I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

Coffee: Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks 15 votes

Dunkin' Donuts
66%
igotid88Who PrincessJimmyVEmpty GlassHesCalledDyerrr165892Leezestarr313wall232ldent42northerndragon 10 votes
Starbucks
33%
mca47jeffbrIndifference71shetellsherselfoceaninmyeyes 5 votes

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Dunkin' Donuts
    Double D's all day every day :coffee:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Cafe Ladro or Stumptown

We don't have DD, and SB always burns the grounds.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    Dunkin' Donuts
    Starbucks is just terrible.
    NYPJ
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Dunkin' Donuts
    But Caribou would be my favorite
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited March 2015
    Dunkin' Donuts
    I'm a home brewer, I order German coffee from amazon because most American coffees don't taste (or even smell) good to me. My to go to's on the road are DD (their bagged Medium Roast is almost like German coffee), Speedway (oddly enough), Tim Horton's, and McDonald's (their coffee is surprisingly great). Went to Starbucks a lot in the beginning, I like their Americano, but they are too expensive and overhyped.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Dunkin' Donuts

I'm a home brewer, I order German coffee from amazon because most American coffees don't taste (or even smell) good to me. My to go to's on the road are DD (their bagged Medium Roast is almost like German coffee), Speedway (oddly enough), Tim Horton's, and McDonald's (their coffee is surprisingly great). Went to Starbucks a lot in the beginning, I like their Americano, but they are too expensive and overhyped.

Deutsch Kaffee ist das beste! :coffee: I used to buy Tchibo a lot but I can't seem to find it anymore.

I haven't gotten coffee from Speedway but there's a regional chain called QuikTrip that has good coffee.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Dunkin' Donuts
    We have a Starbucks and Seattle' Best at work. I take my own to work, but if I'm late or don't bring coffee in then I usually hop in the car and head to Dunkin and grab a cup. Starbucks just isn't good
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Starbucks
    I can't believe I'm the first vote for starbucks. Dd is just garbage. Bleh.

Ever try the clover brew at Starbucks? Delicious
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

We have a Starbucks and Seattle' Best at work. I take my own to work, but if I'm late or don't bring coffee in then I usually hop in the car and head to Dunkin and grab a cup. Starbucks just isn't good

SB owns SBC...SBC isn't the same anymore.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Neither. I drink tea. Currently on a Chai kick.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

Whoa whoa whoa...we're home brewers too, Leeze; how did I not realize it could be ordered online? From Germany yet?!

Any recommendations?

What we get from the store is usually DD or Marley's brand.
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    Starbucks
    I love the 'bucks. And DD donuts stink too.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    no Wawa option? :tongue:

actually not a coffee drinker, i would go with Starbucks though over DD.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Dunkin' Donuts
    My new favorite is Cafe Bene but only for Vanilla Lattes and Hot Chocolate. The regular coffee is meh. It's also too expensive for daily consumption.
    DD is like Old Reliable. But not all DDs are created equal.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Starbucks

Good coffee but the people working there make me nuts. I order a coffee, cream and sugar and they stare at me like I am insane. Sorry but I don't want a Frappuccino mocha latte topped with Brussel sprouts and cream cheese. Just a coffee. Then they tell me to put my own cream and sugar in it. Yet they have a little tip jar sitting on the counter?

Good coffee, but every time I go there I want to pour my coffee on somebodys head.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    Starbucks
    Used to be a big dunkin donuts guy, but switched to stabucks a couple years ago. It doesn't hurt that there's a starbucks a block away from my place.
    So, Mr. July...I mean EG (and others) - are you talking about actually going to the place, or buying/brewing yourself?
    Dunkin' Donuts
    hedonist said:

So, Mr. July...I mean EG (and others) - are you talking about actually going to the place, or buying/brewing yourself?

I'm Mr October now, I was booted from July...I think. Anyway, my initial thought was going. But the voter can decide...this is a very unscientific poll
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    edited March 2015
    Dunkin' Donuts
    hedonist said:

Halifaxxx is Mr. July, BB is Mr. August, EG is Mr. October and Hobbes has yet to pick a month.

Also no matter where you get it Starbucks is just rank coffee, like really really bad.
    Post edited by northerndragon on
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    EG's Mr. October? That's Reggie Jackson territory (though I confess I initially thought it referred to DiMaggio...and in an odd roundabout - he was also Mr. COFFEE man!)

Hobbes strikes me as a November fella.

imalive, hmm...I say March or April.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited March 2015
    Dunkin' Donuts

Deutsch Kaffee ist das beste! :coffee: I used to buy Tchibo a lot but I can't seem to find it anymore.

I haven't gotten coffee from Speedway but there's a regional chain called QuikTrip that has good coffee.
    My mom sends me Tchibo coffee in her care packages every now and then, it is seriously the best.
    Hedonist, I usually go for Jacob's Krönung. I get three 17 ounce packs (total of 52 ounces) for around 30 bucks. Still cheaper than any of the other good ones available here. The bigger bag of DD medium roast is 17 bucks around here.
    The differences in the coffee flavour are of constant interest to me. I did a sniff test, my thought is that American coffee is roasted/ toasted in a different way that I just don't like. It smells kinda musty and sometimes even fungal to me whereas a good nose of German coffee smells like toasted coffee heaven. Funnily enough, Starbucks, DD or any of the good ones make coffee that tastes just like what I like. So I don't feel like I'm completely off with my judgment. To each their own. I can't get going without a good coffee and I'm happy I have my source.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Starbucks
    Starbucks.
    I'm not a huge fan but it's way better than DD's brown water.
    I'd much rather drink my own fresh ground French press (now doing AeroPress), but that said, Starbucks coffee is def better. And I too just get black, dark roast coffee when I'm there.
    As far as mainstream coffee joints go, the best is still Peet's.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Dunkin' Donuts
    I don't really drink coffee all that much but I'll say Dunkin just because $7 for a cup of god damned coffee is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

That and the whole "Can I get a large..."
    *interrupted by Starbucks employee* "You mean a venti?"

Did I fucking stutter?
    Well fuck me through the roof, I really AM out of this loop. Seven dollars?

I'm not so surprised at the charge as I am that some are willing to pay it.

Imagine what those bucks could do elsewhere.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    edited March 2015
    Dunkin' Donuts
    During the holiday season I go into Starbucks for the eggnog or creme brulee latte and I've never had an employee correct me for ordering a medium. Actually I think the employees at my local are just chill. I once ordered one of them hibiscus iced drinks "without the bits" cuz the chunks floating around in the cup freaks me out. It's actually clear, but still flavored without them.
    If we're discussing home brew, I go for buestelo - can't go wrong. But fresh ground whole beans from my local coffee roaster I go for Costa Rican beans. If for some reason I am not broke I will occasionally spring for Kona beans.
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Used to get Starbucks twice a day. I don't think it was a preference, more of a convenience. Like someone mentioned above, there's one a couple blocks from their house. I think there's a Starbucks a couple of blocks from everyone's house. :lol: Never been to DD, so really can't compare.

Now when it comes to home brew, I have tried and did not like DD. Starbucks is alright. Occasionally get it when it's on sale. Their Christmas Blend is pretty good.

We use a local roaster at work. Some of the best drip coffee I've had. I drink it all day. :coffee:
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    edited March 2015
    on the news, studies have shown that 5 or more coffees every day can lead to heart stroke, no my mistake it prevents heart stroke,read the news wrong, so its a good idea to vary it with water, natural juiced juice, green tea and milk
    Post edited by JWPearl on
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    i miss heard lol
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    edited March 2015
    Dunkin' Donuts
    hedonist said:

Well fuck me through the roof, I really AM out of this loop. Seven dollars?

I'm not so surprised at the charge as I am that some are willing to pay it.

Imagine what those bucks could do elsewhere.

I might be exaggerating slightly on the $7... but I'm willing to bet most ppl walk outta there for no less than a few cents under $5.