WTF...Katy Perry & The Super Bowl

What a joke...
I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I heard those rumours a while back ... It's been confirmed? Who would you like to see?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Yeah NBC just made a big deal of announcing it but I feel like it has been known for months. Strange.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    Wow...I had no idea and I watch a lot of football...I tune out stupid shit, which this would sure fall into for me...I would rather hear a Simon and Garfunkel reunion for halftime, even ABBA would be better then Katy Perry...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    edited November 2014
    She's cute and perky and all but when it comes to music - and I mean MUSIC, not ass-wagging or air-fucking or otherwise compromising / selling out your "craft" - I'd rather hear than see.

I wonder how many artistes would be successful (whatever that even means now - tied to integrity, money raked in, who knows) based solely on talent vs image.

Mozart, PJ, Tool, Bach, Alice - with them and those like them, they feed my ears and not my eyes.
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    hedonist said:

She's cute and perky and all but when it comes to music - and I mean MUSIC, not ass-wagging or air-fucking or otherwise compromising / selling out your "craft" - I'd rather hear than see.

I wonder how many artistes would be successful (whatever that even means now - tied to integrity, money raked in, who knows) based solely on talent vs image.

Mozart, PJ, Tool, Bach, Alice - with them and those like them, they feed my ears and not my eyes.

i thought Bruno Mars was great last year.

right now it's either Country or Pop and most Country is not mainstream enough for it. They aren't trying to appeal to rock fans or even most football fans.
  • I actually disagree. I think country is the mainstream right now. By far actually. I think they'd have a better draw with artists like Keith Urban, Luke Bryan or whoever. Same with Taylor Swift. I'm actually shocked that it isn't Swift. Especially with her being some new ambassador to New York.

I can honestly say that I don't care for 99.99999% of country music today. It's pop crap with a fiddle. But Keith Urban is the fucking man. One of the best guitar players on the planet.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Fingers are crossed for NippleGate Part 2.
  • Doesn't Katie Perry remind you of Jerry Seinfeld's girlfriend in the Festivus episode that looks good under certain light, but not others? There are times when she's like whoa. And then many more where it's like- wtf is John Mayer thinking?

I wonder which one will show up. It's a Festivus at the Super Bowl!!!!!

And for the record, I'm not a Country music fan, but Keith Urban the guitar hero would be a tremendous half time show. He did a killer version of Don't Let Me Down with John Mayer at EC's Guitarfest last year that really opened my eyes/ears. Though my guess is if he did the SB, he wouldn't be guitar hero Keith, he'd be twangy country Keith.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Doesn't Katie Perry remind you of Jerry Seinfeld's girlfriend in the Festivus episode that looks good under certain light, but not others? There are times when she's like whoa. And then many more where it's like- wtf is John Mayer thinking?

Part of it is that she is a thirty-something old woman trying to convince everyone she is still seventeen.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,481

Doesn't Katie Perry remind you of Jerry Seinfeld's girlfriend in the Festivus episode that looks good under certain light, but not others? There are times when she's like whoa. And then many more where it's like- wtf is John Mayer thinking?

I wonder which one will show up. It's a Festivus at the Super Bowl!!!!!

she's a two face.

her boobs always look good though.
    www.myspace.com
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    edited November 2014
    Not that I agree with it but it's whatever looks good on TV isn't it...talent aside :p
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    They should have Linda perry play!