Denver last night.....kicked ass

fatb81fatb81 Posts: 5
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
The show was absolutely amazing by both Pearl Jam and Petty. So, right after the 2nd or 3rd song Eddie tosses out a pick and of course everyone goes nuts for like 10 minutes trying to find it. Then, like 3 songs later my girlfriend reaches down into her pant leg and it was stuck in the cuff. So cool. At that point I'm going nuts and then Jeremy starts up. After it's over, Eddie walks off the stage onto a stack of amps and leans over to me and hands me his pick and says something like "Here ya go man. You gotta get this." So now people in the crowd are hugging me and the whole front section is going ape shit. Well, the whole show Eddie is pounding down some wine and giving cheers to the crowd. Towards the end of the show he sees a bunch of us in front with empty beer cups and goes through and gives like 7 of us a pour out of his bottle and we all toast the great night. So cool to have that private moment with like 20,000 people watching. Then, finally after the 4-song encore he rips off his setlist and hands it down to me also.

Then Tom Petty came on. His performance was pretty amazing. Much more than I had expected. I ended up catching one of his picks too and got the setlist from security right after the 2nd song so we knew everything they were going to play. Kinda cool because I got to see that he was busting out a lot of the classics. All in all it was a very memorable night. Came home with 3 picks, both setlists, got to have a drink with Eddie, and of course rocked my ass off in front row. Amazing how ticketmaster can screw you for 10 years and then come through with something like this on the day of the show.

Just wanted to share a great fan story with you. Hope the tour this year has some once in a lifetime moments for all of you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• j88ryanj88ryan Posts: 66
    That's not the only thing that got stuffed in her pants.......
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    And they played Bee Girl :D
  • haha ya, wasn't expecting bee girl. I got up and drove 8 hrs there, went to the show and drove 8hrs back...was up fror 24 hrs total, was nuts but worth it!

I didn't have that good of thickets unfortunatly :(, I was on the side in the second section of seats on the floor but was still pretty good.

Anyone catch edd tokin one up on the right side of the stage when mike was doing his first solo? haha, made me laugh.

Oh, and next time, we just all need to grab our chairs and stack them on the side and make the thing fuckin GA, those seats sucked ass.
  • fatb81fatb81 Posts: 5
    j88ryan wrote:
    That's not the only thing that got stuffed in her pants.......

Got that right. haha....After a night like that what do you expect??