Groupon

Maybe some of you smart young whippersnappers can help this old woman figure out about using Groupon. My sister texted me yesterday about a groupon for Who tickets in Austin for $59, which is a fantastic price. I've never used groupon for anything. Anybody ever used it to buy tickets?
"The stars are all connected to the brain."

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    edited March 2015
    Yes. The tix will be in certain sections. Just click buy and follow the directions. It's simple, I just don't remember all you have to do. It may be as simple as just printing the confirmation page.

Edit: my brain cells are starting to work. Once you buy you'll want to click on "my groupons". Your "tickets" will be there. I put that in quotes because I think mine were just a confirmation page with a bar code, not a standard looking ticket". But the directions tell you all you need.

Now, I'm off to groupon to check on Philly
    Post edited by Empty Glass on
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Thanks! I expect the selection to be limited but it's hard to pass up that price. It's not like I've never sat in the nosebleeds before. Plus I have good tickets for the Dallas show (for which I paid a pretty penny. :money:)
    I just checked and the same deal is available for Dallas. Since I'm familiar with that arena, I checked and yup, they are about the worst seats you could purchase. On the other hand, it will get you in the building. :lol: So I'm guessing if you don't mind crappy seats, you can get in pretty cheap.

Now I just have to decide if I'm going to Austin. :pensive:

I just checked and the same deal is available for Dallas. Since I'm familiar with that arena, I checked and yup, they are about the worst seats you could purchase. On the other hand, it will get you in the building. :lol: So I'm guessing if you don't mind crappy seats, you can get in pretty cheap.

What's there to decide? It's The Who in Austin
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

You even get a $10 concession voucher...that's a free beer!!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

What's there to decide? It's The Who in Austin
    I know, I know. :lol:
    Safe to say that I'll probably be going. Might be taking my nephew to his first Who show.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    My friend used it to purchase our Arcade Fire tickets last August. Worked just fine. That's a great deal, though, gonna see if they have that for the Detroit show!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    you used to line up outside some building.....maybe overnight.....now, you're using groupon.....my, how the times have changed.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

you used to line up outside some building.....maybe overnight.....now, you're using groupon.....my, how the times have changed.

I waited over night once. Good times. How great would it be to get the PJ degenerates to gather someplace and wait in line for tickets? I'm not talking GA elitists or poster people, just a raging kegger, a few fires grilling and a tent or two
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

edited March 2015
    imalive said:

And then there was ordering over the phone, such an improvement over waiting in line for the ticket office to open! :smirk:
    Ain't technology wonderful? :tongue:
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418

Thanks! I expect the selection to be limited but it's hard to pass up that price. It's not like I've never sat in the nosebleeds before. Plus I have good tickets for the Dallas show (for which I paid a pretty penny. :money:)

Im looking at tickets for the Louisville show now. I can get 1st section on the side, Pete's side, 6th row. NICE! $156 a pop.
    Or I can go towards the back, still lower bowl, for $103 a pop.

Decisions
    Decisions.

Been lucky the last few times I have seen The Who, as far as tickets. I've had some of the best seats I have ever purchased, as far as concerts go. Really looking forward to this show.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Speedy, you ABSOLUTELY want to be on Pete's side. $156 I could live with easily. :triumph:

Speedy, you ABSOLUTELY want to be on Pete's side. $156 I could live with easily. :triumph:

I hear ya.
    But I just may take the cheaper route. Like I mentioned, Kathy and I have gotten real lucky the last 3 times we saw The Who. I guess I will make my decision this weekend. Either way I am thrilled it all worked out, and we are able to make this show. Kathy had to cancel our Disney trip for the 1st week in May. But now I get to drive down South, get a cabin on the lake, fish 2 days, then drive to Louisville and see The Who.

I should have canceled the Disney trip months ago! Hahahahahahahahahaha
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    who?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

I hear ya.
    But I just may take the cheaper route. Like I mentioned, Kathy and I have gotten real lucky the last 3 times we saw The Who. I guess I will make my decision this weekend. Either way I am thrilled it all worked out, and we are able to make this show. Kathy had to cancel our Disney trip for the 1st week in May. But now I get to drive down South, get a cabin on the lake, fish 2 days, then drive to Louisville and see The Who.

$103 is really good. Last tour I did well by waiting for ticket drops. I think it will work out the same this time for anybody who wants to wait it out.

Like I said, I'm OK with this groupon thing because the arena in Austin is smaller than the one in Dallas and I already have good seats for that show.
    imalive said:

who?

What happened to the ignore button? :angry:
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

I hear ya.

2 days fishing with a Who show thrown in for good measure, how could you go wrong? Fucken awesome
    badbrains said:

I hear ya.

2 days fishing with a Who show thrown in for good measure, how could you go wrong? Fucken awesome
    You've got that right!
    And I saved about 3K!!!!

I hear ya.

$103 is really good. Last tour I did well by waiting for ticket drops. I think it will work out the same this time for anybody who wants to wait it out.

Like I said, I'm OK with this groupon thing because the arena in Austin is smaller than the one in Dallas and I already have good seats for that show.
    imalive said:

who?

So I have a decision to make.

I could get 1st row seats 3-4 for a mere $672 a ticket...OR
    I could get 2 sections off the stage, side seats for $153 a ticket...OR
    I could get 1st section off the stage, side seats for $183 a ticket...OR

I could get up in the nosebleeds for $50 a ticket.

Should I spend $1300.00 Or $100 for tickets?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,660

I hear ya.

imalive said:

who?

I'd say one of the middle 2 options.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

I hear ya.

imalive said:

who?

I'd say one of the middle 2 options.
    Yeah but for the $672 tickets...
    Pete Townshend gives me some of his heroin and smashes me over the head with a guitar.

Not a bad deal
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,660
    That is the true VIP experience.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

I hear ya.

imalive said:

who?

Speedy, I have a feeling if u wait till the day of, you'll score some sick tickets. Or at least a couple of days before the show, they'll release more seats. Trust me. Kathy will thank u later haha
    badbrains said:

I hear ya.

imalive said:

who?

Speedy, I have a feeling if u wait till the day of, you'll score some sick tickets. Or at least a couple of days before the show, they'll release more seats. Trust me. Kathy will thank u later haha
    A week in Cancun, airfare, and hotel.
    $1.00 cheaper than seeing Pete Townshend sing about his generation.

http://www.expedia.com/hotel.h888269.Hotel-Information?packagePIID=585fa044-b6fc-4790-8ed6-8b828cbdd9fb-35&usePS=1&packageType=fh&hotelId=888269&currentRatePlan=9995202014446&packageType=fh&hlrId=0&reorderFiltersTreatment=0&hotelName=flamingo&defaultFlights=8c6648b00dcf16f6b3f5a32547877005,863e5c15e2de90565850bd01d82a7ccd&regionFilter=179995&totalResultsCount=168&startIndex=0&hotelStarRating=0&originId=6000479&sortOrder=0&ftla=ORD&numberOfRooms=1&ttla=CUN&toDate=10/23/2015&pageIndex=0&fromDate=10/16/2015&destinationId=179995&adultsPerRoom[1]=2&currentFlights=8c6648b00dcf16f6b3f5a32547877005,863e5c15e2de90565850bd01d82a7ccd

in 2008, my dad paid $200/ticket, and we had pretty excellent seats. Went by myself in 2013 (I think that was when the Quad tour was) and got nosebleeds for $50 or $60. Both amazing experiences, but being up close is really something else! I'd say if they're one of your favorites and you can swing it financially, go for great seats. Also cause this is their last major tour.
    ~not a dude~
    samjam said:

in 2008, my dad paid $200/ticket, and we had pretty excellent seats. Went by myself in 2013 (I think that was when the Quad tour was) and got nosebleeds for $50 or $60. Both amazing experiences, but being up close is really something else! I'd say if they're one of your favorites and you can swing it financially, go for great seats. Also cause this is their last major tour.

I hear ya. Ive seen them up close. I think I actually have a ticket stub from 1983, the cost was $18.00 .....hahahahaha

I think I went to their last major tour 20 years ago. HA

samjam said:

I hear ya. Ive seen them up close. I think I actually have a ticket stub from 1983, the cost was $18.00 .....hahahahaha

I can't even imagine how bad of a concert problem I'd have if ticket prices were still like that. Crazy to see older stubs for legendary shows. My dad's old Woodstock ticket says $7, I think. So $21 for that whole weekend. Nuts.
    ~not a dude~

I think I'm with Poncier on this one. Front row is incredible but I'm kinda old for that shit. :lol: I like being close up on the side of the stage as long as it's Pete's side. Last tour I got incredible seats in Anaheim the day of the show, in the corner right at stage level. What BB says about ticket drops is true. Unfortunately, in Anaheim we were on Pino's side of the stage. Pino's a phenomenal bass player but not in the John Entwistle style. I bought my tickets for the Dallas show earlier than I normally would because I wanted good ones on Pete's side this time.

I know The Who have trouble quitting but I really do believe this will be the last major/world tour. They say they will still perform, just no more big tours. Speedy, these guys are getting old.

But if you go for front row, remember to say/do something to piss Pete off. He plays better when he's mad. I've told this story before but I know a guy who won front row seats in 2007. He asked Pete for a pick and Pete told him to fuck off. He was so excited! "Pete told me to fuck off!" :lol:
    samjam said:

I can't even imagine how bad of a concert problem I'd have if ticket prices were still like that. Crazy to see older stubs for legendary shows. My dad's old Woodstock ticket says $7, I think. So $21 for that whole weekend. Nuts.

The difference in ticket prices now is way more than just normal inflation. For years, going to a concert was just a few dollars more expensive than going to a movie. Easy for high school and college students to go to lots of shows. Seems like it was in the late 80s that ticket prices took a huge jump.

samjam said:

The difference in ticket prices now is way more than just normal inflation. For years, going to a concert was just a few dollars more expensive than going to a movie. Easy for high school and college students to go to lots of shows. Seems like it was in the late 80s that ticket prices took a huge jump.
    Still have not picked up tickets for the Louisville show.
    Decisions
    Decisions

Uppers for $40 a piece
    In the back of the Bowl for $100
    Side stage for $185

Or should I jump on the platinum seats, 4th row in front of the stage, for $220?

Decisions Decisions.

Though we have made our decision as far as hotel.
    Sheraton
    10 floors
    Overlooking river
    Indoor pool
    3 restaurants
    $130 a night.