Options

Tom Petty Message Board

grandr0yalgrandr0yal Posts: 67
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Its pretty weak, nothing like the MP.. As i expected but i thought it would be cool to check it out and see reactions of petty fans. To my suprise i had a tough time finding posts, heres some quotes from st pauls concert.

"I could have done without Pearl Jam, but I've never been a fan of Eddie Vedder or Pearl Jam. Petty's half of the show was very good though. I'm already counting down to the show in Sturgis."

"It was my fifth time seeing TP & the Heartbreakers in St. Paul on Tuesday and they were just as good the fifth time as they were the first. Would have much rather seen the TP/Allman Bros. bill as I'm also not a huge Pearl Jam fan. It was too bad Eddie Vedder's mich wasn't working during "The Waiting" - really kind of ruined one of the best songs but Cheers to Tom and the Heartbreakers for another outstanding show! Smile"

To response of set list comming in...

"Keep it coming! I'm hoping to get an idea of the set I'll see in Denver this weekend! Hopefully more Petty than Pearl Jam, but a heavy dose of both would be sweet and definitely money well spent!"

"Sounds like a great show! Hey, SD, were you at the
show tonight?
Just wondering about other details such as the set, what the guys were wearing, etc. Inquiring minds.... Smile
P.S. Wait, I just noticed - Eddie came out and performed American Girl with the guys?? WOW!!!"

"^ Hope we'll get Eddie doing American Girl in Denver!! (oh, didn't mean that exactly how it sounded,
but you get my meaning.....)

~ keep on rockin' in the free world ~ "

I couldnt find to much on there, some of those are interesting though.. They are just like us, from the favoring the petty perspective though :)
06/23/2006 - Best night of my life.
See yins in pittsburgh 2007
Rock on steelers!

www.myspace.com/nickpc