Options

Has Pearl Jam ever cover any FUGAZI???

CarneviLCarneviL Sounds Great Place Posts: 165
Would be lots o' fun...
I see the sound, in waves!

Comments

• Options
    I remember hearing some lyrics from the ending of "Suggestion" , but is that it?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Part of Suggestion is at about 37:45 on Pinkpop '92. Other than that, I don't recall hearing any.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    He did the end of suggestion a few times. Also, sang a snippet of Waiting Room before Even Flow. I forget which show it was in 92.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited December 2014
    deadendp said:

Part of Suggestion is at about 37:45 on Pinkpop '92. Other than that, I don't recall hearing any.

An improv in Den Haag 92. Ed referred to it as "saying no"
    A lot of the lyrics from suggestion in this. Not the best quality but definitely young Ed.
    http://youtu.be/HpzCHUsGgZI
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    Very very cool....
  • Options
    A good question. Glad you asked.
    2005: Kitchener / London / Hamilton | 2006: Toronto 1&2 | 2010: Hartford | 2011: Toronto 1&2 / Hamilton
    2013: London, Brooklyn 1&2 | 2014: Detroit | 2015: New York | 2016: Ottawa / Toronto 1 / Wrigley 1
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    I wish they'd do it again. Putting a Fugazi song or two into the semi-regular covers rotation would make me happy.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    PJ_Soul said:

I wish they'd do it again. Putting a Fugazi song or two into the semi-regular covers rotation would make me happy.

I agree. Hmm. What Fugazi songs would you want if they were to cover some? End Hits is my favorite Fugazi CD. No Surprise, Caustic Acrostic, Arpeggiator. I would be happy to take any song, though. Promises, Life and Limb, Nightshop . . . I'd take it all. Yes, please.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Very very cool video up there. Glad that was captured and thanks for posting.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited December 2014
    YLed2 said:

same show, crazy long jam. Sorry to hijack op but people need to hear this if they haven't. I wish there was a really clean official copy of this show out there somewhere. Really great how slowly each band member leaves and it's just Dave, Ed and his brother at the end. Ed even accidentally unplugs his guitar while spinning around at the very end.
    http://youtu.be/3Czg5KKksKA
  • Options
    Ed sang a line from 'Waiting Room' before Even Flow at 3:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Kbzvu6VV0
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

A Minor Threat song would be even better!
  • Options
    Wow. So amazing. So real. Love the improv. Thanks for that.!!!!!
  • Options
    I like the janes addiction jam into hunger strike jam back to I gotta feeling
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    CarneviL said:

I like the janes addiction jam into hunger strike jam back to I gotta feeling

I had Ten and was into the band, the old bootleg tape I had of that Den Haag show and Zurich 92 was what put these guys in a different space in my opinion. The raw emotion and energy from some of those shows really struck me.
  • Options

YLed2 said:

same show, crazy long jam. Sorry to hijack op but people need to hear this if they haven't. I wish there was a really clean official copy of this show out there somewhere. Really great how slowly each band member leaves and it's just Dave, Ed and his brother at the end. Ed even accidentally unplugs his guitar while spinning around at the very end.
    http://youtu.be/3Czg5KKksKA
    Was that the first time Ed played guitar on stage with the band? I didn't think he played at all until

Wish PJ still did improvs like that!

• Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    edited December 2014
    WOW that 14 minute Ive Got A Feeling jam was amazing. Thread officially jacked
    Post edited by cottagesteeze on
  • Options

WOW that 14 minute Ive Got A Feeling jam was amazing. Thread officially jacked

My bad.
  • Options
    What is the best starting point album for Fugazi. I have a bunch of them but get intimidated when I think about starting...haven't heard any yet. Where to begin? Suggestions? (Pun not intended).
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    Zurich 92... awesome show!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077

What is the best starting point album for Fugazi. I have a bunch of them but get intimidated when I think about starting...haven't heard any yet. Where to begin? Suggestions? (Pun not intended).

Probably just start with "13 Songs". But I would start with "In On The Kill Taker". That record is fucking awesome.
  • Options

Probably just start with "13 Songs". But I would start with "In On The Kill Taker". That record is fucking awesome.
    Thanks. I will load it on the iPod tonight and listen at work tomorrow.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    Nice, back on topic. I need to jump back into some Fugazi. Been too long.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    They are releasing almost every live show in their archives.
    so far I have purchased the ones that I attended. the ones from the final tour sound AMAZING.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

I agree. Hmm. What Fugazi songs would you want if they were to cover some? End Hits is my favorite Fugazi CD. No Surprise, Caustic Acrostic, Arpeggiator. I would be happy to take any song, though. Promises, Life and Limb, Nightshop . . . I'd take it all. Yes, please.
    I always enjoy Repeater when that comes on PJ Radio.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Someone asked for suggestions for a good playlist for a Fugazi beginner, and I wrote one up. Obviously I just picked the ones I thought someone new to the band would enjoy and that would give a good spread of what they did over all of their albums. Maybe it could help you too! Everythings on youtube of course, you can sampe it all before purchasing anything.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/229258/fugazi

PS - My favorite album is The Argument, but I still love ALL of their albums. I don't think you can really go wrong with whatever you choose. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Fugazi is one of my favorite bands behind Pearl Jam. Very different in many ways. For me, I love Ian Mackaye songs but not Guy songs. I essentially only listen to half of their discography.

The Pearl Jam analogy would be could you imagine if Stone sang half of the songs? It's cool that he sings a couple, and I like his solo stuff. But really, I think Pearl Jam is light years better (pun not intended) with Eddie on vocals and I feel the same way about Fugazi and Ian.
  • Options
    ^^^ I totally dig both so am happy no matter what (I seriously can't come up with a single Fugazi song or album I don't like... that's crazy), but yes, they are very different.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    FoxyRedLa said:

deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

Repeater & Waiting Room for me. Promises...
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

FoxyRedLa said:

deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

Repeater & Waiting Room for me. Promises...
    http://youtu.be/H9sx90BTh2A

I like the way u think!