Options

Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    E.K wrote:
    I think we drove past it once when we were on hols in Brissie. It's sort of out in the sticks too isn't it?

yeah, fucking close to nothing. there are a few real shitty motels round there but unless you want to wake up with herpes i wouldn't be staying in them.

:lol: Will probably stay in the city and drive out there. Hope there's plenty of parking.
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    E.K wrote:
    :lol: Will probably stay in the city and drive out there. Hope there's plenty of parking.

that's probably the only thing the ent cents got going for it, there is a shit load of parking. but with basically one road in and out, it can take you an hour to get out of the place.

you can get the train from the city, i think it's about a 20 or so minute train ride. but the last train out of the ent cent in normally packed to shit house.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

that's probably the only thing the ent cents got going for it, there is a shit load of parking. but with basically one road in and out, it can take you an hour to get out of the place.

you can get the train from the city, i think it's about a 20 or so minute train ride. but the last train out of the ent cent in normally packed to shit house.

Ok ... might get the train then. Can't be any worse than getting out of Acer Arena after the Sydney shows in 2006.
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Well I'm excited! :mrgreen:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    Ok I'm outta here. Getting up early tomorrow morning to check this place for the official Aussie tour announcement. :D
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    i'm about to lose control and i think i like it

:lol:
    wah
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    i'm about to lose control and i think i like it

:lol:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    Ok I'm outta here. Getting up early tomorrow morning to check this place for the official Aussie tour announcement. :D

Well I'm up ... and nothing. :?

Michael Jackson memorial is on TV. :(
  • Options
    worldsrivalworldsrival Posts: 260
    E.K wrote:
    E.K wrote:

Ok ... might get the train then. Can't be any worse than getting out of Acer Arena after the Sydney shows in 2006.

Too true! That was a massive clusterf*ck! We walked out of the venue expecting to get a train home... how wrong we were!

if nothing is everything i would have it all
  • Options
    Too true! That was a massive clusterf*ck! We walked out of the venue expecting to get a train home... how wrong we were!

Went to Sydney 1 and Sydney 3 and drove there both times. After Sydney 1 the carpark traffic wasn't moving so we hung around for about an hour at the back of the venue hoping to see the band. Couldn't get near the back entrance though.. had to stand outside a fenced area. At Sydney 3 we parked a long way from the arena and got out of there easily.
  • Options
    StellaStella Posts: 283
    It's not soo bad driving out from the ent cent in brisbane after a show. Sometimes it can take forty minutes, other times you get lucky and just drive straight out.
    as for the drive in! that just adds to the excitment.
    Boondall is a shithole, i recommend people don't stay there :)
    I have no signature
  • Options
    Stella wrote:
    It's not soo bad driving out from the ent cent in brisbane after a show. Sometimes it can take forty minutes, other times you get lucky and just drive straight out.

How many people does Brisbane Convention Centre hold?
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    Stella wrote:

14,000 or so............I think........I could be wrong.......I doubt it --- since I'm never wrong......but there's always a first time! ;)
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    Stella wrote:

14,000 or so............I think........I could be wrong.......I doubt it --- since I'm never wrong......but there's always a first time! ;)

Acording to Wiki, the convention centre holds 4000, the entertainment centre 13500
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    So are we thinking tomorrow is announcement day or could this still be several weeks away?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    E.K wrote:
    I think we drove past it once when we were on hols in Brissie. It's sort of out in the sticks too isn't it?

yeah, fucking close to nothing. there are a few real shitty motels round there but unless you want to wake up with herpes i wouldn't be staying in them.
    Kaine and I stayed in a hotel about 10 minutes from there...on the net it looked really nice...when we got there we were like >>> :?

It was opposite a weird Indian Resteraunt and it had palms out the front, and was in an industrial area...sooooo bad!

But, I didnt wake up with herpes :D
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

Kaine and I stayed in a hotel about 10 minutes from there...on the net it looked really nice...when we got there we were like >>> :?

It was opposite a weird Indian Resteraunt and it had palms out the front, and was in an industrial area...sooooo bad!

But, I didnt wake up with herpes :D

Pfffft. We'll be staying at a 5 star hotel in the city with a view of the Brisbane river. ;)
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    So are we thinking tomorrow is announcement day or could this still be several weeks away?

I'm thinking we won't get dates tomorrow -- US will though....just my opinion....hope I'm wrong though
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    I have a question for when the tickets finally do go on sale.
    My 10C number is 412xxx. I became a member just after the 06 tour. Does anyone know what kind of seats I'd get at a Sydney show provided they are seniority based?
  • Options
    My 10C number is 412xxx. I became a member just after the 06 tour. Does anyone know what kind of seats I'd get at a Sydney show provided they are seniority based?

My 10C no. is 336xxx and I got 13th row at Acer Arena for Sydney 1. Couldn't see a thing because everyone stood the whole time and I had really tall dudes right in front of me. Thank god for the screens.
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

My 10C no. is 336xxx and I got 13th row at Acer Arena for Sydney 1. Couldn't see a thing because everyone stood the whole time and I had really tall dudes right in front of me. Thank god for the screens.

Hmmm.....so 271xxx may be around 10th row or so. YAY for screens! I couldn't see a thing from 10th row in 2003 at Brisbane so I feel your pain. I had a good view in 2006 though! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    E.K wrote:

Hmmm.....so 271xxx may be around 10th row or so. YAY for screens! I couldn't see a thing from 10th row in 2003 at Brisbane so I feel your pain. I had a good view in 2006 though! :mrgreen:

Im 326xxx and got around 10th row in Sydney 06. shit seats in Melbourne though.
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    Red_Dot wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    E.K wrote:

Im 326xxx and got around 10th row in Sydney 06. shit seats in Melbourne though.

Hoping to get closer to the stage this year at Brisbane. And if I see Ziggy in front row I'll be stealing her spot! It's MY turn to touch Ed! :P
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

Hoping to get closer to the stage this year at Brisbane. And if I see Ziggy in front row I'll be stealing her spot! It's MY turn to touch Ed! :P

No chance, bitch! I'll wave at you 10 rows back! :lol:
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    E.K wrote:

Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    E.K wrote:

I'll be crowd surfing over to shove you out of the way. ;)
    Post edited by EKluvsPJ on
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    E.K wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ziggyStar are u in facebook,?,in this post u are the only one i dont have in my friends,,give a request,,, :lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    E.K wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ziggyStar are u in facebook,?,in this post u are the only one i dont have in my friends,,give a request,,, :lol::lol:

Yes I am.....I'll send you a request now.
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ziggyStar are u in facebook,?,in this post u are the only one i dont have in my friends,,give a request,,, :lol::lol:[/quote]

Yes I am.....I'll send you a request now.[/quote]
    i did it for u.. :D
  • Options
    brio33800brio33800 Posts: 77
    Well i'm from France and it's always been a dream to come to Australie....especially as i'm a big tennis fan as well....so being able to get onto the Rod Laver Arena to attend a Pearl Jam show...Whaou!!!!