Tonight I helped out other fans, and it felt great (Posters, Milwaukee)

Just wanted to share my experience from tonight, and why being a Pearl Jam fan is basically the best thing ever. Once we got to the Bradley Center the posters were sold out at the merch tent outside, no biggie. We were one of the first few people in the door tonight, and my buddy went to the merch stand with everyone else downstairs. I decided to head upstairs to see what was going on, once upstairs I realized that it was me, and eight people working the merch stand looking at me, I was the only one up there. I tried texting my buddy to let him know that I could grab the posters and he should head up.

Long story short, we ended up with three posters, not our intention. I decided that I would do the sensible thing, and find someone that couldn't get a poster, and let them buy it off me for the face value fee of $35. I found one guy in a green Seattle Supersonics hoodie, hooked him up, poster, and tube. That was my plan, I wanted to give another fan who missed out the opportunity to get a poster to have their faith restored in humanity a bit, and to not be super bummed about not snagging a poster so they could just enjoy the show.

So I hung around a bit before the show with my poster in hand,ready to rock out ridiculously to my favorite band on this planet, that's when an upset fellow Jammer caught my eye. She was unhappy about not getting a poster, and I could tell it meant something to her, so I decided to part with my other poster. Again, just face value, sure I could have probably made a decent profit online, but that's not what it's all about, it's about all of us getting together to enjoy our favorite band, and helping out each other when the opportunity presents itself. The gratitude she showed, and her pure happiness was more than enough for me.

I don't need anything for this, and I don't need recognition, I just wanted to post on here with the hopes that maybe the people that I helped out were on the forums, and we could keep in touch. I'm using my buddies account to post, but I'm George Cotugno, and you can just look me up on Facebook if you are the ones that I helped out, would love to keep in touch! The show tonight was great, as usual, but it was all that much better because I knew a couple of my fellow fans would go home with absolutely zero disappointment.

Goodnight, Pearl Jam fans.

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    Very cool of you, nice job!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Very cool! Hopefully those folks will see this and contact you.
    ELITIST FUK
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,805
    she posted the story on one of the PJ FB pages...can't find it now tho
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Very cool of you!! You actually helped out my amazing friend, Emily. She has been singing your praises on the PJ FB page! You're awesome!! :)
    AUSTIN: 9/16/1995
    THE WOODLANDS: 10/14/2000
    THE WOODLANDS: 4/6/2003
    NEW YORK: 6/24/2008
    NEW ORLEANS: 5/1/2010
    EAST TROY: 9/3/2011 & 9/4/2011
    PENSACOLA: 9/21/2012
    HOUSTON: 11/12/2012 (ev)
    DALLAS: 11/15/2013
    AUSTIN: 10/5/2014
    TULSA: 10/8/2014
    FT. LAUDERDALE: 4/8/2016
    MIAMI: 4/9/2016
    TAMPA: 4/11/2016
    JACKSONVILLE: 4/13/2016
    NEW ORLEANS: 4/23/2016
    BOSTON: 8/5/2016
  • That's awesome, it was my pleasure to help out. If you could post that FB link that would be great, would love to keep in touch! Hope you ladies had a blast last night, I know I did.
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,411
    Good story
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• I found Emily! Thanks everyone!
  • madseamadsea Posts: 141
    Awesome!

As I posted elsewhere, my wife and I got great 10C seats and we spend some time before the show walking around the stadium looking for someone who looked like they would really enjoy being in fan club seats.

We found a Dad/Daughter up in 419 and I explained that we had seen PJ last night in great seats and I once got "upgraded" at an EV show from last row to front row...so I wanted to do the same for someone else.

They were pretty hesitant, but I told them they could walk down to the seats with me and see them and if they didn't want the seats, no harm-no foul. The seats were 2nd row, Mike's side and as we kept getting closer and closer the look on the girl's face was priceless.

They saw the seats and said, "YES, are you SERIOUS!?!" I handed them my tickets and asked them for theirs. We swapped tickets, we shook hands, I took a picture of them on their phone for them and then we headed up to 419 to watch the show and left two new PJ fans with all the 10 Clubbers, where we knew they would be well taken care of.

Rarely have I felt better...as EV said during the concert, the fan base has adopted the band's philosophy of family and helping...glad I could do my part and glad you could do what you could.

Pearl Jam fans are (mostly) awesome people.
  • madsea said:

Awesome!

As I posted elsewhere, my wife and I got great 10C seats and we spend some time before the show walking around the stadium looking for someone who looked like they would really enjoy being in fan club seats.

We found a Dad/Daughter up in 419 and I explained that we had seen PJ last night in great seats and I once got "upgraded" at an EV show from last row to front row...so I wanted to do the same for someone else.

They were pretty hesitant, but I told them they could walk down to the seats with me and see them and if they didn't want the seats, no harm-no foul. The seats were 2nd row, Mike's side and as we kept getting closer and closer the look on the girl's face was priceless.

They saw the seats and said, "YES, are you SERIOUS!?!" I handed them my tickets and asked them for theirs. We swapped tickets, we shook hands, I took a picture of them on their phone for them and then we headed up to 419 to watch the show and left two new PJ fans with all the 10 Clubbers, where we knew they would be well taken care of.

Rarely have I felt better...as EV said during the concert, the fan base has adopted the band's philosophy of family and helping...glad I could do my part and glad you could do what you could.

Pearl Jam fans are (mostly) awesome people.

I was just going to post on your thread, I saw your post earlier. Just awesome, I'm pretty proud to be a member of this group of people. Well done!!
  • Thumbs up! Thats awesome!

I'm still pissed about the Pittsburgh 13 show watching some asshole literally carrying more tubes than I could count fast enough as he was walking away.

The guy had so many he could barely carry them all X(
  • HoosiersHoosiers Posts: 189
    Awesome! Really wish someone would have done that for me in Moline. Still super bummed I didn't get a poster there (the only show of my last 14 I don't have). I was upstairs waiting in line and they sold out about five people in front of me.

(Most) PJ fans are great, I learned that in my experience at Wrigley and the whole aftermath of gratitude I received then. I have tried to do my part since by giving away a Wrigley "monster" poster to someone who will appreciate it and also giving away one ticket to Detroit last week.

Still want that Moline poster but can wait to bite the bullet (the whole No Code thing has driven prices up so high right now).

Great story though, thanks for sharing.
  • I hear ya, I'm still without a Wrigley poster, that was the one I really wanted, and there was just no way for me to get one. It is what it is I guess, but yeah, that's why I wanted to do the right thing, too many people miss out, and the rich get richer.
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    just gave a maui 98 hand bill to a big fan yesterday. he's putting it in his hall of fame
  • go prego pre Posts: 662
    a friend offered me his spare ga for st. paul, but i turned it down so that our other friend could enjoy a show from the pit. i was front row in charlotte last year, and it was the greatest concert experience of my life. i wanted my friends to have their first ga experience before i had my second.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.