**The Official** Rocky III Movie Thread

I can't believe there isn't a Rocky III thread, one of the greatest movie sequels of all time, with perhaps the greatest movie soundtrack song of all-time, Eye of the Tiger. Not to mention, Mr. T and Hulk Hogan! Please post anything and everything Rocky III related. Who doesn't love this movie?!
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Hulkster as Thunderlips is great stuff
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,841
    It's my favorite Rocky movie. It has the most fights (two against Clubber, one against Thunderlips), Adrian doesn't have much of a chance to bring it down (like her coma does in Rocky 2), and my personal favorite thing: Rocky's use of the term "mentally irregular"

Use 1 (When drunken Paulie wants to fight him at the beginning):
    "Hey Paulie, don't go getting all mentally irregular on me now"

Use 2 (When Apollo brings him to his old-school training facility)
    "I dunno, Apollo, this is all kinda mentally irregular for me ya know?"

Use 3 (The beginning of the final scene, when Rocky and Apollo are about to spar with no one around):
    Rocky: "I'm not sure about this, Apollo. This is.....
    Apollo: "Let me guess, Stallion. It's mentally irregular...."
    Rocky: "Well yeah......"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com