Options

2008 Tour Compilation - what would you use?

Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I will be putting a 2008 compilation together. I haven't heard the shows yet, but I plan on inspecting every second that was played in 2008 when the physical CD's arrive. Having done a 2000 comp, I always intended on doing a comp for 2003 and 2006, but I never got around to it because it was too overwhelming. Now this 13-date tour has given me the perfect excuse to do a comp again.

What versions do you guys think would be good additions, based on what you've heard or witnessed?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MrStyles420MrStyles420 Posts: 272
    wma camden 2 for sure
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II
  • Options
    Immortality from Hartford was best I ever seen, unreal

then the songs they only played at one show, that's easy :)
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    Well I wasn't going to include every song they played. Some of the one-time only songs are bound to be rusty.
  • Options
    one of the versions of U would be cool. Also I got Shit from DC
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
  • Options
    slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    love reign o'er me from MSG1 was incredible though im not sure that will translate into the boot.

also betterman from MansfieldI
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I think I'm in the minority when I say that I can't really distinguish how good a version of a song is when I am at the show. Everything is so loud that it's hard to tell because of the mix; plus you are caught up in the moment where you think everything sounds good. I have to listen to the bootleg to be able to tell which version of a song is better than another.

That said, I never take anyone's advice about a song when they say "oh my god the version of Black at such and such a place was so incredible"--well of course it was numbnuts it's because you were there, it's the same reason you always rank that show highest on your list and the same reason you think the poster you got is the best one out there