Options

OFFI-cal #DirtyFranking all the way to bad brains attendees LIST

2»

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    lolobugg said:

sign me up +1. i can bring a bootleg of "flipper" and my +1 will be there to cut to the front of line when the mercy truck opens but only to "take photos" of the poster and sticker.

BB, approve this guy!!!
    and yeah it is the "Mercy" truck as all the merch is not approved by the band.
    we will have HALTS MAUL posters and variants available.
    Ok Logan, I'm taking your word on this guy! He's in
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    badbrains said:

If love to come, you've been cracking me up. Maybe once I get there I can find out what the fuck Haults Maul is....I took too long a break and missed something :))

Empty, it wouldn't be a party without ya! You're in!
    Thanks, Haults Maul bro!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

badbrains said:

If love to come, you've been cracking me up. Maybe once I get there I can find out what the fuck Haults Maul is....I took too long a break and missed something :))

Empty, it wouldn't be a party without ya! You're in!
    Thanks, Haults Maul bro!
    Anytime Empty! Thanks for committing to the party!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,627
    I would like to come and as a gift to my Pearl Jam friends I would bring a game for us to play while getting inebriated in our preferred fashion.

This basis for the game would be a listing of request threads posted over the last 2 years.

This would be broken down by category and the (2) best requests (and by best, I mean most laughable) for each category would be listed for discussion by all. [Serious requests for sad/real issues would have their own category and not be included in this fun exercise.]

As the creator of the game, I would be the arbiter of the original categories and top threads in those categories but from that point forward I envision setting up a simple voting system so that all participants might pick their favorites.

For example:

Cat #1:
    "My Kid's First Show"
    Option #1, Cat #1: Maybe there is a thread talking about how someone is dying to bring their 2 year old into the pit to experience their first show (Ed, could you toss a little bastard a tambourine please?)

Option #2, Cat #1: Maybe there is a thread talking about how a fan is concerned that their 57 day old baby might be too young for an EV solo show. (Ed, could you put a cradle next to your tape recorder on stage? Maybe sing 'Can't Keep' in a lullaby fashion so that Little Johnny Poopstick can go to sleep whilst Mommy and Daddy enjoy themselves?)

The vote:
    Put up a board with a sampling of each thread on 1 side of the board. Have a pile of stickers of a donkey at the base of the board and each voter can put a jackass sticker next to what they think is the better (funniest/most ridiculous) request thread for that category.

The award:
    Perhaps the winner's thread gets awarded a personalized "Golden Chalice of Afterbirth" congratulating them on their most ridiculous and f'd up request as decided by a bunch of smoked out fools/fellow PJ fans.
    (Of course to fill the personalized chalices we would need to start some request threads asking for any fans about to give birth to donate to our prize pool.)

Too ridiculous?
    (Not as ridiculous as many of the request threads here to the band.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

sign me up +1. i can bring a bootleg of "flipper" and my +1 will be there to cut to the front of line when the mercy truck opens but only to "take photos" of the poster and sticker.

BB, approve this guy!!!
    I think he just has a hard time expressing himself online
    :))
    we just have to keep him high

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

I would like to come and as a gift to my Pearl Jam friends I would bring a game for us to play while getting inebriated in our preferred fashion.

This basis for the game would be a listing of request threads posted over the last 2 years.

This would be broken down by category and the (2) best requests (and by best, I mean most laughable) for each category would be listed for discussion by all. [Serious requests for sad/real issues would have their own category and not be included in this fun exercise.]

As the creator of the game, I would be the arbiter of the original categories and top threads in those categories but from that point forward I envision setting up a simple voting system so that all participants might pick their favorites.

For example:

Cat #1:
    "My Kid's First Show"
    Option #1, Cat #1: Maybe there is a thread talking about how someone is dying to bring their 2 year old into the pit to experience their first show (Ed, could you toss a little bastard a tambourine please?)

Option #2, Cat #1: Maybe there is a thread talking about how a fan is concerned that their 57 day old baby might be too young for an EV solo show. (Ed, could you put a cradle next to your tape recorder on stage? Maybe sing 'Can't Keep' in a lullaby fashion so that Little Johnny Poopstick can go to sleep whilst Mommy and Daddy enjoy themselves?)

The vote:
    Put up a board with a sampling of each thread on 1 side of the board. Have a pile of stickers of a donkey at the base of the board and each voter can put a jackass sticker next to what they think is the better (funniest/most ridiculous) request thread for that category.

The award:
    Perhaps the winner's thread gets awarded a personalized "Golden Chalice of Afterbirth" congratulating them on their most ridiculous and f'd up request as decided by a bunch of smoked out fools/fellow PJ fans.
    (Of course to fill the personalized chalices we would need to start some request threads asking for any fans about to give birth to donate to our prize pool.)

Too ridiculous?

F, I'm putting you on the list cuz you wrote some long ass thing that confused the shit out me and I'm sure a lot of our fellow members. But you DEF have to come so you're in!
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    If Eddie comes, I'll bring some Eddie Vedder Stew as well.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,627
    badbrains said:

For example:

Cat #1:
    "My Kid's First Show"

The vote:

The award:

Too ridiculous?

F, I'm putting you on the list cuz you wrote some long ass thing that confused the shit out me and I'm sure a lot of our fellow members. But you DEF have to come so you're in!
    LOL, sorry you didnt get my game, must not have explained it well enough. I thank you for the invitation!
  • Options
    badbrains said:

For example:

Cat #1:
    "My Kid's First Show"

The vote:

The award:

Too ridiculous?

That is a nice Chalice, though.
    we could auction that to pay for Stefan's airfare to the party (shipping)

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

BB, approve this guy!!!
    With this bunch of degenerates, that WONT be a problem! And anyone who wants to get added, Logan has the power to say yes/no to.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

BB, approve this guy!!!
    With this bunch of degenerates, that WONT be a problem! And anyone who wants to get added, Logan has the power to say yes/no to.
    oh shit. I confused him with Yakizuma
    yeah handreads is cool.....
    Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

Eddie Vedder stew? Is that like drinking wine in church as it's supposed to be the blood of Jesus, and eating saltines as if it's Jesus's body? I'm Muslim so you have to please forgive my ignorance when it comes to church! =))
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Eddie Vedder stew? Is that like drinking wine in church as it's supposed to be the blood of Jesus, and eating saltines as if it's Jesus's body? I'm Muslim so you have to please forgive my ignorance when it comes to church! =))
    =)) I got the recipe from a book called food is good...it has recipes from "rockers"...some band..can't remember who made this once when Ed was there. Apparently, he comsumed many bowls...thus it was dubbed Eddie Vedder Stew. It's a vegan dish, so we may need to add some "meat" to satisfy the hungry #dirtyfrankers.....
  • Options

badbrains said:

=)) I got the recipe from a book called food is good...it has recipes from "rockers"...some band..can't remember who made this once when Ed was there. Apparently, he comsumed many bowls...thus it was dubbed Eddie Vedder Stew. It's a vegan dish, so we may need to add some "meat" to satisfy the hungry #dirtyfrankers.....
    =)) well, we are gonna have a goat in attendance! Can we sub goat meat for tofu? =))
  • Options
    mmm, goat stew. Cures the munchies every time.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

=)) well, we are gonna have a goat in attendance! Can we sub goat meat for tofu? =))
    Well it's not a party until there's an animal sacrifice, right?
  • Options

mmm, goat stew. Cures the munchies every time.

I'll have some chips and salsa for the vegans! Oh and maybe some mustard for DS!
This discussion has been closed.