Options

GunFail#

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157
a blog on gun fails on the dailykos website.

it is updated every couple of weeks. i think it would prompt some decent discussion if we check it and read it read it occasionally.

http://www.dailykos.com/news/GunFail#
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Comments

• Options
    This is just one of those issues where both sides feel very strong on their position. Its a debate that will continue on for some time.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Man that site is too depressing to read through. Way too much death and mayhem via a gun. Just real sad what this country has become with gun violence.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Man that site is too depressing to read through. Way too much death and mayhem via a gun. Just real sad what this country has become with gun violence.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    g under p said:

Peace

"Said it once before but it bears repeating"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

But yeah, I checked it out too. Sad - unnecessarily so - and also idiotic (looking at you among others, Canseco).
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    A lot of gun-fail there. And I imagine there are some cases that don't get reported. Maybe a lot of them.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.