Eaten Alive

WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
edited December 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/eaten-alive/ Anybody watch this guy's attempt to be swallowed by an anaconda? Thoughts?
Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
Tagged:

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    Shit I forgot to tape it, wanted to see it. I'm sure it will be on rerun in the future
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Those people are nuts. They hype the drama like a reality show but you wouldn't catch me wading through black water in the floating forest. The amount of ways someone could die in there is remarkable.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I watched...well, I read Twitter reactions to see if I should invest 2 hours of my time or not...I'm glad I did.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY said:

I watched...well, I read Twitter reactions to see if I should invest 2 hours of my time or not...I'm glad I did.

I'm confused, lol. Does that mean you did watch? How crazy is that guy to jump on a 20 foot anaconda and grab it's head?

RKCNDY said:

I'm confused, lol. Does that mean you did watch? How crazy is that guy to jump on a 20 foot anaconda and grab it's head?
    I watched the very end. The funniest Twitter quote was "i guess 'hugged alive by giant snake' wouldn't have been an exciting show title"

Knowing snakes, I just couldn't imagine how they would be able to get him out if the snake did eat him...I mean, without harming the snake in some way.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

I watched the very end. The funniest Twitter quote was "i guess 'hugged alive by giant snake' wouldn't have been an exciting show title"

Knowing snakes, I just couldn't imagine how they would be able to get him out if the snake did eat him...I mean, without harming the snake in some way.
    They showed a video of a snake with a deer. It will regurgitate the prey if it becomes startled before it digests. It was pretty gross.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    edited December 2014
    So did he end up just mindfucking the anaconda?
  • hedonist said:

No, he took off the specially designed arm guards so he had more mobility. Guess what happened? He had to tap out because the snake started to crush his arm. They also went with the 20 ft snake they already had instead of the 27 foot snake he failed to corral. I don't think the snake they used could have gotten past the shoulders. It did start to try and swallow the head right before the guy called it off.
  • I actually thought the lead up was fascinating. There are still some pretty cool places that aren't developed in this world. I guess his point in doing this was using shock factor to draw more attention to endangered areas in the amazon.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

No, he took off the specially designed arm guards so he had more mobility. Guess what happened? He had to tap out because the snake started to crush his arm. They also went with the 20 ft snake they already had instead of the 27 foot snake he failed to corral. I don't think the snake they used could have gotten past the shoulders. It did start to try and swallow the head right before the guy called it off.
    Whoa!

Snakes are badass beyond (my) belief.

But still, I wonder if the snake was all hopped up, getting into it and anticipating the kill.

Then, "the fuck?"
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

The comments the next day > the show. Hilarious. I saw someone write on their fb page 'I walked into a spider web once, available for comment' or something like that
    :))
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • samjam said:

RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

The comments the next day > the show. Hilarious. I saw someone write on their fb page 'I walked into a spider web once, available for comment' or something like that
    :))
    I agree the ending was anticlimactic and the show was trying to hype the drama in a cheesy reality tv way. You have to admit it was impressive when the guy jumped off the boat onto a 20 ft anaconda and they all wrestled it into a rowboat. I would not be suprised to read about this guy getting drown by one of those suckers at some point.
  • Rygar said:
    Haha yeah. "If I'm going to watch a show called Eaten Alive, somebody better get eaten alive."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Too bad that he lived.
    If the snake really is one they took from captivity, watch for news reports, 'snake from eaten alive show eats handler'.

- Christopher McCandless