Options

Menards sale ad

go prego pre Posts: 650
At the bottom of nearly every page in its sales flyer, Menards (a diy home improvement store that sells mostly cheap shitty products here in the Midwest) includes quotes from famous people throughout history, from Aristotle to Vince Lombardi. Today I happened to see this gem: "It's an art to live with pain ... mix the light into the gray." -- Eddie Vedder

Right there at the bottom of page 16 in the Paint Sale section. Most random PJ sighting ever.
There's a trapdoor in the sun.

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    nice!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,430
    That's awesome!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    edited March 2015
    Menard's gave money and support to the campaign of Governor Scott Walker of Wisconsin. I do not support or associate myself with Menard's in any way shape or form.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

Menard's gave money and support to the campaign of Governor Scott Walker of Wisconsin. I do not support or associate myself with Menard's in any way shape or form.

yes, john menard is a shady character for sure. i try to avoid menards, but i don't have too many options here. i was really surprised to see the quote. isn't that something you'd need permission to use, seeing as it is an advertisement, and vedder's lyrics are copyrighted?
  • Options
    I actually like Menards because it's conveniently close to me and I like the ads because of the quotes. Didn't know anything about his politics, and now I wish I didn't.

Man, ignorance is bliss. Maybe that's why they took the old man off the commercials?

Anyways good spot on the EV quote.
  • Options
    the old man was an actor, not john menard himself.

here is a bit of menard's past: http://www.jsonline.com/business/114143619.html
    no wonder he wants walker in office to lessen environmental laws.
  • Options
    Ha! Didn't know that...I learned something today.

Now don't tell me that the Empire Carpet guy didn't actually install carpet...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Friend of mine was there with her 7 year old when a wrench set fell high off a shelf and busted him in the head. Blood everywhere and not a single employee helped. They watched the store camera/monitors later to confirm and employees were seen walking away from the scene. Needless to say they sued the shit out of them. Could have happened anywhere but I dont shop there as a result.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539

Ha! Didn't know that...I learned something today.

Now don't tell me that the Empire Carpet guy didn't actually install carpet...

Don't worry, he did. But he voted for Reagan in 1984 so I don't care how many extra rooms I would get carpet for free, I won't shop there. No blood on my hands.