When was the last time ED ate a McRib?

coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,459
edited October 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
I've heard he's a vegetarian and watches what he eats as we all should. But don't tell me he doesn't crave the tasty fan favorite slathered in tangy barbecue sauce, slivered onions and tart pickles all on a hoagie style bun!

I love today's discussions!!!!
Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    probably a munchie run on the beach in 1989
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,459
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Worst sandwich ever. I seriously don't get the hype over this thing.
  • derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254
    IBTMcF
    (In Before The McFlurry :D)
    =))
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

Worst sandwich ever. I seriously don't get the hype over this thing.

This whole thread is a joke for some of the topics about Ed earlier today, but I think McRib is pure awesomeness! And I hate McDonald's. There's just something about it.

• yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    The McRib is a conspiracy.

Seriously !
    Why do they keep taking it away, and then magically bringing it back.
    For a limited time only of course ? Really pisses me off
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    I think I still owe Speedy a McRib...
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,517
    I dunno but now I want one. haha. I thinks that's half the appeal. They randomly go on sale every few years. People can't have 'em so when they bring 'em back people want them.

Zod said:

I dunno but now I want one. haha. I thinks that's half the appeal. They randomly go on sale every few years. People can't have 'em so when they bring 'em back people want them.

THIS^
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    mcriblocator.com/

Always comes in handy
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i've had a few mcribs back in the day. after the first one or two being completely dripping bbq sauce i would order the next one as follows... "uh, can i get that with two pounds less bbq sauce? please & thank you." haven't had one in 15-20 years

i think ed throws the bbq sauce at ppl. collects it in a bucket & everything
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Never had one, but he always makes me wish I had...
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    hedonist said:

don't wish you had one, hedonist. just don't, please don't.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • jason_94jason_94 Posts: 1,872
    I don't like the Mcrib that much either. I might order one anyway but I'll get the one with out pickles. It's the Variant.

I'm also going to order a few more before they're gone & then I'll flip them on eBay once they're gone.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    jason_94 said:

I don't like the Mcrib that much either. I might order one anyway but I'll get the one with out pickles. It's the Variant.

I'm also going to order a few more before they're gone & then I'll flip them on eBay once they're gone.

good call....
    and we know that they never deteriorate....
    shit will outlast the last cockroach

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

edited October 2014
    jason_94 said:

Post edited by coco butter on
    They use to sell them with free smiles. Free smiles were on the old McDonald's pre-digital menu. Now you just get pickles and onions. My first job was there, and the ribs do soak in about a 5 gallon crock pot filled with bbq sauce, with melted plastic mixed in from the inner part being so hot. It didn't smell like sauce by the end of the night and it was a pain to clean, so no one did. Just a layer of burnt sauce and rib grease at the bottom.
  • yellowwho said:

They use to sell them with free smiles. Free smiles were on the old McDonald's pre-digital menu. Now you just get pickles and onions. My first job was there, and the ribs do soak in about a 5 gallon crock pot filled with bbq sauce, with melted plastic mixed in from the inner part being so hot. It didn't smell like sauce by the end of the night and it was a pain to clean, so no one did. Just a layer of burnt sauce and rib grease at the bottom.

I smell an Offi-cal first hand fast food nightmares thread coming.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    chadwick said:

hedonist said:

Well, after yellowwho's description, NEVER!

yellowwho said:

Great idea !!!
    hedonist said:

chadwick said:

hedonist said:

Well, after yellowwho's description, NEVER!

Your welcome.

But they are still good right ?
    That's all that matters
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    yellowwho said:

yellowwho said:

Great idea !!!
    nothing like a little plastic to clean out to ol' colon
    and you can never have enough OFFI-cal threads

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,185
    Fuck that those are pure crap i'd have another heart attack if i ate one id be dead in mnts .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    yellowwho said:

:-& No thank you.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • deadendp said:

yellowwho said:

:-& No thank you.
    It's true. I worked there in college. Fuckin things are nasty. It was fun to watch all the easily led automatons come in and order 10 of them at a time then proceed to tell us how their fat ass was gonna take them home and freeze them for a later date. I mean, it's a fucking McRib, not a meal from a Michelin-star restaurant.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238

I mean, it's a fucking McRib, not a meal from a Michelin-star restaurant.

People order 10 meals at a time from Michelin-starred restaurants, take them home and freeze them for a later date? Why would they do that?

8-}