Options

Glenn Beck Ailing with Mystery Illness...

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
it is no secret how i feel about this man, but you hate to see this happen to anybody.

even if that person was one of the people most responsible for using their media show to divide the country. to lie and make false accusations about presidential candidates. to spread rumors and panic and hysteria about laws that have been passed. to influence the tea party by telling them that they are losing their country and by promoting when and where the "grassroots" group "without leaders" is going to meet and what their principles are... even if that person would accuse someone like anderson cooper or keith olberman of using an illness to generate ratings or book sales, because that is the kind of thing beck would say.

it is always ironic when the mystery illnesses strike the ones who do the most damage.

at any rate, i just hope that they figure it out so that he can get the proper treatment.

the game needs glenn beck, even if he is a loon.

Glenn Beck Sick With Mysterious Neurological Illness

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/10/glenn-beck-sick_n_6136884.html

Glenn Beck revealed on his network The Blaze on Monday that he has been battling a series of health problems that have left doctors baffled.

The conservative media personality said the problems started when he was on Fox News and became so severe that the crew worked out hand signals to indicate when to take the camera off of him.

"We didn't know at the time what was causing me to feel as though, out of nowhere, my hands or feet or arms and legs would feel like someone had just crushed them or set them on fire or pushed broken glass into my feet," Beck said. "I can't tell you how many nights my wife would sit in the light, looking at the bottom of my feet to make sure that there really wasn't any glass in it."

At times crying, Beck explained how he has visited various doctors who were unable to figure out what was wrong.

He's also experienced sleep problems, which at first allowed him to function with just two to four hours of shut-eye per night.

"Quite honestly this isn't a symptom that you look to fix," Beck said. "If you have a ton to do, you're like, 'I don't need sleep this is great.'"

However, doctors told him he hadn't had any REM sleep in about a decade. And soon, other problems appeared, including what he called "time collapse," or the inability to remember if he had met someone just a week ago or years earlier.

Beck said he suffered in ways he publicly revealed at the time, including macular dystrophy and vocal chord problems, as well as some had not, such as seizures that would strike while flying and in times of exertion.

"Most afternoons my hands will start to shake or my hands and feet begin to curl up and I become in a fetal position," Beck said. "When it gets real bad my friends just kind of try to uncurl me."

In New York about 18 months ago, Beck went through a battery of tests, including one for traumatic brain injury.

"I did so poorly on this test the doctors shared the results with my wife and didn't focus on them with me. I never wanted to see the results," Beck said. "I knew I was functioning at about the bottom 10 percent. I knew when I couldn't figure out simple math problems or remember a series of words I was in real trouble."

Beck said doctors told him he may be unable to function in five or 10 years.

"It has baffled some of the best doctors in the world," Beck said. "It has frightened me and my family as we didn't know what was happening."

At one point, Beck looked into the possibility that he was being poisoned.

Beck said he moved from New York to Dallas because he believed the better climate might help. He didn't realize it at the time, but he also moved near Carrick Brain Centers, a brain rehabilitation center that specializes in experimental therapies that are not covered by insurance.

There Beck was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder and adrenal fatigue, among other things. He said these conditions are being treated with diet, lifestyle changes and hormones.

Beck said his faith has played a major role in his recovery.

"My doctors told me that it was my faith in God that was powering me through all this, that I shouldn't be standing," Beck said, adding that the move from New York to Dallas may have saved his life.

Beck's discussion of his illness and how it has affected his plans for his upstart media company, The Blaze, begin in the clip above and continue below.
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    Weird weird weird. Recently for a week or so I had a burning sensation on my right side. Just like it was on fire 24/7. Just the slightest touch and it was more painful. Went to see my Doc who had me get some blood test. No Lymes, no non-rash shingles. Didn't have a clue. I did some research and there's a whole shit load of vaguely or un-defined forms of neuritis out there. Thankfully it went away. So yeah, I can actually have a little bit of empathy for a man who otherwise is pretty high on my list of most vilest of the vile.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Weird weird weird. Recently for a week or so I had a burning sensation on my right side. Just like it was on fire 24/7. Just the slightest touch and it was more painful. Went to see my Doc who had me get some blood test. No Lymes, no non-rash shingles. Didn't have a clue. I did some research and there's a whole shit load of vaguely or un-defined forms of neuritis out there. Thankfully it went away. So yeah, I can actually have a little bit of empathy for a man who otherwise is pretty high on my list of most vilest of the vile.

before i finished reading your post i was going to say "sounds like shingles"... but i read the rest of it and then i was stumped. good news is it went away.

this guy has access to the best docs in the country, so they should be able to get it figured out. i could not stand to have a new disease named after glenn beck.

"glenn beck's disease" has a terrible and creepy ring to it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685

brianlux said:

before i finished reading your post i was going to say "sounds like shingles"... but i read the rest of it and then i was stumped. good news is it went away.

this guy has access to the best docs in the country, so they should be able to get it figured out. i could not stand to have a new disease named after glenn beck.

"glenn beck's disease" has a terrible and creepy ring to it.
    OMG, me neither. NO EFFIN' WAY, haha!!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Forget after whom it's named, I couldn't stand to have that disease, period.

Hope he can get it taken care of...sounds just awful.
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Has he blamed his illness on Obama yet?
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    he is just building to his I am healed moment so he can have another phoney crying moment on tv
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I have my own theories but I'll keep them to myself. Don't want to be labeled a conspiracist. An asshole I'm ok with, =))
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    Karma can be a real bitch sometimes
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    badbrains said:

I have my own theories but I'll keep them to myself. Don't want to be labeled a conspiracist. An asshole I'm ok with, =))

Hey I want to hear them. PM me

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

Karma can be a real bitch sometimes

maybe it is a severe case of this tour flu everyone seems to get....

EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    I don't give a shit about Glenn Beck and frankly don't care if he's sick, but this thing about sleeping freaks me out, since I have chronic insomnia.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata