Options

Last Kiss

jaygreen12jaygreen12 Posts: 166
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Why does everybody hate Last Kiss live? I think it is a great song.
6/03/06-East Rutherford II

The One and Only
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DE JammerDE Jammer Posts: 26
    Maybe just tired of hearing it on the radio?
    Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. -Robert Orben
  • Options
    BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    All the Last Kiss haters on this board - and I know they are legion - need to check out the SF 2 bootleg.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Options
    DE JammerDE Jammer Posts: 26
    Not a hater of the song, but I think some do get tired of hearing it. My husband and I dance to it at the concerts, but it isn't my favorite.
    Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. -Robert Orben
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    I always thought it was a good cover, nothing special, but I really loved the version Ed did as the preset in Ottawa. havent been able to find a recording of it though
  • Options
    i think the reason why i hate last kiss is because all the casual fans all say, "oh i love pearl jam, last kiss is my favorite" and it makes me kindof mad because its not their song, its a cover...
    another reason is that last kiss (at least before this album, now im not so sure) was their highest rated single if im not mistaken...that just irritates me because i know about 90% of their catalogue is better than that song
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,420
    I adore "Last Kiss"....its a great sing-along in concert.....it deals with tragedy, yet is is a spunky song.

Seems like people don't like it because so many other casual fans do like it.......just another elitist pose!
  • Options
    Because it's a lousy song that should have been played one time, released as a fan club single, and then discarded. There are at least a dozen other songs that they should be playing instead.
  • Options
    Gators76Gators76 Posts: 160
    Hey, I was sitting right there in SD when ED climed the ladder and performed it well. Infact, I thought it was the best I had ever heard that song live. But you know what? It still fucking sucks!!
    Toledo 96, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Vegas 06,
    San Diego 06.....Do I want some more? I said FUCK YEAH!!!!
  • Options
    The reason I hate "Last Kiss" is I hate the entire genre of 50's teen death songs. I know they were/are very popular but I just don't like them and having Eddie Vedder sing them doesn't make me like them anymore.

I had kind of hoped if I heard it live it would make me like it more, but he sang it night one in LA, and I tried but failed to gain a love of the song.

And I think because I dislike the song, it bums me out when they play it because I think "why not play one of the other songs that I am dying to hear?!"
    LA 7.9.06 & 7.10.06 = all it took to get me hooked!
  • Options
    pjamdude69pjamdude69 Posts: 174
    Gators76 wrote:
    Hey, I was sitting right there in SD when ED climed the ladder and performed it well. Infact, I thought it was the best I had ever heard that song live. But you know what? It still fucking sucks!!

That about sums it up right there.. I've got the SD boot and that is the only song that blemishes it in any way. If they play it at the Gorge, it'll be time for a piss break, regardless if I have to go or not.. Matter of fact, I've deleted it from my iTunes catalog on my home computer so it accidentally doesn't come up when I've got it on shuffle... Not a horrible song, but one I could definitely do without.. Ahh, fuck it, it goddamn sucks.. Almost rather listen to Bugs or StupidMop than Last Kiss..
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    I will be honest I do not mind the song...but my opinion is it is a momentum killer....but then again thats just my take on it....
  • Options
    I don't mind the song, but hearing it live on the bootlegs just isn't that good...Ed's voice sounds weak and the music isn't that tight either.
  • Options
    ramborambo Posts: 170
    ok song, awsome in st.john's tho when eddie climbed the ladder while singin it
    st. john's newfoundland, sept 24/2005
    st. john's newfoundland, sept. 25/2005
  • Options
    I like clapping to it but other than that, it kills any set
    10/31/99, 10/27/00, 06/01/03, 10/25/03, 07/07/06, 07/09/06, 07/15/06

Even Flow PSYCHO member #0020!!
    myspace.com/takingpunches