Planning a Seattle Pilgrimage PJ Soundgarden Nirvana, How long will I need?

Hi there

Planning a West coast trip next year that I want to start in Seattle and finish in maybe San Francisco or LA. Main question is how long would I need to put aside to visit say The Soundgarden, and several of the local Music Venues , Is there anywhere else you can think of?? Is Kurt buried in Seattle? Is the PJ warehouse easy to find? Is the Lighthouse in the Hungerstrike video easy to find?

Completely flying blind at the moment so any tips or advice is gratefully received.

Thank You

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I believe if you have a vehicle, you could see everything in a day or 2.

Kurt is NOT buried here. Courtney had him cremated and has the cremains (I think)
    There is a park next to his old house people visit to pay respects. Go see Jimi's grave instead.

PJ warehouse is easy to find

Have not bothered to find the lighthouse-even though I've been to the park hundreds of times. It's near the water, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

The Singles apartment is really really small

If you know where anybody lives I do not recommend going there/driving by.

It's the rainy season here from October to late May/June. (it still rains in June/July, just not every day)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Cool thanks for that, I'd forgotten about Singles!!!, Not interested in doing the stalky thing Just want to see the history places.
  • Rain doesn't bother me I'm a Brit :)
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Don't forget to visit Bruce lee!
  • Ooh keep them coming please, didn't realise he was there too.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Have to go to pikes!
  • Easy Street Records is worth a visit too. They have good food as well :)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    badbrains said:

Have to go to pikes!

Clam chowder at lowells
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    edited November 2014
    3manstack said:

Hi there

Planning a West coast trip next year that I want to start in Seattle and finish in maybe San Francisco or LA. Main question is how long would I need to put aside to visit say The Soundgarden, and several of the local Music Venues , Is there anywhere else you can think of?? Is Kurt buried in Seattle? Is the PJ warehouse easy to find? Is the Lighthouse in the Hungerstrike video easy to find?

Completely flying blind at the moment so any tips or advice is gratefully received.

Thank You

Ok so im in seattle atm with a pj nerd and weve hit the croc, the offramp, key arena, the showbox, benaroya, mural amphitheater and the moore. And weve done it on foot and by bus. Itll take you less than a day easily....
    In fact itll take you a couple of hours tops to do all that.. then you can have some clam chowder.
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    badbrains said:

Don't forget to visit Bruce lee!

Lakeview Cemetery on Capitol Hill

Soundgarden Sculpture is at Magnuson Park

The song Black Hole Sun was inspired by the 'Black Sun' sculpture by Isamu Noguchi in Volunteer Park
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Oh man, all this talk of Seattle makes me want to go back for another visit. Like, now.
    ELITIST FUK
  • So have bought a seattle guidebook and spent the afternoon finding and checking places off on the map. Don't know if its common knowledge and shareable but would anyone have a rough address for the PJ warehouse please so I can add it to the map. Failing that a PM or just a rough area. Thanks. Hopefully going to New Zealand from Seattle adventuring, any recommendations for that?
    Shit scared of heights but want to Bungee though.

Thanks