Options

*** Official Detroit Meeting Minutes ***

kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
For background, please see: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/196704/official-pj-forum-meeting-minutes/p1

Official meeting minutes for the Knights of the PJ Roundtable -- Detroit

Pre-meeting notes: Held at various locations throughout Detroit, including Hockeytown, Cobo Joe's and Sweetwater on Oct. 16-17. Secretary of Record reports having no pen or paper, but assures all in attendance of his great attention to detail and his sharp memory. The Good Delegate from Mustachia afroannnie laughs.

Pre-show (Hockeytown): Lack of a quorum present, but does not deter one individual (identity never discovered) from declaring “Let's get this started, b*tches!” Motion carries.

Meeting got off to a bumpy start, considering the (approximate) 55 mile walk to meeting location. Blame placed solely on Chief Security Officer I'm a Truck.
Motion made to bar Chief Security Officer from ever again picking meeting location. Seconded.
“What? Hockey's cool, guys,” Chief Security Officer says while gazing wistfully at all present. All other arguments vanish in his majestic eyes. Motion fails.

faceintheclouds, the Good Delegate from Across the Border, moves to recognize a non-PJ Kinght individual he just met the bathroom as the “most generous, awesome man ever.” When pressed for more details, faceintheclouds demurs, asking those present to “just be cool, eh?” Motion carries.

Motion made requesting Good Delegate from the Temple of the Cat Leezestarr313 to provide German lessons, including the German word of the day. Motion carries. First word: Correct pronunciation of “haults maul.”

The Fixer Story is shared with all gathered. Good Delegate from Cheddarlandia Jenni begins to laugh uncontrollably, proceeds to order more shots, and disappears to the facility's basement to “play some pinball.” It is assumed that means something dirty.
Chief Primate Expert Mamasan23 – horrified beyond recognition by The Fixer Story – proceeds to drink all aforementioned shots herself.
“I liked that song. Now it'll never be the same ...” she is heard muttering.

Meeting adjourned until post-show.

Post show (Cobo Joe's and Sweetwater): Quorum present. “Time to get drunk!” Secretary of Record declares. Accuracy of notes no longer ensured.

Mysterious bearded individual in an ugly hat sits down. No one seems to recognize him and he is ignored.

Motion introduced to recognize Chief Mechanic and Home Builder Czar Cavstarr313 – captured on the video screen rocking out – as the most hardcore rocker in the entire group. Chairman swoons over Cavstarr313's long luxurious locks, and tables motion until Cavstarr313 is present.
Ugly Hat Man comments: “That was pretty awesome. Great song, man.” Ugly Hat Man is ignored.

Motion made to declare the Good Delegate from Mustachia Heisenberg a Wizard, based on his ability to force the band to play Black, Red and Yellow. Seconded. During debate, it was revealed the Good Delegate from Mustachia possesses banishment abilities. Fearing for their very souls, quorum passes motion.

Ugly Hat Man temporarily removes hat to reveal himself to be the Chief Mechanic and Home Builder Czar. The hat was necessary, Cavstarr313 asserts, to remain incognito and avoid the clamoring females seeking a piece of “the one who rocks hardest.” Motion raised to declare him a true hardcore rocker carries.

Allegations surface that the Chairman of the Board may have had an inappropriate relationship with a foreign national (who has an alleged history of drug dealing) during part of the preceding show. Chairman does not deny the allegations, but insists she did not instigate the advances. Chairman fails to respond as to whether said advancements were welcomed.

Before any impeachment voting can begin, anarchy erupts when [NAME REDACTED – male Delegate from Midget Limbo] begins making out with [NAME REDACTED – Chief Security Officer]. Shortly afterward, [NAME REDACTED – OFFICE REDACTED] takes off his shirt and [NAME REDACTED – Male Delegate from Midget Limbo] begins licking mustard off the [BODY PART REDACTED] of [NAME REDACTED – OFFICE REDACTED].
“Talk about 'shock and awe',” a female Delegate from Mustachia comments.
“I thought he was a ketchup man?” Chairman asks.

In the ensuing chaos, one unknown Knight of the PJ Roundtable uses the opportunity to adjourn the meeting and move it to Sweetwater. In the rambling walk that followed, it was discovered the unknown knight was actually I'm a Truck. Motion made in the middle of a downtown Detroit street to bar I'm a Truck from ever leading a group of people to a new location is made.
“Come on guys. This place has good ribs,” I'm a Truck says, capturing all present in Truck's undeniable glorious glow. Motion fails.

Grave concerns were expressed after learning Probationary Delegates from Midwestia hgpjam11 and Julie were recently detained in Ontario. Chairman of the Board unlost dogs shares these concerns, and urges all Knights of the PJ Roundtable to exercise caution around them, especially hgpjam11.
“Clearly you are the type of person that says to me 'I have a hand grenade in my [REDACTED - FEMALE ANATOMY] and I'm not afraid to pull the pin',” chairman says.
Probationary Delegates' probationary status continues.

Ribs begin to be consumed. They are glorious.

Several calls were made to delegates not in attendance. Most conversations featured profanity. On speaker phone, Speedy McCready – the Minister of Hugs and Good Times – is contacted and repeatedly told what a $hit show he missed.
“F*ck you all. I'm trying to sleep,” he says before laughing and hanging up.
A call is placed to 81 – the Good Delegate from MiddleFingerLandia – but the call is not answered. Using this opportunity, one member of the delegation – whose identity is lost to history – records a lullaby for 81 about vikings. It deserves a Grammy.
afroannnie repeatedly requests the Good Delegate from MiddleFingerLandia answer the phone, confusing how voice mail works with how an answering machine works. More drinking ensues.

hgpjam11 introduces a motion to temporarily adjourn the meeting and reconvene at a Canadian strip club accepting amateur performers.
“I have a bunch of singles, and no experience is necessary,” the Probationary Delegate from Midwestia says.
For reasons still not understood by the Secretary of Record, this motion did not receive a second. More drinking ensues.

Motions were raised to pillage and burn the city of Detroit, with at least one member saying, “It'd be an improvement, anyway.”
Other members note the city has an extraordinary severe penalty system, one that includes upwards of $1,500 in fines and imprisonment for 15 years of sharks. Questions arise as to whether or not sharks exist in Lake Erie or Lake St. Claire, or if Detroit simply imports the sharks from off the shores of exotic locations, like New Jersey.
The distinction is moot, however, as none present have the sufficient $1,500 to cover any fines. Motion is tabled.

Formal resolution introduced to force Heisenberg and unlost dogs to attend upcoming Moline show. Furious debate ensues.
“I have a responsibility to ensure the safe return of my fellow Ohioans, from whom Detroit was their very first show,” the Good Wizard and Delegate from Mustachia says.
“Nothing exciting will happen in Moline anyway,” Chairman of the Board says.
Amidst the threat of impeachment and various abduction plans, the measure is vetoed.
Addendum: Shortly after the Moline show concludes, it was reported the Chairman began drinking copious amounts of wine, while the Good Wizard and Delegate from Mustachia was heard uttering “F*cking newbies.”

Meeting formally adjourned.

Please leave any amendments to these minutes in the replies below.
"Where's KW?"
"Let's check Idaho."

Comments

• Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    =)) =)) =D> =D> =D> =D>
    Brilliant!!!

"Chief Primate Expert Mamasan23"...Lol...Sorry Mamasan...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    I question the accuracy of these minutes. The secretary failed to attend the post-post-post party in the Doubletree Suites by Hilton, Room 614. And I did not drink wine, I drank beer.

Also, the foreign national yelled something during "Black" and I had no idea what he said, but I smiled and nodded as I attempted to continue placid relations between our homelands. At that point he leaned in to attempt to give me a big smack on the lips but we greater Bostonians have fast reflexes and his lips met my hand pretty quickly. And possibly a touch violently.

Hey, I ride the T. I can fend off a Columbian. Even a cute one who knows all the lyrics.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    =)) Genius. Thank you for the morning laugh.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Mustard Dave? Mustard? Come on man, maybe we should change your name to mustard Dave. Lol
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Mustard Dave? Mustard? Come on man, maybe we should change your name to mustard Dave. Lol

And there was Ketchup right next to the mustard..no excuse...unless it wasn't Heinz....
  • Options
    edited October 2014

badbrains said:

And there was Ketchup right next to the mustard..no excuse...unless it wasn't Heinz....
    I should've just called Dave about said meeting. He hit me up while pissing in the bathroom during even flow. And of course I convinced him to try to grab me a Detroit jersey. I'll give the half pint credit, he tried. Then I get the bad news that there's only size S left. My fat ass can't fit in a L let alone a S. But this mustard things got me all fucked up. What's going on with the world? Ketchup next to mustard and Dave takes MUSTARD? Fuck, next thing you're gonna tell me is the sun rises in the west and sets in the east? =))
  • Options
    Oh and I was trying to find tickets for imatruck, so I ask him to give me his cell number in case I find him a ticket. He gives me his number AFTER the show! =)) =)) =)) then be proceeds to tell me he hates his job! =))
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited October 2014
    imageimageimage
    I want to add to protocol that there was word of contraband from across the border, being brought into the country by another Good Delegate from Across the border, Suzi, in the form of a poisonous looking beverage named CLAMATO juice, hollow chocolate eggs filled with hazardous objects for small children, and tons of foreign cold germs (so far, none of them have caught on, American germ control is strong!). One Chairman of this board has been seen aiding in the smuggle activitiesimage

Also, Chief Security Officer I'm A Truck, the Delegate from Cheeselandia Jenni and Show Expert Delegate Bill, who never let the cat out, have been seen celebrating a secret pre-pre-show party in the suburbs of Detroit, which rendered at least one member of the party, who shall not be named, so shattered the next morning that alcoholic beverages were the last thing the delegate wanted to consume...

WE NEED MORE TOUR! I miss all you guys so much!
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    Did someone say clamato juice?!?! Add to some Mexican beer and bang, you now have a cocktail! High school daze in so-cal, man I miss the 90's!
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909

At that point he leaned in to attempt to give me a big smack on the lips but we greater Bostonians have fast reflexes and his lips met my hand pretty quickly. And possibly a touch violently.

Was the makeout session anything like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSgQpavYi0M
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    sounds like some crazy, crazy shit went down in D-Town.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

And we weren't there! Fuck!
  • Options
    badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

I know it. next tour we have to all get together
    but this sounds like some of the adventures I had stumbling across the bridge back into Kentucky after the cinci show. just without the mustard involved. :))

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

but this sounds like some of the adventures I had stumbling across the bridge back into Kentucky after the cinci show. just without the mustard involved. :))
    Oh shit, that fucken bridge in cincy! We missed the turn and ended up in Kentucky, and you know what, there's no BLUE grass in Kentucky. You fucken wildcats are a bunch of liars. Thank god I was there for a pearl jam show and not sight seeing for blue grass! #:-S
  • Options
    badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

Oh shit, that fucken bridge in cincy! We missed the turn and ended up in Kentucky, and you know what, there's no BLUE grass in Kentucky. You fucken wildcats are a bunch of liars. Thank god I was there for a pearl jam show and not sight seeing for blue grass! #:-S
    and there was one bar open after the show!!!!
    30 minute wait for a drink.....
    we stumbled around trying to find somewhere to hang.
    everything was closed.
    we prob looked like the walking dead

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

and there was one bar open after the show!!!!
    30 minute wait for a drink.....
    we stumbled around trying to find somewhere to hang.
    everything was closed.
    we prob looked like the walking dead
    Cincy looked like a place where they should tape the walking dead. Strange little city.
  • Options

imageimageimage
    I want to add to protocol that there was word of contraband from across the border, being brought into the country by another Good Delegate from Across the border, Suzi, in the form of a poisonous looking beverage named CLAMATO juice, hollow chocolate eggs filled with hazardous objects for small children, and tons of foreign cold germs (so far, none of them have caught on, American germ control is strong!). One Chairman of this board has been seen aiding in the smuggle activitiesimage

Also, due to another secret meeting before the actual meeting in Detroit, Chief Security Officer I'm A Truck, the Delegate from Cheeselandia Jenni and Show Expert Delegate Bill, who never let the cat out, have been seen celebrating a secret pre-pre-show party in the suburbs of Detroit, which rendered at least one member of the party, who shall not be named, so shattered the next morning that alcoholic beverages were the last thing the delegate wanted to consume...

WE NEED MORE TOUR! I miss all you guys so much!

Those kinder toys are dangerous...I almost choked on a little pony.
  • Options
    Ok ok ok, I must of read the OP wrong cuz Dave just clarified something to me. He said he wouldn't "wast" ketchup on a MANS nipple! Oh man Dave! Wtf!!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) His excuse? "I was SLIGHTLY inebriated"

Dave, I SWEAR this place NEEDS and WANTS u BACK! =)) =)) =))
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Ok ok ok, I must of read the OP wrong cuz Dave just clarified something to me. He said he wouldn't "wast" ketchup on a MANS nipple! Oh man Dave! Wtf!!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) His excuse? "I was SLIGHTLY inebriated"

Dave, I SWEAR this place NEEDS and WANTS u BACK! =)) =)) =))

+1
    comeback soon

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

You guys need to make it to our next official meeting. If PJ doesn't tour next year, we plan on picking a random location and hanging out.
  • Options

lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

You guys need to make it to our next official meeting. If PJ doesn't tour next year, we plan on picking a random location and hanging out.
    And then we can fill you in on the Fixer story... :P
  • Options

lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

I'm down and I know LoLo is too. You guys come up north east, I got a place to hang. And the city isn't far from my house! #DirtyFranking all the way to bad brains house, someone pick up 81 and his ball and chain on the way!

And Stefan, your airline tix will be EMAILED to you cuz it's FREE and not $414 shipping!
  • Options
    badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

I'm down and I know LoLo is too. You guys come up north east, I got a place to hang. And the city isn't far from my house! #DirtyFranking all the way to bad brains house, someone pick up 81 and his ball and chain on the way!

And Stefan, your airline tix will be EMAILED to you cuz it's FREE and not $414 shipping!
    =))

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

I'll DEFINITELY be there for this one...
    Let's have it at Heisenberg's house,
    he won't care if we TRASH the place!!! :D
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm Down!!!!
    just give me some notice and I am there!!!
    and hopefully we can have PJ for the entertainment portion.. [-O<

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    edited October 2014
    lolobugg said:

I'm Down!!!!

Ok so far we got 2 locations we can have this at. Even tho DD pretty much spoke for Heisenberg's place, I'm sure it'll be ok. I'm in the north east, have NO clue where Heisenberg is (sounds German hahaha) which would make getting Stefan there easier! I know Dave (DS) isn't far from me and LoLo is about 14 hrs drive so someone will have to pick him up in their Gulf Stream, Possibly 81since he's got the loot. We know imatruck can swing by in his truck but that shits a long ass drive and I don't know if LoLo even has a CDL license for co piloting. The rest of you, take a boat, plane or automobile and make your way to the great north east. I'll talk to Ed and Mikee and see if they can swing by and do some acoustic shit for us. We can "builtde" a fire and watch Dave (DS) get SLIGHTLY inebriated and god knows what else! What "special" day shall we chose? Pick a day and let's make this happen!

Edit-someone pass on the news to peacefrompaul so he can drive DS there so he'll remember where he parked his car!
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

We're already in the Northeast...so that works for us..:D :D
  • Options

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

Hell's bells let's make this happen!!! We can all get together like a Xmas party at my house. How fucken cool would it be to have a Xmas gathering at a Muslims house? I'll cave in and get a tree for you all. We can even have Ed sing Xmas songs. The boot would be a #1 seller no doubt! And since I don't celebrate Xmas, you guys won't have to get me a gift! This shits getting better and better by the minute!
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

Hell's bells let's make this happen!!! We can all get together like a Xmas party at my house. How fucken cool would it be to have a Xmas gathering at a Muslims house? I'll cave in and get a tree for you all. We can even have Ed sing Xmas songs. The boot would be a #1 seller no doubt! And since I don't celebrate Xmas, you guys won't have to get me a gift! This shits getting better and better by the minute!
    Awesome!! I'll bring the cookies...and the Fixer Story of course!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

I'm Down!!!!

Ok so far we got 2 locations we can have this at. Even tho DD pretty much spoke for Heisenberg's place, I'm sure it'll be ok. I'm in the north east, have NO clue where Heisenberg is (sounds German hahaha) which would make getting Stefan there easier! I know Dave (DS) isn't far from me and LoLo is about 14 hrs drive so someone will have to pick him up in their Gulf Stream, Possibly 81since he's got the loot. We know imatruck can swing by in his truck but that shits a long ass drive and I don't know if LoLo even has a CDL license for co piloting. The rest of you, take a boat, plane or automobile and make your way to the great north east. I'll talk to Ed and Mikee and see if they can swing by and do some acoustic shit for us. We can "builtde" a fire and watch Dave (DS) get SLIGHTLY inebriated and god knows what else! What "special" day shall we chose? Pick a day and let's make this happen!

Edit-someone pass on the news to peacefrompaul so he can drive DS there so he'll remember where he parked his car!
    Heisenberg's home is in the BEAUTIFUL (and centrally located) metropolis of Columbus OH!!!
    I'd be up for another ROADTRIP to the Northeast if that works better for the group too!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170