lollar pickups

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
just dropped a lollar bridge pickup into my '76 firebird. sounds so good it makes me horny....

anybody else using the lollars these days?
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Comments

• Just ordered on Monday Lollar P90s to drop into my goldtop deluxe.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    oh man, you are gonna love them.

i have lollars in my strat and they sound amazing.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• I have Lollars in a telecaster and a les Paul with split coils
    i didn't know he make split coils.

my lollar bridge pickup cost $170 just for the pickup!! since it is a minihumbucker and the hardware on the guitar is gold, it was more expensive than normal.

• I may not have the right terminology. But it's two humbuckers that each have two single coil that can be played as a humbucker or a single coil by pushing or pulling the tone knob. Doesn't know if this clarifies anything or causes more confusion

I may not have the right terminology. But it's two humbuckers that each have two single coil that can be played as a humbucker or a single coil by pushing or pulling the tone knob. Doesn't know if this clarifies anything or causes more confusion

yeah that is split coils. i will need to look into those...

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Lotsa people with great tone use these. Can't really argue with that.

How is it pronounced? I've take to going with the Luther Dickinson version of low-lar.
    it is "lollar". rhymes with "dollar".