Options

bluray dvd???

its been over 10 years since they put out a full show on dvd. hey pearl jam, theres this new technology called bluray, it makes concert dvds look and sound amazing. after live at the showbox and live at the garden i thought we'd be getting concert dvds every tour. nothing since then. i dont count immagine in cornice, thats not a complete show, more of a documentary with a few live performances mixed in.

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,157
    edited November 2014
    Imagine in Cornice also days filmed in HD, all the footage from it in pj20 is in HD, so I think it needs a bluray release as well...

I definitely agree though. The only PJ concert in HD right now bootlegs (stuff people captured from satellite/tv). The lollapalooza brazil 2014 broadcast is epic HD quality, but it would be awesome to see some new shows put out on Bluray.

I had another thought when watching PJ20. The footage from the concert where they shot the Even Flow video. It was all in HD, even songs that weren't even flow. It has me wondering if they filmed the whole Moore show on film (which was rare back then because video tape was cheaper). If they did film the whole concert on film, how epic would a classic show on bluray be?

Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Sure as hell hope they get on to more classic releases and not waiting until I'm an old man.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    alive90alive90 Posts: 82
    edited November 2014
    I agree. So many other bands have put out classic performances on dvd/blu-ray in recent years.I also noticed footage from the 95 Sponsored for No One Tour (Different from the Asia Footage I think) and a clip of 4/8/94 where Eddie talks about Kurts' death. Anything from the 91-98 era, or even the recent tour would be sweet.

This makes me wonder why there was no dvd in the Vs./Vitalogy set. The footage is definitely there, even if they just used the 93 VMA and 94 SNL performances which we know are proshot. The set would've sold much better, if there was a dvd from the classic era included IMO.
    Post edited by alive90 on