Options

Vikings - The TV Show

anyone watch this? a buddy of mine lent me the cvd's of the first season or two. i watched episode 1 and thought "meh". He insists it is an amazing show. at this point in my life, I hate investing time in a show that is no good. anyone else think ep 1 was boring but loved the show going forward?
Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The husband of one of our principals is a co-producer of this show. I told her I'd watch it - and I did (well, some of it) - but couldn't make it past the first episode.

I wonder if chadwick the Viking digs it =)
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I wasn't sure I'd stick with it, but I ended up liking it. Some shows get real crazy but over all, I like the show.
  • Options
    I am sick of the 6-8 minute teasers they have been showing for the past 4 weeks. Every time I see Vikings in my dvr, I think I'm going to get an hour and I end up with 5 damn minutes!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628

I am sick of the 6-8 minute teasers they have been showing for the past 4 weeks. Every time I see Vikings in my dvr, I think I'm going to get an hour and I end up with 5 damn minutes!

Haha, I just thought the same thing last night as I deleted the 10th one of these damn things on my den DVR.

I tried the first episode a few times and kind of dug it but didnt jump in. When I did I loved it and watched the 2nd season week to week. Disclaimer is I am a huge history nerd and have read dozens of books about that time period and the "vikings" and Europeans.

Hedonist -- I know I asked Chad about the show and which character he "was" on his 'Ask Chad' thread...cannot recall his answer. We all know/love Chad as the ultimate modern Viking!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    have not watched the show but i have saw a few teasers on the internets. don't know a thing about the characters on the show. is this a low budget pile of dung? is it a high dollar pile of dung?

like any good viking im a bit superstitious. next week we're marching into battle. well, a small personal fight. where i am going most probably does not allow (to me they are life guides) weapons like: axes, knives & logs but yumminess like red hot cinnamon disks, bananas & oranges are fine i'm sure, that & hot tea w/ honey. i am actually fucking jammed up over this horse dung. geewiz, man, a guy can't even have his lucky spiritual blades nearby to help give inner & outer strength when needed. what a crock of shit!

in this viking show do they have honey? do they steal tea from the english? well they fucking should... or they could trade soap for tea. naaa. just take it

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

Haha, I just thought the same thing last night as I deleted the 10th one of these damn things on my den DVR.

I tried the first episode a few times and kind of dug it but didnt jump in. When I did I loved it and watched the 2nd season week to week. Disclaimer is I am a huge history nerd and have read dozens of books about that time period and the "vikings" and Europeans.

Hedonist -- I know I asked Chad about the show and which character he "was" on his 'Ask Chad' thread...cannot recall his answer. We all know/love Chad as the ultimate modern Viking!
    sorry to burst your bubble thingy but i am not the ultimate modern viking
    i've gave this statement before. this is not me. the technoviking is the ultimate modern viking.
    i'm just a dick. technoviking should be in the vikings show, yes/no?

http://youtu.be/wv6hz6NCL5M

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    A co-worker of mine is raving about this show too. I'm going to have to check it out.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Does anyone know what Chadwick is talking about? :rofl:
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

never.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    chadwick said:

sorry to burst your bubble thingy but i am not the ultimate modern viking
    i've gave this statement before. this is not me. the technoviking is the ultimate modern viking.
    i'm just a dick. technoviking should be in the vikings show, yes/no?
    Ha! I think it OK to grant you the honorary title as 2nd ultimate modern viking.
    Yes, techno viking should of course be on the show....he could be on the episode where they discover ecstasy because he clearly was on it! :)

• Options

never.

The Ask Chad thread is my favorite thread on this forum and Chadwick is my favorite person on this forum. The world needs more viking poets.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,512
    i love this show..can't wait for season 3..Gustaf Skarsgård who plays the Loki, he is amazing..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Sounds like an interesting show.
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    i_lov_it said:

It is a cool show & the lead actor is an Aussie!!!
    He's from Echuca in Vic & used to play AFL with St Kilda...
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    redraw said:

i_lov_it said:

That's quite cool hey :)
  • Options
    redraw said:

i_lov_it said:

That's quite cool hey :)
  • Options
    i'm on the end of Season 3..this show goes better and better..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    I was pissed at the last episode but continue to enjoy the show
  • Options

I was pissed at the last episode but continue to enjoy the show

you thought Ragnar gonna die??..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    No I knew he wasnt going to die now but wanted him to keep the princess captive and didnt want to see Rollo put in this role again where he will be tempted to betray Ragnar again.
    I did like the Rollo gets to hammer the Princess, her holy Bitchiness.

I also liked that Floki/Ragnar exchange.
  • Options
    He is coming..and he is full of rage..

https://youtu.be/3PK2tIyENVA
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I think it's a little too much focus on violence, but me like the handsome men :)
  • Options

never.

no fair
    that's a low blow

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Awesome trailer!!
    (And I understand much of what Chadwick shares!)
  • Options
    2 in, very good.
    SoHard
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Watch it and I love it. My kind of entertainment.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    How was this season???..no spoilers please..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    It's filmed in Ireland and I know a couple of people who work as extras on it :smile: I'm finding myself less interested in it as it goes on though, I feel I'm watching it out of habit at this point as much as anything else. Though perhaps my attention span is just lessening, I blame Facebook :tongue:
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277

It's filmed in Ireland and I know a couple of people who work as extras on it :smile: I'm finding myself less interested in it as it goes on though, I feel I'm watching it out of habit at this point as much as anything else. Though perhaps my attention span is just lessening, I blame Facebook :tongue:

mmm, Yea, I used to stay up to watch now I on demand it :-)

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    RAGNAR IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.