Options

Which Physical Media Gives You the Most Nostalgia?

13»

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Compact Discs
    pjradio said:

Memories, like the corners of my mind.....
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Vinyl
    Couldn't resist!! Hahaha!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Compact Discs
    Nice :D
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,647
    Cassette Tapes
    How about turning a Tape you didnt like into a recordable tape by applying scotch tape over the corner detector slots?

Turns any shit tape that you hate into a mixed wonder.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Vinyl

How about turning a Tape you didnt like into a recordable tape by applying scotch tape over the corner detector slots?

Ah yes.. Did this quite often!!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    Vinyl

From Two Feet Thick website:

Throughout Ed’s early years as a musician, his demos would be made not from new blank tapes, but often from prerecorded cassettes of other artists’ actual albums that he would record over. In this case, Eddie commandeered an advance cassette of a Merle Haggard best-of compilation called “Greatest Hits Of The 80s” (which would come out Oct. 5,1990), recorded over it, slathered it with Wite-out and labeled it “For Stone + Jeff.” Appropriately, Ed left one track name visible, “A Friend in California.” With his creativity flowing, he also meticulously whited-out the album information below the tape view, only leaving the letters “E-D-D-I-E” visible.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,647
    Cassette Tapes
    lolobugg said:

Throughout Ed’s early years as a musician, his demos would be made not from new blank tapes, but often from prerecorded cassettes of other artists’ actual albums that he would record over. In this case, Eddie commandeered an advance cassette of a Merle Haggard best-of compilation called “Greatest Hits Of The 80s” (which would come out Oct. 5,1990), recorded over it, slathered it with Wite-out and labeled it “For Stone + Jeff.” Appropriately, Ed left one track name visible, “A Friend in California.” With his creativity flowing, he also meticulously whited-out the album information below the tape view, only leaving the letters “E-D-D-I-E” visible.
    I just scratched out my sister's Richard Marx and put a piece of masking tape on it...and to that wrote "Anthrax - I'm The Man" or something like that. lol.

(I actually like some old Merle Haggard. My buddy (who sings rock) does an awesome 'Good Old Boys' from Dukes of Hazzard.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    Vinyl

lolobugg said:

I just scratched out my sister's Richard Marx and put a piece of masking tape on it...and to that wrote "Anthrax - I'm The Man" or something like that. lol.

(I actually like some old Merle Haggard. My buddy (who sings rock) does an awesome 'Good Old Boys' from Dukes of Hazzard.)
    Yeah, Hag is the man!!!
    I saw him upstage Dylan as his opening act in 2006.
    Guess Ed had to use what was handy.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Vinyl
    We're getting old!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options