Options

New PJ fan Facebook Group for fan's tired of the BS...

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Boom
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,476
    I read the thread title and I thought, "Do people really hate Backspacer so much that they'd start their own group?"
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I read the thread title and I thought, "Do people really hate Backspacer so much that they'd start their own group?"
    How funny!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    iimagineiimagine Cleveland Ohio Posts: 492
    It's when the differences in opinion get out of control and people start attacking each other over it. There's a right way, and a wrong way to debate...pick the wrong way, and get your ass banned. Easy.

Absolutely!!!!!
    "The Only Thing Worse Than Realizing Your Shortcomings, Is Not Realizing Your Brilliance"- iimagine (Gina) 2012
  • Options
    Heard a good story on the news yesterday. Facebook use for teenagers dropped 6%.

Teenagers are pissed off that their 30-45 year old parents are now using Facebook.
    So the kids are walking away.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    its just the cycle of the internet. Whatever facebook group there is, the same thing will happen. Only way to prevent it is to have it super exclusive and private... and who wants that?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I find it sad -the thought of a group of adults, who have the love of this band in common, cannot appreciate and respect others thoughts and opinions enough to get along on this bands fan group. What is wrong with people, and why do people take others thoughts so personal? They have the right to think what ever they please, just like the very people criticizing them do.
    Post edited by iimagine on
    "The Only Thing Worse Than Realizing Your Shortcomings, Is Not Realizing Your Brilliance"- iimagine (Gina) 2012
  • Options
    I feel lost.. what has happend?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I'm thinking that figuratively speaking, people threw sand in the sandbox. :(
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I agree with the drop in Facebook users. The whole purpose of Facebook is self promotion, ego driven fools trying to one up one another while hiding behind their computer screens... No surprise to me at all that the fan groups all end up the same. That's the difference between a forum (place to converse) and Facebook (place to show your dick is bigger)

Facebook is terrible. Don't be a promoter of that trash.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    I would join if I had Internet access.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    deadendp wrote: »

Maybe worse... Someone shitting in the sandbox...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    edited February 2015
    I actually find this forum to very tolerant, friendly and well moderated. No reason for me to go anywhere else. I can only assume that those of you who disagree have never been on other music forums. They're generally horrible.

Edit: You're very attractive, by the way. Just uh...proving that we're friendly and stuff.
    Post edited by october22 on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,543
    What's facebook?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    lotsalemon wrote: »
    It's when the differences in opinion get out of control and people start attacking each other over it. There's a right way, and a wrong way to debate...pick the wrong way, and get your ass banned. Easy.
    Sure, but I've seen it happen when it wasn't appropriate is all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    It's really all about self control, if you can see your comment inflaming others then just don't comment, walk away just like in real life. I wish you all the best but assholes will always seek out ways to be assholes and if you ignore them they stop from boredom.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    There will be BS in all forms of social media, including this board. Don't take things too seriously and ignore the crap that annoys you. That's what I do :)
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,000
    So it is my choice not to join fb. Ever. But I saw a comment on a thread here yesterday implying all the cool stuff to sell and trade is on fb now, not lost dogs. That would be sad
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,039
    Suziemay wrote: »
    There will be BS in all forms of social media, including this board. Don't take things too seriously and ignore the crap that annoys you. That's what I do

THIS.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Personally I tried FB. And all the fan groups.. But I hated it.. To much BS to wade through, even after a good cull or two.. So I just deleted it. Much happier now. And just like October 22 said, this place is well run and much better than other music forums. This is the only Socialmedia I involve myself in.. Much nicer here.. So in short, fuck Facebook. But good luck.
  • Options
    PP193448 wrote: »
    deadendp wrote: »

Maybe worse... Someone shitting in the sandbox...
    Probably.
  • Options
    october22 wrote: »
    I actually find this forum to very tolerant, friendly and well moderated. No reason for me to go anywhere else. I can only assume that those of you who disagree have never been on other music forums. They're generally horrible.

Edit: You're very attractive, by the way. Just uh...proving that we're friendly and stuff.
    I agree. I've got nothing specifically against FB I suppose (it's kind of a shithole, but that's fine), but this forum is much better for fans IMO. I'm actually not clear on why people think a move over to facebook would be preferable.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I think those people on freakbook must like to price gauge each other selling stuff, running "raffles" not for charity, and calling each other names. Or stuff you can't do here.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    I requested to join. I can't stand that other group. A couple of clowns dominate the place.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    SVRDhand13 wrote: »
    I requested to join. I can't stand that other group. A couple of clowns dominate the place.

Those were the folks all irritated with the new forum layout - when really I think they were just irritated that they couldn't talk like they wanted and behave like they wanted around here.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,297
    To the OP why facebook we are here why not just stay here and post like we do the folks that are here are damn cool folks way cooler than anyone on Facebook ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PP193448 wrote: »
    I think those people on freakbook must like to price gauge each other selling stuff, running "raffles" not for charity, and calling each other names. Or stuff you can't do here.
    I admit I do understand why the Fuck Me In The Brain FB group was started. A lot of people were getting annoyed about the folks who argue with pricing in Lost Dogs, and also the ones who want to advertise their ebay sales. Seems fair to me. I love Lost Dogs, but they have a good point too. Just more freedom to do what they want with their own stuff.
  • Options
    Heard a good story on the news yesterday. Facebook use for teenagers dropped 6%.

Teenagers are pissed off that their 30-45 year old parents are now using Facebook.
    So the kids are walking away.

Twitter and Instagram seem to be the new "in" thing. Blast out a short tweet to your followers and share pics. Of course, the kids could theoretically block their parents, but I'm sure a lot of the parents say "If you want to be on here, you have to add me so I can see what you're posting."
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Keeping this on top
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    That's what she said?

If it makes sense, the lack of BS here outweighs the BS itself.
This discussion has been closed.