"Winning the Holidays"

Going through my mail this evening, I ran across this ad that was in my P.O. box from USPS that says "Your 2014 Holiday Playbook" on one side and "Inside: Everything you need to know to win the holidays."

Damn- aren't the holidays stressful enough already? I didn't know they had become a competition. What happens if you loose the holidays? Do you go to the cellar? Are you traded away? Do you get sent to the minors? Does Santa skip your house? Do you have to do the year over again?

Hey, if that's the way it's gonna be, I say fuck the holidays! =))
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• brianlux said:

Going through my mail this evening, I ran across this ad that was in my P.O. box from USPS that says "Your 2014 Holiday Playbook" on one side and "Inside: Everything you need to know to win the holidays."

Damn- aren't the holidays stressful enough already? I didn't know they had become a competition. What happens if you loose the holidays? Do you go to the cellar? Are you traded away? Do you get sent to the minors? Does Santa skip your house? Do you have to do the year over again?

Hey, if that's the way it's gonna be, I say fuck the holidays! =))

Sounds like a postcard from Charlie Sheen
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I wonder if the USPS would be in better financial shape if they didn't waste resources on this nonsense.

What were their tips for winning?

(and, I say fuck during the holidays - all of them! Or not :D )
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,631
    hedonist said:

I wonder if the USPS would be in better financial shape if they didn't waste resources on this nonsense.

What were their tips for winning?

(and, I say fuck during the holidays - all of them! Or not :D )

Basically a bunch of hoo ha about how to mail packages and letters. Yeah- real news there huh?

My guess is this whole scheme was made up by a disgruntled Raiders fan who desperately feels the need win something, haha! Not sure what the win is, however.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.