Irish Car Bomb?

2»

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    To me (about 50% Irish, but classify myself as Irish heritage as my name/dad's side are very Irish) as an American, I always considered the drink to be just a completely definition as the literal act that used to take place by the IRA.

We also had an Irish mobster that used to use that as a weapon all the time (in Cleveland or Columbus I believe?) Hell, we had Timothy McVeigh use this tool in the OKC Bombing. Car bombs are a classic terroristic/guerrilla tool used all over the world.

As mentioned, the drink is what it is. The contents are all Irish ingredients... and I believe a drink where you drop a shot into a drink is called a "Bomb Shot". Naturally, an "Irish Car Bomb" is the perfect name. I am sure nearly 0% of people who drink them mean any disrespect toward victims in Ireland, and also, I would bet in modern days, very few 18-25 year olds have any clue what the IRA even is/was.

• I can't argue with that
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I also meant 18-25 year olds in the US.
  • I got that :)
  • I have a friend that can drink one in about 1.3 seconds. Not to make light of the initial post, but it's a pretty amazing sight to see. He was actually going to try for the GBoWR but they stopped doing world records for alcohol consumption (for obvious reasons).
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I can probably do one in 5 seconds. That's easy chugging!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,473
    mca47 said:

I can probably do one in 5 seconds. That's easy chugging!

why does it take you that long?
    www.myspace.com