It's Alive

northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
edited January 2016 in All Encompassing Trip
Today it finally happened, with little fanfare and only two minor hiccups my(figurative term only) new hospital opened it's doors. Something that has been three years in the making, has taken up much of my time for the past year and consumed my life for the past three months is all done and I couldn't be more proud or happy of the team that helped us get there.

The Main Entrance
jYz6kFw.jpg
PtmBY4z.jpg

Emerg Entrance
N3mpDbh.jpg
9Jjn867.jpg
4CWCHUL.jpg

My Beautiful DR X-ray Rm and Portable
yeGLF2O.jpg
XZ7fp7i.jpg

Lab(bit messy but we were moving in)
t8fMkgZ.jpg

Emerg
BNGn3rv.jpg
Z6b2umq.jpg
OYDW1xu.jpg

We have our very own Imagining Centre(if you're gonna mess up the sign this is the best way :) )
mygHouE.jpg

View from the Main Floor waiting area
p1EMi4N.jpg
The decrepit building in the left corner is the old hospital.....she will be missed

I'm just so happy I had to share. She may be small to most of you, but she is a beautiful hospital and I'm proud of the job we did to get her up and running.
Anything you lose from being honest
You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
Post edited by northerndragon on
Tagged:

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Congratulations! Is that what you have been doing all the traveling for? As a BC resident I thank you for all your hard work in setting this up. Enjoy your imagining!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Congratulations!! Very nice!! That is so awesome!! Thanks for sharing!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    edited February 2015
    Congratulations! Is that what you have been doing all the traveling for? As a BC resident I thank you for all your hard work in setting this up. Enjoy your imagining!

Thanks, as fellow BC resident doing a job that allows me to be a part of projects like this makes me very happy and proud, and yes this why I have been on the road every week since November, two weeks left for decommissioning and then I get to be home for more than two days a week.

Congratulations!! Very nice!! That is so awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Tree, it was truly awesome to a part of.
    Post edited by northerndragon on

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    As someone who (like so many others here) has spent many hours in the ER and hospital rooms (me as a non-patient, thankfully), I say well done!

If not too personal, what was your role in achieving this feat?
  • hedonist wrote: »
    As someone who (like so many others here) has spent many hours in the ER and hospital rooms (me as a non-patient, thankfully), I say well done!

It's not too personal, my official title is Biomedical Engineering Technonolgist(Biomed for short) and I'm that person who takes care of the equipment that is used to treat or diagnose a patient. So every thing from a thermometer to that fantabulous x-ray rm, I am the person that checks it out, deploys it, provides user support and makes sure it is always running. My role here was to check out and deploy all the new equipment and then provide user support for the next few weeks and to check out and move all of the existing equipment that made the move from the old hospital. There were so many involved with this build and move, but I take my job super personally and to make it even more so, two of my siblings were born in the old hospital and I lived in this community for a portion of my childhood and now I support them as an adult from my main site. Sorry for the ramble, I'm a few job well done drinks in and I'm super proud of my community which is most of northern BC in my opinion and Burns Lake in particular. We all did a fantastic job! :-D

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    edited February 2015
    Hell, you SHOULD be proud of yourself! It's people like you who help save lives.

It's nice to shine a light on those who are often..."unseen"...but make such a huge difference. So thank you from here.

Salut!
  • you guys and women are way to generous and awesome, but we all thank you from the bottom of our hearts. I <3 you all!

Do all your work friends know they are famous on the 10C site? :)
  • Way to go, hospital looks fantastic!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • thanks to you all, when I am more sober I will thank you all properly.

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    hedonist wrote: »
    Hell, you SHOULD be proud of yourself! It's people like you who help save lives.

It's nice to shine a light on those who are often..."unseen"...but make such a huge difference. So thank you from here.

Salut!

Great words hedonist and so true!

Congratulations to you northerndragon and your team! You made a great job!
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    edited February 2015
    Great work Northerndragon, looks super nice, fresh ! And a great view as well : )
  • I used to work closely with your " people" here in Colorado when I was doing cleaning, to pay for EMT classes. Without you all, the hospital couldn't run! So thank you for all your hard work!! And you really did do a stupendous job!
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Kudos Northerndragon,Looks like a top notch facilty.Worthy of flaunting.You should indeed be proud.How many beds is the facility and is it trauma equipped ?

Only critique I have is what's with all the ridiculous white cold fluffy stuff all over the exterior.How do people handle that nonsense?lol
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    edited February 2015

It's not too personal, my official title is Biomedical Engineering Technonolgist(Biomed for short) and I'm that person who takes care of the equipment that is used to treat or diagnose a patient. So every thing from a thermometer to that fantabulous x-ray rm, I am the person that checks it out, deploys it, provides user support and makes sure it is always running. My role here was to check out and deploy all the new equipment and then provide user support for the next few weeks and to check out and move all of the existing equipment that made the move from the old hospital. There were so many involved with this build and move, but I take my job super personally and to make it even more so, two of my siblings were born in the old hospital and I lived in this community for a portion of my childhood and now I support them as an adult from my main site. Sorry for the ramble, I'm a few job well done drinks in and I'm super proud of my community which is most of northern BC in my opinion and Burns Lake in particular. We all did a fantastic job! :-D

do you also dissect turtles, there?

edit: my bad....I was thinking you were a suspect but I think it's WH.

Is this where victims of the canadian street gangs come?

also, where are the signs for spanish speakers?

Post edited by Wobbie on
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote: »

do you also dissect turtles, there?I don't personally but I can't speak for everyone in the building.

Is this where victims of the canadian street gangs come?Yes this is where one who is a victim of a Canadian street gang would be brought, we even have a room in the basement should the upper floor services not be required

also, where are the signs for spanish speakers?they are written in French!
    rr165892 wrote: »
    Kudos Northerndragon,Looks like a top notch facilty.Worthy of flaunting.You should indeed be proud.How many beds is the facility and is it trauma equipped ?We have 16 inpatient beds, 6 Emerg beds and yes it is trauma equipped

Only critique I have is what's with all the ridiculous white cold fluffy stuff all over the exterior.How do people handle that nonsense?lol
    We go out and play in it and then come inside and drink ;-)

• I'm studying how to help poor turtles in trauma situations.. I'm in rescue and recovery of animals not slaughter!
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    As someone, who has spent countless hours in the ER and had two surgeries, I must give PROPS for a job well done as well! Congratulations on seeing all your hardwork pay off! :-)
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    I'm studying how to help poor turtles in trauma situations.. I'm in rescue and recovery of animals not slaughter!

You do know that in the movies, it's always the one with the medical knowledge who ends up being the one doing the slicing up, hmmm?
  • I'm studying how to help poor turtles in trauma situations.. I'm in rescue and recovery of animals not slaughter!

You do know that in the movies, it's always the one with the medical knowledge who ends up being the one doing the slicing up, hmmm?

Yeah... Except this is the PJ forums, not Hollywood.
  • This looks really nice, I love all the woodwork on the outside and of course the surroundings. Well done!
    I'm studying how to help poor turtles in trauma situations.. I'm in rescue and recovery of animals not slaughter!

But just as much drama and comedy on a daily basis.
    imalive wrote: »

do you also dissect turtles, there?I don't personally but I can't speak for everyone in the building.

Is this where victims of the canadian street gangs come?Yes this is where one who is a victim of a Canadian street gang would be brought, we even have a room in the basement should the upper floor services not be required

also, where are the signs for spanish speakers?they are written in French!
    rr165892 wrote: »
    Kudos Northerndragon,Looks like a top notch facilty.Worthy of flaunting.You should indeed be proud.How many beds is the facility and is it trauma equipped ?We have 16 inpatient beds, 6 Emerg beds and yes it is trauma equipped

We go out and play in it and then come inside and drink ;-)

Excellent answer and game plan.Carry on.

If it was would your new name be "Whispering Hands ,Medicine Woman"