Tailgating in Hartford?

derekl00derekl00 Posts: 3
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I'm coming from Boston and am looking for a little info on what the tailgating scene is like at the New England Dodge Music Arena. I've heard they are not as tailgate friendly as say the Tweeter Center especially when it comes to booze. Can anyone give me a rundown of what to expect?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mandylizmandyliz Posts: 2
    We are coming from Boston too!
    Sweet!
  • derekl00derekl00 Posts: 3
    Mandyliz, I may have an extra fan club if you or anybody you know needs one. They would have to sit with me or one of my 2 dorky friends, but they would be in. Let me know what you find out about tailgating.
  • rollajohnrollajohn Posts: 6
    Theye were some earlier posts about tailgating but here's the rundown of what I've seen there. For some shows the cops literally force you to go into show when doors open in the official lots. To avoid this you can park in a private lot which are located right near the venue. They cost $20 but cops can't hassle you and it's a good party scene. Some local business close down just to park cars. I usually park in this lot right near a jiffy lube across from the mercedes delaership. If you do park in the arena lots use cups and realize it might be a a pain. good luck
    "Wilbon loves being Michael Wilbon. I hate being Tony Kornheiser" - 02/08/2006
  • CTMAN07CTMAN07 Posts: 12
    As long as people don't act like idiots, everything should be fine!
    10/2/96, 9/13/98, 8/29/00, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 5/4/06 Ed Sullivan Theater, 5/13/06, 6/27/08
  • Hey, is there a certain window of time when we have to pick up our 10C tickets? Or can I just show up at 8:30 or so, pick up my tickets and go into the show?

I am asking because I am afraid I won't be able to get there until then...
  • NitroNitro Posts: 265
    I'm heading from Boston too...

I'm planning on tailgating as well. if it means paying extra to be able to hang out, i'm willing.