Parks and Rec

Did you know Vitalogy was written about Donna? Classic. There have been other PJ references on the show. One of the writers must be a fan!

Comments

• Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,550
    Just watched this. Haha. Hilarious episode. Garry!
  • Love this show, sad that it's ending. Not many network sitcoms can seamlessly throw Pearl Jam, Questlove, and Ginuwine jokes into 1 episode.
    Garry!
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    Andy: I have a T-shirt I tackled Eddie Vedder in. It's literally priceless.

different season, but works well here. I can watch each season over and over. Great show.
  • Have watch every episode from the beginning...... it's great when they throw in PJ references!
    Last night was especially good...... I never knew that about Donna. ;)
    Love this show, I will be sad when P&R is off the air.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    love it!
  • That was cool. Love this show.....sad that it's almost over.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    This ends tonight. Literally, one of my favorite comedies of all time.

And I don't get to watch it tonight because the wife is out of town.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    edited February 2015
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,446
    I'm gonna miss this show too. :(
  • Big fan of this show. I don't know if people in this thread already know about it, but Geeks Who Drink (pub quiz in most states) is having an all-Parks and Rec quiz for cash this weekend in a lot of their locations around the country. I want to go even though I don't have enough memorized about the show to win, it's just fun to hear the questions and give it a try. I have watched every show as they aired as opposed to marathon watch on netflix so I'm not sure how good I'd be at trivia but it's a fun time.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    I've never seen an episode of this show. Didn't seem very interesting to me when it started.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • RP112579 said:

I've never seen an episode of this show. Didn't seem very interesting to me when it started.

It started slow, but man did it pick up steam. Hard to think of another show that really turned it around so quickly. Definitely one of the best network comedies from the past decade.
  • amazing show. so many great characters. sad it's ending tonight.

RP112579 said:

It started slow, but man did it pick up steam. Hard to think of another show that really turned it around so quickly. Definitely one of the best network comedies from the past decade.
    When Mark Brendanawic left the show and Andy Dwyer got a bigger role the show got much better.

Am I the only one who thought Mark sucked?

• ben wyatt was a huge upgrade
    Mawky1103 said:

ben wyatt was a huge upgrade

Chris Traeger!
  • The great thing about it as a whole is how they expanded the characters so much. Not just the number of characters, which by the way I think of as almost reaching Simpsons-Universe expanse, but how much information and depth they added to really minor characters, even... characters that were kind of in a couple episodes, then all of a sudden played a major part in something. Not many shows have the creativity to do that. Chris & Ben coming into the storyline, as well as making Andy a bigger numbskull, and Ron a bigger character (plus his whole alter ego etc), all that stuff helped the show blossom. There are so many funny and good characters, it's insane. Here's a great example of how they change so much around with just one character.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/02/and-the-meek-shall-inherit-pawnee/385985/?utm_source=SFFB

I DVRd the finale, won't get time to watch it and enjoy it all in one viewing till at least tomorrow sadly.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I always thought Jeremy Jam.  Was some kind of PJ reference. 
  • I always thought Jeremy Jam.  Was some kind of PJ reference. 
    you just blew my friggin mind.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Nahhhhh
  • Smellyman said:
    When Mark Brendanawic left the show and Andy Dwyer got a bigger role the show got much better. Am I the only one who thought Mark sucked?
    Mark was bad 
  • Mark was turd.  Andy was good.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved