posters. Pearl Jam sold a silkscreened poster for the 2010 Bridge School shows designed by Brad Klausen (Ed did the calligraphy) as a fundraiser for the School. I'm not aware of stickers being available to buy at these shows.
  • Options

Coadster1 said:

Pearl Jam's Bridge School sets never get officially released except for a few tracks here and there for benefit causes, fan club releases or singles, or like Walk With Me from the Pearl Jam Twenty soundtrack. They apparently depend on Neil's camp to put these out, as there are a few Bridge School compilations on iTunes, and there have been two retail Bridge School discs (one from 1996 and a 25th anniversary 2-disc set). But other artists like Metallica have released full sets to benefit the Bridge School, so it makes you wonder if Pearl Jam can do the same, or if they just defer to Neil.

The Bridge School sells a poster annually as a fundraiser. These are not silkscreened posters. Pearl Jam sold a silkscreened poster for the 2010 Bridge School shows designed by Brad Klausen (Ed did the calligraphy) as a fundraiser for the School. I'm not aware of stickers being available to buy at these shows.
    Awesome, thanks for the information, that's exactly what I was looking for.
    Dallas, TX - 11/15/13
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Coadster1 said:

Be sure to check Charlottesville D2. The original pressing was wrong.
  • Options
    CopperTom said:

demetrios said:

Coadster1 said:

I did. They sent me a replacement.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

CopperTom said:

demetrios said:

Coadster1 said:

I meant the new guy. I know you know.
  • Options
    CopperTom said:

demetrios said:

CopperTom said:

demetrios said:

Coadster1 said:

I meant the new guy. I know you know.
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,516
    For those of you that have bought box sets in the past, would you advocate picking one up? I realize it's a really broad subjective question, but all they hype about quality with this box really has me considering it. I went to 8/30 shows this year in Aus and US, but I started getting into vinyl a few years ago, so most of my money has been going to that format recently, and I don't have a CD player at home (these would be used solely in my car and I don't have a long commute). Anyways, I guess I'm interested in whether yours get a lot of use or whether they're collecting dust somewhere.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    New 2014 Box

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I got my email confirmation that it shipped!
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I got my email confirmation that it shipped!

Me too. Received tracking info today from 10club.
    Shipped via USPS to Canada. Left Montreal this morning.
    I LOVE IT!!! :)

• Options
    https://www.facebook.com/PearlJam/videos/10153354333787485/

https://www.facebook.com/PearlJam

Introducing the 2014 Bootleg Box Set.
    The set includes factory pressed "silver" 2014 Pearl Jam Bootleg CD's: bit.ly/pj-shop