Do you think we should bring back the Birthdays list to the boards?

whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
edited November 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
Remember when we had the list at the bottom of the home page that told everyone whom was having a birthday that day, and ( optionally) how old they we're? I miss that, and I think a few others do too.

Do you think we should bring back the Birthdays list to the boards? 23 votes

Yes
95%
igotid88Enkidudon smithNamiwhispering handsdimitrispearljamEmpty GlassRKCNDYteddysgirlFrankieGsamjameeriepadavebrianluxLast-12-ExitlazlobluePJ_Soulshetellsherselfoceaninmyeyesnortherndragondeadendp 22 votes
No
0%
Who cares?
4%
Ledbetterman10 1 vote

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Yes
    Is it even an option under this new format?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Yes
    Nope, now it is only listed in the user's personal info.
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited November 2014
    Yes
    Yes please [-O< I have a hard enough time remembering my own family member's birthdays. My brain is full. image
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Yes
    Someone* could start a thread, have everyone post their birthday, and then update the OP to keep track. (If the mods can't do it automatically from the forum script code.)

* not me
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Yes
    Do you guys just know when someone's birthday is when you start the bday threads? Or do you just happen to see it in their page? I liked seeing it on the old board. Bring it back
  • Yes

Do you guys just know when someone's birthday is when you start the bday threads? Or do you just happen to see it in their page? I liked seeing it on the old board. Bring it back

As of this current format, we have to either know it already, or borrow the info from the user's profile. It was much easier when it was in the format script code! ( hint hint).
  • Yes
    FrankieG said:

Someone* could start a thread, have everyone post their birthday, and then update the OP to keep track. (If the mods can't do it automatically from the forum script code.)

* not me

This is a good idea.. And I don't know if the actual kids do this part of this. I'm sure there would be separate code jockeys. It's a lot of eyeball work doing either exercise!
  • Yes
    Kids= mods :blush:
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124

Is it even an option under this new format?

No. It's not even an option. So, they can't "bring it back". It used to be an option back when Pearl Jam had a message board forum that wasn't the same one used for comic strip heroes.

not that there's anything wrong with that
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Yes
    Yes yes and yes. A simple 'happy birthday' can make someone's day. There was one birthday a couple years ago where I was having a really rough time, and the fact that people who didn't even know me in person took the time to send me wishes...it really touched me and brightened up my day. Thanks PJ fam :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Yes
    samjam said:

Yes yes and yes. A simple 'happy birthday' can make someone's day. There was one birthday a couple years ago where I was having a really rough time, and the fact that people who didn't even know me in person took the time to send me wishes...it really touched me and brightened up my day. Thanks PJ fam :)

exactly.... bring it back...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Yes
    I totally agree.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Yes
    I'm already used to people forgetting my birthday (even at work when there was an appointed 'birthday person' who kept a list of everybody's birthday), so when people here would wish me a happy birthday, it really made my day...and because I like you guys here...well, most of you anyway...Hahaha!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Yes
    Lol!!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,631
    Yes
    Yeah, good idea. Bring it back!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.