How's your Hunting season going??

2»

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391

mcgruff10 said:

Flounder are smaller than fluke and don't get as big. Flounder have no teeth, fluke do. You anchor to catch flounder, fluke you drift. Fluke are warm water, flounder are colder water. Both fun as hell to catch and yummy to eat

God I love me some Flounder! Never had Fluje, but it sounds good!! Epic fishing here in Colorado. Best state I've lived in so far got fishing. Have yet to fish theGold Medals of Montana or Wyoming yet though..
    are there land locked salmon in colorado? I know there's trout all over the place but what else is there since the water is so cold? I'm guessing the southern part of the state has different species of fish than the rockies.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Flounder are smaller than fluke and don't get as big. Flounder have no teeth, fluke do. You anchor to catch flounder, fluke you drift. Fluke are warm water, flounder are colder water. Both fun as hell to catch and yummy to eat

God I love me some Flounder! Never had Fluje, but it sounds good!! Epic fishing here in Colorado. Best state I've lived in so far got fishing. Have yet to fish theGold Medals of Montana or Wyoming yet though..
    are there land locked salmon in colorado? I know there's trout all over the place but what else is there since the water is so cold? I'm guessing the southern part of the state has different species of fish than the rockies.
    I don't know about other places, but when I lived In Gunnison Co. Years ago I rememer catching loads of salmon...I think they were pink salmon if I remember correctly. I also Remenber getting pushed out of that awesome fishing spot cause a Bear wanted it w/ her cubs. Very cool stuff 2 see.
    juddboz80 said:

The rut is in full swing here in central Illinois, lots of deer moving from a big system that has been pushing through!

Lucky you, i really should check out those central illinois deer someday... I even went to ISU..or in other words I Screwed Up university ..lol
  • muskydan said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I don't know about other places, but when I lived In Gunnison Co. Years ago I rememer catching loads of salmon...I think they were pink salmon if I remember correctly. I also Remenber getting pushed out of that awesome fishing spot cause a Bear wanted it w/ her cubs. Very cool stuff 2 see.
    Yeah, Gunnison gets some pretty terrific Salmon runs! I live down in Colorado Springs and we don't get them much hear here. But we get some yummy brown trout, and some delicious Pike, especially in Fly season, ( but I SUCK at fly fishing, so I eat what others catch!) but I can spin and cast fish with the best of em!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    juddboz80 said:

The rut is in full swing here in central Illinois, lots of deer moving from a big system that has been pushing through!

you get anything yet? bow or rifle?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759

Found 3 bottles of Darkness. Hoping to get some Bourbon County on Black Friday. Still keeping an eye out for FWXVII?

As for vinyl hunting, I recently got a Mondo test press.

nice score... FWXVII shouldn't still be on the shelves... you're likely looking for FWXVIII soon... I drank my 17 a little while ago, it was quite delicious.

I can't deal with lining up for beers... I am rotted that InBev is trying to make BCBS a "black friday", over-hyped, line up situation for beers... so fucking stupid. I refuse to line up at 5 am in the morning to purchase beer at 10 am..

despite that, I actually managed to wind up with 12 bottles of BCBS and BCBW (each) last year, so I should be good to skip this year ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • I had to post here with my user name. Haven't been out fly fishing since September in Maine - LL Salmon and Brookies (been surfing more than fly fishing these days). Enjoy the rest of the fall and not looking forward to the cold...
  • I had to post here with my user name. Haven't been out fly fishing since September in Maine - LL Salmon and Brookies (been surfing more than fly fishing these days). Enjoy the rest of the fall and not looking forward to the cold...

Love the name!! Enjoy those waves!
  • HAha! Figured we'd get moved! Lol
    Well, I won't be able to make it to Deer camp due to Work, but would love to hear about your successes. Anybody want to share where you are going and a story about your harvest?
  • Did good this year! Got all our tags full. Cut and portioned, freezer isssss full!
    You lucky duck Whispering hands…. Sounds like you will have lots of yummy options for Thanksgiving weekend...
  • Yep! We always have Venison and Turkey, so it is a major feast! Any luck
    Out there?
  • I know you couldn't make Deer Camp, but any other bounties?
    nope, this Ferguson is keeping me grounded . I hope to make it to Northern Wisconsin the first part of Dec. for the extended season for Deer, but if St. Louis blows up I am sure my town will 2.
  • Where are you at? We're getting these stupid prep warnings all the way over here in Colorado!
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    About to spend a few days out with the bow here in southern Alberta. Have had some lovely outdoors time in this great plot of land in the foothills for the last couple years. Our freezer is empty and the gf is pushing hard for me to fill it up again. Here's to some good fortune this year! Whitetail fyi. Hope to get some walleye next summer. We only did catch and release this year - heck of a great day of fishing we had! Every cast we caught a fish. She's just getting into it (city girl who grew up in a home that didn't speak of hunting) and she's really enjoying it. Now if I could just provide with some fresh venison, we'd be all set again :)
    Great thread. Good luck to all my fellow outdoorsmen & outdoorswomen :)
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!

Where are you at? We're getting these stupid prep warnings all the way over here in Colorado!

The home of one Eddie Vedder…my team had been working 12 hr days since last week in anticipation of the Fergesen verdict. Made a lot of $ in overtime, but would rather be at my buddies deer camp.
  • Ahh cool ( the location not the situation)! Hope things end up going smoothly.. For everyone!
  • And good hunting evsgjamm!