Options

nyc to hartford

pjallipjalli Posts: 129
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Who else is heading from NYC to Hartford tomorrow? How are you getting there? If you're driving, what time are you planning on leaving the city? I'm getting nervous about traffic...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fishbucketfishbucket Posts: 41
    I'm doing the same drive... yeah, traffic is going to be a mess. google's telling me 2.5 hours but I know it'll be over 3. I guess just leave as early as you can! I haven't decided between 95 and 84, maybe see how traffic looks on each at the last minute and decide then.

I've only seen them play at Hartford once (that notorious '98 show) and vowed to never return. (I think it was at the point when people started setting fires in the parking lot.) fingers crossed that this one will be a much better experience!
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    i plan on leaving around 3pm, and i'm hoping it wont take me longer than 3 1/2 hours with traffic.

the drive isn't what's making me nervous, it's the parking. i've heard some not nice things about parking availability.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    pjallipjalli Posts: 129
    hmmm, so parking will be a nightmare too. sounds like camden when the cops were closing off all the lots! i wonder if it will be a huge disaster if i leave at 4pm...

are you guys heading back after the show or staying over?
  • Options
    pjalli wrote:
    hmmm, so parking will be a nightmare too. sounds like camden when the cops were closing off all the lots! i wonder if it will be a huge disaster if i leave at 4pm...

are you guys heading back after the show or staying over?

i'm headin back to ny after the show. the traffic should be much lighter on the way back.
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    I'm pretty sure we are leaving NYC at 1. I really want to try and get in to hear the sound check.

Driving home after the show....... I'll wave to Longred as I pass him!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure we are leaving NYC at 1. I really want to try and get in to hear the sound check.

adios, chick!

and btw, thanks for your cheap beer recommendation at Penn Station ... i hung a left at Dunkin' Donuts and enjoyed 32oz. beers for a mere $2.75!!! night, enhanced.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I am leaving northern westchester around four, taking 84 and expecting it to take three hours.

I would avoid 95 like the plague, its awful any day, but especially on Fridays.
  • Options
    OTOTOOTOTO New York, NY Posts: 190
    95 sucks. To get straight on 84, you take West Side Highway, right? Then what? I always forget.
    "You Can't be Neutral on a Moving Train"
  • Options
    Get on the Hutchinson River Pkway in the Bronx, and take that north to 684. That'll bring you to 84, and avoid greenwich/stamford/norwalk/new haven and all those towns on the coast. Looks like it adds about 10 miles to the trip, but it should be worth it.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891

When does soundcheck usually take place?
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    google maps is good, you can drag the suggested route to another one and it shows you the time/mile change as you're dragging. Pretty helpful.

Someone from CT should probably interject here, but I don't think 15 is as big a road as 84 or 95. So you may be stuck with less lanes and a 55 limit instead of 65.
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    adios, chick!

and btw, thanks for your cheap beer recommendation at Penn Station ... i hung a left at Dunkin' Donuts and enjoyed 32oz. beers for a mere $2.75!!! night, enhanced.
    See... this just proves my rep on this silly thing is all wrong. I'm just a really nice jewish girl from NYC!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 804
    I would take 15 to 91 N to Jennings Rd. 84E is horrible especially Waterbury area. 84 takes you through Danbury, Waterbury and you have to go through hartford. 15 takes you through no major cities and you end up East of Hartford which is where you want to be.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    When does soundcheck usually take place?
    We are going to try and get in at 4:30. Just stinks cause once we are in, we are stuck in!
    I've never been to this venue, hopefully it will be like Camden in respect that there will be the ability to eat and walk around.

BTW... It looks like it's going to pour...
    Pearl Jam in the rain is always fun!!!
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    See... this just proves my rep on this silly thing is all wrong. I'm just a really nice jewish girl from NYC!

hey all kidding aside, safe travels...

(and bring some of those 32oz beers!)
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    We are going to try and get in at 4:30. Just stinks cause once we are in, we are stuck in!
    I've never been to this venue, hopefully it will be like Camden in respect that there will be the ability to eat and walk around.

BTW... It looks like it's going to pour...
    Pearl Jam in the rain is always fun!!!
    in the venue at 4:30? that's way too early isn't it?
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    kimanikimani Posts: 16
    is the hartford ampitheater like camden (covered) or like jones beach (not covered).

it's supposed to severely thunderstorm tonight.
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 804
    Covered. There are is a lawn area that is not covered. Its very much like Mansfield, MA (Great Woods/tweeter Center).
  • Options
    svenstephysvenstephy Posts: 182
    would anyone be able to give mea ride back to nyc after the show? i can pay for gas, tolls, etc...
    it's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind...