Options

Jian Ghomeshi fired from CBC / apparent sex scandal

2»

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    evsgjamm said:

The list of people he's had amazing interviews with are astounding.

Deadmau 5
    Jon Stewart
    Leonard Cohen
    Julian Assange
    Boy George
    Jason Schwartzman
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Tim Minchin
    William H. Macy
    Barbara Streisand
    Barbara Walters
    Bill Hader

He's done live shows in Portland, L.A., (all across Canada of course) and was just beginning to broaden his horizons even more-so in the U.S. as his show "Q" gained popularity.

His support for great music, his compelling, thought-provoking, inspiring and dare-I-say "innovative" interviews, his passion for Canada and the CBC, his passion for the voice of the people, the power of the people and the stories that people tell, are what draw his audiences from around the globe.

It's really unfortunate that all this bullshit is happening. Lucy from Trailer Park Boys is claiming he choked and slapped her.

Here's another account of one of the women:

Woman :And then once we started up, once we started talking dirty to each other about it, he might text something like, “I want to choke you and spank you and slap you,” and I would be like, “And I want you to do all those things to me! Oh, my god, do all those things to me! Slapping or BDSM type stuff never happened out in the world, not in cabs or elevators. The plan was I was coming to a hotel, we were going to have sex, then we would go have dinner. So he would grab me right when I came in, and he would start, and we would start up our regular sexy banter. But that was what I wanted.

Interviewer: He was never aggressive or violent outside of sex and the sex play that you enjoyed and consented to?

Woman: Correct.

Interviewer: Have you heard from friends who knew about your relationship?

Woman: A couple of them have called—or they’ve texted. Not so much friends, just acquaintances who heard about it. It’s been very upsetting. I got text messages from people I barely know asking, “Hey, were you raped?” Is that a fucking text message you send to someone? Do you send that to anyone ever? At first I didn’t know what they were texting me about. I hadn’t heard the news or seen Jian’s piece about what was happening.
    Did he ever slap or punch you?
    Slap, yes, but no punching at all. It was consensual. There would be marks, a little bit, but they would be gone in less than an hour. No bruising or anything.
    Was he ever verbally abusive?
    No. He called me “slut” but never outside of the sex scene stuff. He would’ve stopped if I didn’t like it, like he stopped saying that “destroy you” thing.

Interviewer: When did your relationship end? Who ended it?

Woman: It was never really going to be a “thing,” so it faded in and out. I last had sex with him in March. We’re like basically friends with benefits. It got less intense—we started out talking every day for a while, but that stopped maybe in January of 2013. It started in October of 2012. We kept in contact, but it got less intense.

Interviewer: Was he seeing other women during that time?

Woman: I didn’t know it, but I would’ve assumed it. I was seeing other people.

However, I think he's going to get the shit kicked out him with the word of the law. The women who say he engaged in choking and slapping are going to get the best of him. He's going to get screwed over, but he's going to bounce back and will be back on the airwaves, telling his stories first, then he'll get a show and will have his die-hard audience back. Maybe he'll ease off the rough sex for the rest of his life.

I'm currently on Jian's side and I think he's being manipulated.

Source?

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    someone should interview Big Ears Teddy as a witness.
    I am sure he has seen heard it all

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    edited October 2014
    It all comes down to whether or not the women accusing him are liars or not. Trying to benefit in some way. Or honestly victims. Just because one woman said it was all consensual, it doesn't mean that's how it was for everyone. On the other hand, since it sounds like this guy banged a new person every other night or something, if only 9 out of, say, 500 women have come forward to accuse him of something, then perhaps they are the 9 gold diggers who think they can sue, or are bitter and are seeking revenge, or some shit like that. Who knows? Only them and Jian.
    As for the CBC... there are accusations of inappropriate behaviour at work. Legal or not legal, if he was getting sexual with people in the office in any way, then he should be fired.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    PJ_Soul said:

It all comes down to whether or not the women accusing him are liars or not. Trying to benefit in some way. Or honestly victims. Just because one woman said it was all consensual, it doesn't mean that's how it was for everyone. On the other hand, since it sounds like this guy banged a new person every other night or something, if only 9 out of, say, 500 women have come forward to accuse him of something, then perhaps they are the 9 gold diggers who think they can sue, or are bitter and are seeking revenge, or some shit like that. Who knows? Only them and Jian.
    As for the CBC... there are accusations of inappropriate behaviour at work. Legal or not legal, if he was getting sexual with people in the office in any way, then he should be fired.

For me the red flag is that Jian was fired by the 'damage control' company Navigator. I would assume a company whose purpose is to manage high-profile crises would be asking him for EVERY single detail about his life prior to taking him on as a client. The fact that he's been let go as a client suggests to me that there were facts obfuscated or omitted.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    A lawyer firm just came forward and released a statement saying that any of the people that have come forward with a complaint against this guy will receive their services for free, so they have the exact same representation as he will have, to level the playing field.

Wow!

http://m.torontosun.com/2014/11/06/lawyers-offering-free-legal-assistance-to-jian-ghomeshi-complainants
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    Wow, that is some generous self-interest! :-bd
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,856
    his interview of Billy Bob Thornton and his band is stuff of legend.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I wonder why sooooooooooooo many women who get smacked around whether by Jian or by their loving boyfriend/husband or just on a date, never, ever, go to the police and file a report or just leave the relationship. Blows my male mind!!!

And I do find the excuses rather amusing and lame all at the same time.

I was of the same mind.....then I read this.......

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/sandy-garossino/jian-ghomeshi-women-report-sex-assault_b_6059124.html

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I wonder why sooooooooooooo many women who get smacked around whether by Jian or by their loving boyfriend/husband or just on a date, never, ever, go to the police and file a report or just leave the relationship. Blows my male mind!!!

And I do find the excuses rather amusing and lame all at the same time.

I was of the same mind.....then I read this.......

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/sandy-garossino/jian-ghomeshi-women-report-sex-assault_b_6059124.html

Brutal what these women have to go through.

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Jian Ghomeshi found not guilty on all charges as judge acquits him of sexual assault, choking
    http://news.nationalpost.com/toronto/jian-ghomeshi-ruling
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    The accusers were terrible witnesses.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I didn't follow the trial.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    dignin said:

their case may have been helped if they didn't fucking lie about contact post-alleged-assault. that was just ridiculously stupid. if you are going to put yourself out there like that, make sure you are telling the truth. in this digital age, nothing remains hidden.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

dignin said:

their case may have been helped if they didn't fucking lie about contact post-alleged-assault. that was just ridiculously stupid. if you are going to put yourself out there like that, make sure you are telling the truth. in this digital age, nothing remains hidden.
    Agreed. I have little doubt that he is a sleazeball, but they fucked themselves over. It was a long time ago and I understand forgetting a lot of stuff, but they "forgot" some really serious information.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    dignin said:

Yeah, they really were. I guess Ghomeshi really knows how to pick 'em.
    I don't understand why the lawyers allowed those women to go up there and lie about having contact after the incidents when they had been out in public having photos taken and shit. Stupid. Made no sense.
    Also, this is not a good thing for the vicitms' rights cause at all.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,799
    lukin2006 said:

Jian Ghomeshi found not guilty on all charges as judge acquits him of sexual assault, choking
    http://news.nationalpost.com/toronto/jian-ghomeshi-ruling

Well that's too bad, hopefully memories aren't short and he doesn't get the chance to go back into public life.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,839
    Really the only verdict that could have been reached in this trial, given the state of the evidence and the witnesses.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    His lawyer was amazing... Ted Cruz should hire her.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2016
    This has an OJ feel to it but he has been proclaimed innocent.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on