Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Fuck....strokes can do some major damage. Hope you pull through Gordie
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Damn. One of the best
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    He hasn't been well for a while ... he suffers from dementia and according to one of his sons he had a bad summer health wise with some mini strokes that likely lead to a bigger one. Sad indeed.

I had the pleasure of meeting him twice, once at a red wing game and another at autograph signing session.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I met him in the halls of The Joe several years ago. He was a very nice person to meet.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,098
    My mom was very sad to hear this last night... They played a game together at an Alzheimer's charity event in Toronto a few years ago and for her, that was a dream come true - if I recall, he even posed for her, giving her a fake 'elbow to the face'.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    benjs said:

My mom was very sad to hear this last night... They played a game together at an Alzheimer's charity event in Toronto a few years ago and for her, that was a dream come true - if I recall, he even posed for her, giving her a fake 'elbow to the face'.

That's cool Ben. Would've been sick to meet the man.