I just realized . . .

You don't see the user name of the OP in reading thread title. I can't believe I just realized that. Has this been the way since the last board changes? Wow, how oblivious am I??
Is this maybe a viewing option or is it the norm? I don't come here as much as I used to but can't believe I just noticed that.

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    When you read the thread title, there is a "started by" column to the right. I'm not familiar with the previous forum format, but the OP info there. I suspect that it is just in a different place than it was originally.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    I'm viewing on my phone, I don't see that column. Actually haven't been able to view site fully from computer since the change. See it better on my phone.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Sad. :(
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    What's sad, that I just realized, or that site is better on my phone? :)
  • I just view the 'full site' from my phone. And with that option I can see the I go column to the right.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818

I just view the 'full site' from my phone. And with that option I can see the I go column to the right.

Yep. You can see the OP of the thread in the full site view but not in the mobile view. I miss that too as I'm usually on my phone and find the full site view to be too difficult to use on my phone. That's really my only complaint at this point though
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    edited November 2014

I'm viewing on my phone, I don't see that column. Actually haven't been able to view site fully from computer since the change. See it better on my phone.

Yeah, it missing that info on the mobile version... pretty much all info is missing on the mobile version actually - can't even see when the threads were started without going into it - and you also can't even preview posts before posting. It's great because it's so much easier to post at all on a phone now, but the lack of forum features on the phone blows. In the end it's better, since mobile posting was so fucking frustrating on the old website, but still...
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,631
    I have a hard enough time reading this stuff on a computer. How on earth do you all read this on a phone? That boggles my mind. :-B
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• It may be more difficult, but I still prefer posting and reading in full site mode from my phone. The mobile version just doesn't ' do it' for me.. Besides in the mobile version.. I can't post here in AET.. Everywhere else? Great, just not AET.. Weirdness!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,631

It may be more difficult, but I still prefer posting and reading in full site mode from my phone. The mobile version just doesn't ' do it' for me.. Besides in the mobile version.. I can't post here in AET.. Everywhere else? Great, just not AET.. Weirdness!

Anything involving a "Trip" is bound to be a bit weird, hahaha!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:

I have a hard enough time reading this stuff on a computer. How on earth do you all read this on a phone? That boggles my mind. :-B

No shit! I'm not yet at the point of :-B for reading (just driving, tv, etc.) but the one time I accessed this place on my phone, I was one irritated, squinting motherfucker.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    edited November 2014
    brianlux said:

It's very easy to read on the mobile version. The text isn't small on the phone unless you use the desktop version. I think if you're having probs reading it on a phone then you just need to change your phone settings so that all your text is larger.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    hedonist said:

brianlux said:

No shit! I'm not yet at the point of :-B for reading (just driving, tv, etc.) but the one time I accessed this place on my phone, I was one irritated, squinting motherfucker.
    I see it clearly on my phone, the text anyway. But I do wear reading glasses. The site is skewed on computer though, like the left side is cut off. Weird. :)