I just quit my job!

whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
edited November 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
Why, because I just spent thirty hours working with idiots that wanted me to cover for their shit, which throws the entire line of production off! Then because I'm on the end if things before packing I get yelled at... I put the unfinished crap to the side I get yelled at, I fall behind, for correcting the issues, I get yelled at.. I run out if steel wool to debur, I get yelled at, meanwhile I have wrenches coming at me non stop.. Alllllll the other days, good team, work went smoothly... Team if idiots, shit fell apart.. I kept telling them, if we can't find a way to make this work, I'm out.. But I'm not your scapegoat.. Do your job, so I can do mine.. But quit fuckjng yelling at me cause these Jack asses are handing me half finished product!! I don't think they believed me! I'm sitting at home right now seething.. I'm so pissed! But I can't handle that shit! Like I said yesterday, I don't play well with morons!
Ok rant over, carry on.. Thanks for letting me get that out.. I'm going to go try to salvage my life..
Post edited by whispering hands on

Comments

• Dang it!! This was supposed to be in AET! Sorry.. Ignore me.. I posted wrong..
  • How long had you worked there?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,938
    Sorry to hear that. Nobody deserves to get yelled at (well, except referees on a television screen;), even my dawg. Hope things shake out well and you find fulfillment and appreciation at your next place of employment.
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Well, did you at least do it in a glorious, all out, guns-a-blazing "Fuck you, I quit!" style?
  • Hobbes said:

Well, did you at least do it in a glorious, all out, guns-a-blazing "Fuck you, I quit!" style?

I threw 9" adjustable a wrenches on the floor! Lmao totally shameful behsvior for sure! And I'd only been there about a month.. Through a temp service.. I never realized I had such a shitty attitude towards people til I got sober!! That's not funny, but it's true!
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

Hobbes said:

I threw 9" adjustable a wrenches on the floor! Lmao totally shameful behsvior for sure! And I'd only been there about a month.. Through a temp service.. I never realized I had such a shitty attitude towards people til I got sober!! That's not funny, but it's true!
    Did you contact the temp service to let them know what happened? No one deserves to get yelled at. Hopefully something better will come your way.
    ELITIST FUK
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889

Dang it!! This was supposed to be in AET! Sorry.. Ignore me.. I posted wrong..

If you just go in to edit the original post you can change the location of the thread. :)

Hope you find another job soon!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

Dang it!! This was supposed to be in AET! Sorry.. Ignore me.. I posted wrong..

If you just go in to edit the original post you can change the location of the thread. :)

Hope you find another job soon!
    Thank you. Moved.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    what is it that you were doing? "Deburring"?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    SD48277 said:

Hobbes said:

Did you contact the temp service to let them know what happened? No one deserves to get yelled at. Hopefully something better will come your way.
    Great point about talking with the agency.

Wishing you well in your new search!

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited November 2014
    imalive said:

what is it that you were doing? "Deburring"?

I was working for a forge factory, where they made tools. Some days I would be running the gorge, some days I packed product into packaging.. Some days I'd debur finished steel products. I went where they needed me.. But from Monday to today, was just a total cluster fuck of idiocy.. I couldn't do my job, which was to smooth the steel of sharp edges on 9" adjustable Craftsman wrenches.. I was to debur them. Put 80 in a box, and stack them ten deep on a pallet to go to stock for the pack house to ship out to Sears. But I kept getting wrenches with no jaw, and the jaw just sitting next to it.. ( the jaw is the part that screws in and out oh adjust the grip opening). They are deburred separately, then put together, jaw into mouth, by the same person,. But they would debur the jaw and just sent the pieces down together not assembled! So, I'd toss them off to the side, but soon I had three boxes of unfinished product and only ONE of usable product! I asked the cold press operates to please space flash sets out, so the assembly people could pull parts from molds, and the assembler could put the pieces together.. But he kept pushing them
    Out.. 16 at a time.. No reprieve.. I even asked the line leader to please explain, that we weren't able to keep up and to please tell him to wait one full minute before next issue. ( which one minute is totally allowable! You have five full minutes before the steel
    Loses it's temper heat before you flash cool it, this setting your temperance). He just ignored me.. For three hours, I asked nicely.. I got Eddie Vedder with it.. Finally I swept all the tools assembled and not to the floor yelled fuck this, I'm out.. I clocked out and left..

• I have a huge bruise on my right forearm to show for my own idiotic behavior! Guess that's what I get for flipping out.
  • Now that I have cooled off. I am really ashamed of my behavior.. Normally I'm much better behaved.. I was just sick of there being no solution, and catching all the crap for it. Temp agency dropped me, can't say I blame them at all.. I made a complete ass of myself. But I will stay sober.. Maybe I need anger management classes??
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Wellll...it may not hurt to look into ways of coping and/or releasing that wrath. The feeling is totally understandable, but to have physically/verbally reacted in that way is pretty out of line - as you've acknowledged.

Also think about if the tools you tossed had hit someone else - their pain aside, you could be looking at a lawsuit or worse.

Maybe consider this timely wake-up call for you, even if only on a personal level.
  • hedonist said:

Wellll...it may not hurt to look into ways of coping and/or releasing that wrath. The feeling is totally understandable, but to have physically/verbally reacted in that way is pretty out of line - as you've acknowledged.

Also think about if the tools you tossed had hit someone else - their pain aside, you could be looking at a lawsuit or worse.

Maybe consider this timely wake-up call for you, even if only on a personal level.

Very good points.. Thank you.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Now that I have cooled off. I am really ashamed of my behavior.. Normally I'm much better behaved.. I was just sick of there being no solution, and catching all the crap for it. Temp agency dropped me, can't say I blame them at all.. I made a complete ass of myself. But I will stay sober.. Maybe I need anger management classes??

Wait, what the fuck happened? Holyshit I go get a tattoo and miss all this shit today. Hope you're doing ok, that's some crazy shit day ey.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I've quit jobs in anger too, I can feel you, I never...well, I threw an apron across the kitchen...wasn't gonna hurt anyone...lol Shit happens though, and you just gotta look at it for what it was, and move on....I wish you luck finding something new, I'm sure something better is waiting for you!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Thank you, everyone.. I just had to rant.. But then I re-read my rant, and I realized how stupid I acted. And BB, what happened is written above.. God.. And all I can think is good thing for my
    Meds!! I cod really have hurt someone! Those wrenches are heavy!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    I don't know your circumstances, about your sobriety or employment history. All I can say is, learn from this mistake. We all get frustrated, next time, walk away, take a deep breath . . . anything but how you reacted in this instance.
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    Do I know you??? Wow, does this ever sound like a friend of mine. Like.... to a T. I feel for ya man. (guessing you're a man.) In my opinion, you had every right to boil over and snap. A person can only take so much at time. So you lost it at work. You're no pioneer in this. And you'll be just fine. You clearly have good work ethic, yet you're stuck in a group of people that sometimes (maybe more than that) can not seem to get the job done. You'd perhaps be better off in a management type of role in my opinion. You know lot about your job, I can tell. This means you can absorb the way things work and can work efficiently in many sectors of your building. That's a valuable thing and will help you climb ladders. Not sure of your age, but I'd suspect you'll be fine based solely on your clear work ethic combined with your ability to understand how to get things done. I see many people come to you for help, which is another sign you're the right person for the job. If I were to lend some advice, it would be to formulate some concise thoughts about the events from today, reflect on your time on the job, and IF IT'S NOT TOO LATE and more importantly if you want to, have a meeting with one of the bosses whom you think will have a good listen. Tell them the things that concern you about the job (be honest) and if you like working there and want to grow in the company, then relay those things to the boss. You can do whatever you want. See it happening in your mind, then go execute it. Honesty, integrity & dignity. Keep your head held high and move forward. Keep a positive mental attitude and be yourself. I wish you the very best. I have a feeling you kick ass. ie, you're a wicked dude. Perhaps this blowout today is your brain telling you that it's time for a much needed change. You're the one in charge of your destiny. Make it yours.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • A lot of people do it just the other way around and suck everything up no matter how hard it is. This is no good either. I can totally see how you would get frustrated, I would too. And everbody handles rfrustration differently. You have made recent changes in your life and maybe all of that somehow comes together and you did not have enough time to adjust yet. Maybe there is some kind of help in all of this by talking to a therapist or something? But maybe you do already.
    I'm not one to give you any advice, but I hope brighter days are ahead of you. Keep up the good work!
    (evsgjamm - she's a badass woman ;) )
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited November 2014
    I will definitely do that.. Today was an eye open
    evsgjamm said:

Do I know you??? Wow, does this ever sound like a friend of mine. Like.... to a T. I feel for ya man. (guessing you're a man.) In my opinion, you had every right to boil over and snap. A person can only take so much at time. So you lost it at work. You're no pioneer in this. And you'll be just fine. You clearly have good work ethic, yet you're stuck in a group of people that sometimes (maybe more than that) can not seem to get the job done. You'd perhaps be better off in a management type of role in my opinion. You know lot about your job, I can tell. This means you can absorb the way things work and can work efficiently in many sectors of your building. That's a valuable thing and will help you climb ladders. Not sure of your age, but I'd suspect you'll be fine based solely on your clear work ethic combined with your ability to understand how to get things done. I see many people come to you for help, which is another sign you're the right person for the job. If I were to lend some advice, it would be to formulate some concise thoughts about the events from today, reflect on your time on the job, and IF IT'S NOT TOO LATE and more importantly if you want to, have a meeting with one of the bosses whom you think will have a good listen. Tell them the things that concern you about the job (be honest) and if you like working there and want to grow in the company, then relay those things to the boss. You can do whatever you want. See it happening in your mind, then go execute it. Honesty, integrity & dignity. Keep your head held high and move forward. Keep a positive mental attitude and be yourself. I wish you the very best. I have a feeling you kick ass. ie, you're a wicked dude. Perhaps this blowout today is your brain telling you that it's time for a much needed change. You're the one in charge of your destiny. Make it yours.

I am a badass woman as Leezestar put it!! Thanks Leezestar! And yes, in irder for work
    To work, you have to know every angle from every standpoint. I have done management.. It's not for me. I keep expecting people to actually work when I'm in management! lol! I did that for many ranches and farms throughout the nineties. Once my horse accident killed my training career, I began to work in management fields. Mostly what I found was that 60% of the people working, even then and worse so now have NO work ethic, if very little at all. When I DID find those with good ethics at work, those were the people I moved up. But management is the worst job ever, because basically you're the equivalent of a chunk of cheese strung over a hamster wheel! The CEOs and OOCs kill you when your plans for work
    Improvements don't line up with financial strategy formulas! Which really really sucks. So right now, I'm going to find another job, and save for about two years, then start my own cleaning company. Work for myself! ( bad ass tours in MY future!) and thanks for that awesome vote of confidence EvsgJams! You made my day! Ok.. Off to find employment! ;-)
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    PJSiren said:

I've quit jobs in anger too, I can feel you, I never...well, I threw an apron across the kitchen...

I'M SO FUCKING MAD I'M GOING TO THROW. THIS. APRON!!!! :))

Good luck, whispering hands......I totally understand your frustration. Just wondering.....is this a Unionized factory?

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

PJSiren said:

I've quit jobs in anger too, I can feel you, I never...well, I threw an apron across the kitchen...

Good luck, whispering hands......I totally understand your frustration. Just wondering.....is this a Unionized factory?

No.. And I was a temp anyhow.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    imalive said:

PJSiren said:

LMAO! Yes...I was PISSED! lol For a piece of cloth it flew too...lol :-D
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Better an apron than a steel wrench, or ten! Lol
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    Bugger anyways - Whispering Hands you are da woman! That's twice I've called a woman a dude in the last week. My apologies; I can't help but feel massively responsible for your new avatar SHOWING us what a cool chicky you are!
    Just keep that PMA - as in "positive mental attitude." Keep your goals clear and keep living a clean life true to yourself. BE Yourself and you'll be happy happy happy happy. Good luck in your future endeavours ya badass chicky! Go get em!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • evsgjamm said:

Bugger anyways - Whispering Hands you are da woman! That's twice I've called a woman a dude in the last week. My apologies; I can't help but feel massively responsible for your new avatar SHOWING us what a cool chicky you are!
    Just keep that PMA - as in "positive mental attitude." Keep your goals clear and keep living a clean life true to yourself. BE Yourself and you'll be happy happy happy happy. Good luck in your future endeavours ya badass chicky! Go get em!

Lol thank you! :-)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, fuck it. I have to assume you hated the job. Being booted out of the temp agency is a bummer, and i can't say I blame them, but still....... Here's hoping you find something you're better suited for! Maybe something outside? Being outdoors instead of in a factory is good for the temper and the soul. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, fuck it. I have to assume you hated the job. Being booted out of the temp agency is a bummer, and i can't say I blame them, but still....... Here's hoping you find something you're better suited for! Maybe something outside? Being outdoors instead of in a factory is good for the temper and the soul. ;)

Oh I totally agree on the outdoors thing!!