10th Row SideStage or 11th Row Floor?

StateofLovingRockStateofLovingRock Posts: 71
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Looking for some feedback on which seats would be better overall.

Sidestage are on 10th row up on Mike's side, and are at the 'front', even with the front of the stage.

Floors are 11th row, far right on Stone's side.

I know, I know, the show will rock either way. Just looking for some feedback on either or both. I'm 6'1", so I'm not sure that seeing stage would be a problem on the floor, but if arms are raised (as if they wouldn't be... rockin the shit out of the joint), that may create a problem to snap a few pics...

Any thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    I'm 5'1" and I could see fine from 15th row floor. I'd go with the floor
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Do the floor

Reason being is because basically your the same distance but this way you are with a bunch of 10c members most likely.

Now if it was 11th row floor or 5th row side stage...take the side stage...I LOVE side stage. The best side stage seats I ever had was at Reading. Sat right on mikes side, 4th row. The closest I've ever been. If I was row 1 I could have touched the stage. Ed came around to our section during Crazy Mary to pass the bottle. The bottle got to the guy infront of me as he finished it. 1 more person and it would have been mine! :(
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    Do the floor. I had Floor Row 11 in Cinci and they were great seats. You've got the head on view, and not a side view. But side view seats can be nice to if you are shorter.
  • youll have a better view side stage

and honestly......

Mike vs Stone is a no brainer. Would you rather have Mike pointing at you and throwing picks all night or stare at Stone's ass because he has his back to you.
    Im Rick James bitch!
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    youll have a better view side stage

and honestly......

Mike vs Stone is a no brainer. Would you rather have Mike pointing at you and throwing picks all night or stare at Stone's ass because he has his back to you.
    Exactly. Nothing against Stone, but I'd ALWAYS choose to be closer to Mike :)
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    After having experienced both seats, I'd go for the side stage. I was about 10 rows up from Mike at NJ1 and NJ2 and Cincy and I've been close in the first few rows many times. It's nice not having to worry about someone being taller than you are on the floor, plus, you get an awesome view of the crowd and band and can really "feel" them. You also see more from being slightly further up than you would on the floor. If you are really far to the side, you also need to realize you will be about 15 feet to the right of the speakers.

One thing to think about... my friend got 14th row with her 10club number the other night and ended up surrounded by guys that were MUCH taller than her... to the point that she left the floor and came up to the section I was in (first side section by Mike) because she couldn't see anything.
  • I'd rather be 30 rows back on the floor than sidestage. Take the 11th row floor tickets...easier to feel the energy from the band...easier to rock out...generally surround by people who rock out and enjoy themselves more.

floor is the way to go.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • JenInTheBx wrote:
    If you are really far to the side, you also need to realize you will be about 15 feet to the right of the speakers.

Do you mean that the left edge of the stage (from Stone's perspective) would still be to MY left (from my perspective)? So I may have the speakers at the front edge/corner of the stage obstructing my view of other parts of the stage? If so, that's a good point.

Thanks to all others for the feedback. Still not sure which I'll go with, but lots to consider. Thanks!
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Take the floor. Mike is much more entertaining and engaging than Stone when they're on-stage.

I love Stone, but I hate how he turns his shoulders/back to the majority of the crowd during the show.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    If you can...If you can't "get rid of it..." THEN...you have like free run of the place including the ability to buy merchandise and bring it out to your car and then come back later. Just a thought...if you can afford to do it! :)

But you may not want to keep another fan from having such a good seat.

Me? I'd keep the floor.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,417
    gimme side-stage any day of the week.........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    side stage - definately - you see the whole stage - it's AWESOME
    the floor - your view will undoubtedly be blocked at some point

I've had 2nd row and 4th row and I'd still take side stage any day - if your right there on the side - the first section caddy corner, you ask me, there's not a better seat in the house
  • manic mindmanic mind Posts: 84
    I'd take side stage. Side stage seats are awesome. We had 10th row side stage and I prefer those to floor seats, cause I could not see most of the show on the floor. Side stage, I felt closer, could see everything, plus being on Mike's side is awesome. He's constantly coming over to the corner, throwing picks and Ed comes over there too. I enjoyed side stage and would get them again anyday over floor (if not within first 7 rows). Even behind stage seats are not bad. You can see alot of things going on back there that no one else can.
    Sold to Pearl Jam at birth!
  • I agree with the other posters, Mike's side is the side to be on, Being on stone's side sucks, I can probably draw his ass from memory.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    You are a 6'1" and a guy - its 50/50. I've had 9th row floor once (middle of the row and it was awesome!), and really close side section. Since you're a guy and that big (I don't know if your floor seat would be on the aisle) you can probably handle the row jumpers that seem to ensue if you're on the aisle. If it was me, it would depend WHERE on the row for the 11th row it was - if I knew I'd be on the aisle on the floor, I'd take side stage, because when you're a smaller female (or just not a very big person I think), people try to stand right by you in the aisle when you're closer floor and try to shove in your row and security doesn't always do anything about it. But for you, I'd go floor.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Do the floor

Reason being is because basically your the same distance but this way you are with a bunch of 10c members most likely.

Now if it was 11th row floor or 5th row side stage...take the side stage...I LOVE side stage. The best side stage seats I ever had was at Reading. Sat right on mikes side, 4th row. The closest I've ever been. If I was row 1 I could have touched the stage. Ed came around to our section during Crazy Mary to pass the bottle. The bottle got to the guy infront of me as he finished it. 1 more person and it would have been mine! :(

I sat there for Albany, exactly.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V