Options

FT: Vault #4 (more than one!)

I'm in the UK. I bought two Vault #4s and they had some defects. TC sent me two lots of replacements, so I now have 6 in total!!!

If anyone wants one and has stuff they would like to trade, let me know! Not seeking anything in particular. Vinyl wise I already have Ten, Vs, Vitalogy, Backspacer, Lightning Bolt, Live on Ten Legs.
www.gringorecords.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,493
    I'm still awaiting on mine here in Canada. Getting worried that I will also have a defected product. Did 10C just send you out a replacements or did you have to send back or send pics? Just curious for when mine arrive.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    I complained to the shipping company, broker and 10C. Didn't send pics. Sounds crazy how long things take to get from US to Canada! Does Obama inspect every package?
    www.gringorecords.com
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,493
    Thanks for the input, hopefully its here this month
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,917
    So, they sent you two EXTRA Vault #4? Maybe in the spirit of the band you should have someone donate a certain amount to a charity, send you evidence, and send a #4 to them for free? That would be a really cool thing to do.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    I guess this is why they are now asking people to smash the defective ones into bits. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    Bingo paulonious!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,152
    Sorry, but what the fuck.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,373
    Why would you post this here!
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    paulonious wrote: »
    I guess this is why they are now asking people to smash the defective ones into bits. LOL

yeah, they asked a friend of mine to do that. by far, one of the strangest things I've ever heard. just send a replacement lp & be done with it.

and the OP has 6 copies now?? wow.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    paulonious wrote: »

No one has asked me to smash anything, but then as far as I know the vinyl is fine (only opened one of them so far).
    www.gringorecords.com
  • Options
    So, they sent you two EXTRA Vault #4? Maybe in the spirit of the band you should have someone donate a certain amount to a charity, send you evidence, and send a #4 to them for free? That would be a really cool thing to do.

I'm open to that if someone wants to and the postage gets covered. I would however ideally like to trade at least one of the additional records as one of my complaints to 10C is that I was overcharged for shipping from the US (twice) when they were actually shipped from the UK.
    www.gringorecords.com
  • Options
    JB23237 wrote: »
    Why would you post this here!
    Because I am honest.
    www.gringorecords.com
  • Options
    I'll cover the shipping if you donate a copy to elwayvedder's Operation Yellow Ribbon charity.

This would be awesome! PM sent!!!
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Great idea chris. I like it
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    What was wrong with the originals you recieved??
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    juddboz80 wrote: »
    What was wrong with the originals you recieved??
    Both have damaged corners and one has a gouge on the cover underneath the shrinkwrap (so done in the plant).
    www.gringorecords.com
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Wow
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    all of my 10C vinyl has damaged corners. doesn't everyone's? didn't realize that warranted a replacement. or 3. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Is there a time limit on this stuff...Maybe I should drop my Benny so the corners get bent, and bitch enough so they send me 2 more copies...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,407
    And this why the 10C is now asking people break the vinyl before giving a replacement.
  • Options
    He is donating one so don't be too hard on him!!!
  • Options
    Wow, some mean old responses!
    www.gringorecords.com
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I was just kidding. Glad to hear you've donated one to OYR. Very nice gesture...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    savegringo wrote: »
    Wow, some mean old responses!

Honestly, this place has become so bitter.
    Friendly tip: if you want to sell or trade go to Facebook.

The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    edited February 2015
    ^^^ exactly
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    I got an email from 10C right away about replacing my vinyl. I was impressed at how fast they got back to me and said break them, we'll send you replacements. There's no way these were gonna be playable so I shattered them.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    badbrains wrote: »
    I got an email from 10C right away about replacing my vinyl. I was impressed at how fast they got back to me and said break them, we'll send you replacements. There's no way these were gonna be playable so I shattered them.
    Glad to hear that they took care of you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,656
    This 'smash the record' thing is kind of amusing and weird. But it's good to hear that 10C is taking care if shit (again).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    What's stupid about the smash the records is that I almost cut myself on the sharp vinyl when I shattered it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,656
    You could just take a pair of scissors or a knife to it and scratch the fuck out of it. That would show up in a photo too.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata