Any Fans of Mr Show?

They are making new Mr Show! The news I have waited for the last 16 years or so!

http://badassdigest.com/2015/01/07/david-cross-confirms-mr-show-will-film-in-march/

Confirmed by Odenkirk

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/02/bob-odenkirk-explains-mr-show-reunion-is-about-mak.html

In a recent interview with The A.V. Club promoting his new show Better Call Saul, which will be airing its first episode this Sunday, Bob Odenkirk addressed the Mr. Show reunion tweet that Paul F. Thompkins posted at the end of 2014. Turns out, it isn’t a Mr. Show reunion, but it isn’t exactly not one either.

“We’re not going to do a Mr. Show reunion—I mean, not called ‘a Mr. Show reunion,’” said Odenkirk. “However, we are working on new sketches and a new show together. And we want to do multiple episodes of it.”

Odenkirk admits that they are limited in the time they have, with David Cross working on season 3 of The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, Odenkirk himself involved with Better Call Saul and all the other writers focused on their own respective projects. But the group has gotten solid work in, with two group writing sessions under their belt so far, and seem determined to continue forward with the project, with Odenkirk explaining, “I can’t wait to make stuff and share it with everybody. So right now we don’t know where it’s going to play. We just don’t know. But we’re trying to nail it down quick. We’re talking to people now and everybody knows how fast we have to move on this. Because people have jobs and they have to know what they’re going to do in February and March.”

“Not only is this group of writers great together, they’ve all gotten better by leaps and bounds from when we first wrote,” continues Odenkirk. “When you have a good room, that’s a special thing, and rare. And I think they all appreciate that. Maybe that was one of the best rooms I’ll have ever worked in as far as talented people challenging each other and also having a lot of fun. And so we’re all happy to be back together.”

Comments

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    I thought this was about The Big Show :lol: - sorry I have no idea what this is.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Whaaaaaaa? This is fucking amazing news!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    FoxyRedLa said:

I thought this was about The Big Show :lol: - sorry I have no idea what this is.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    FoxyRedLa said:

Mr show was a sketch comedy show on HBO in the late 90s. It was cut short by hbo after 4 seasons. Has a cult following because it is imo some of the most genius comedy and satire ever created.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810

FoxyRedLa said:

Yes!!! I can hear the intro music lol lol
    MayDay10 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Mr show was a sketch comedy show on HBO in the late 90s. It was cut short by hbo after 4 seasons. Has a cult following because it is imo some of the most genius comedy and satire ever created.
    Gotcha. Thanks!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Love David Cross.