Options

WHY ARE PEOPLE POSTING THAT THIS IS THE END

2»

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I remember when Ed hinted it might be the end at Seattle in 2000, I think he immediately backtracked a little. That was after a very hard tour I am sure. If my memory is off, please straighten me out. That was 14 years ago. They seem to be in a much better space these days. I think the frequency might dwindle, but I can't see them stopping soon.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,622
    I don't think they're done. Not now. But i think they're going to seriously slow it down for a while. Eddie keeps getting sick and injured. Seems like he needs a solid break. But who knows? Just them, if that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Can someone just please point out at which show and it what context that they were going on a hiatus or extended break?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited October 2014

Can someone just please point out at which show and it what context that they were going on a hiatus or extended break?

I remember the interview PJsoul was talking about. I think it was one of the interviews for that lightning bolt special. Not certain, but maybe when he was talking to that old school surfer guy? Mark Richards? Ed didn't say they were. I think he said the idea sounded really nice or something along those lines.
  • Options
    Yeah, he never actually said they were. Just that he thought it sounded like a good idea in his head sometimes. Something like that. And it struck fear in my heart, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516

I agree, they're not losing any momentum. I heard something a long time ago that kind of fits....the older the bear, the sweeter the honey.

In the past month I've seen Tom Petty, Steve Winwood and Robert Plant. And every performance was mind blowing! I'd call the short tour schedule smart touring.

"I think you mean the blacker the bear...."
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

foodboy said:

ridiculous. they seem to be having more fun than ever. in detroit it was all smiles, and ed trying playfully to kick the guys guitars. playing albums ,finally! talking to the crowd in detroit was hilarious. never heard ed talk so much in that way. end no way. just enjoy the ride. its been an unbelievable one. this is the last great band though.

Not true, go to a springsteen concert and youll see the as good if not better than a pearl jam show.... If you think PJ has a lotta crowd interaction then you will be amazed at a bruce show as well as his 3.5 Plus hour shows every time.
    off topic, a little.... crowd interaction does not necessarily make for a good show.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

foodboy said:

ridiculous. they seem to be having more fun than ever. in detroit it was all smiles, and ed trying playfully to kick the guys guitars. playing albums ,finally! talking to the crowd in detroit was hilarious. never heard ed talk so much in that way. end no way. just enjoy the ride. its been an unbelievable one. this is the last great band though.

Not true, go to a springsteen concert and youll see the as good if not better than a pearl jam show.... If you think PJ has a lotta crowd interaction then you will be amazed at a bruce show as well as his 3.5 Plus hour shows every time.
    off topic, a little.... crowd interaction does not necessarily make for a good show.

It really helps to create an entertaining show. But you have to love the music too. I am only meh about most of Springsteen's stuff, so know that in wouldn't like his show anywhere near as much as a PJ show no matter how awesome a performance he puts on. That said, i still plan in checking him out next time he's in town (was going to last time bit he was here the same exact night as RNDM). Anyway, sorry, I'm ever further off topic!
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Someone should end this thread.....
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Pearl Jam posted on instagram: "Thank you again for an incredible tour. See you soon." doesnt sound like and end to me!
  • Options
    nate_j_ynate_j_y Posts: 41
    edited October 2014
    possibly the dumbest thread ever
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

Pearl Jam posted on instagram: "Thank you again for an incredible tour. See you soon." doesnt sound like and end to me!

I have heard that one before.....
    Ed solo show in Atlanta 2009... "seeya next year" ;)

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    badbrains said:

The killer awoke before dawn, he put his boots on
    He took a face from the ancient gallery
    And he walked on down the hall
    He went into the room where his sister lived, and...then he
    Paid a visit to his brother, and then he
    He walked on down the hall, and
    And he came to a door...and he looked inside
    Father, yes son, I want to kill you
    Mother...I want to...fuck you

HA! HM, man, HM.

As a few others have pointed out -- the issue here is FaceTard. F FaceTard.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    edited October 2014
    As Austin Powers said: "WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?"

Honestly though, nonsense like this this is one of the reasons I deactivated my Facebook account. People act like idiots on the internet.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    edited October 2014
    So which is it? Are they breaking up or playing Wrigley in 2015? The Who had a farewell tour in 1982. 34 years later.......
    Post edited by Eddieshometown on
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,768
    On this forum the band breaks up:
    At then end of every announced tour.
    Around the day of album releases.
    On April Fools day.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,831
    nate_j_y said:

But now surpassed by the "When did Eddie last wear shorts?" thread....
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    iimagineiimagine Cleveland Ohio Posts: 492
    this is no way, no how, positively NOT the end! They are gaining popularity. I've been saying for a while, I feel like PJ style of rock is making a come back (call it alternative or grunge or whatever you want to call it), it's coming back....
    "The Only Thing Worse Than Realizing Your Shortcomings, Is Not Realizing Your Brilliance"- iimagine (Gina) 2012
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    demetrios said:

It's not the end. For those who think it's the end should be dragged into the street and shot, multiple times.

Excellent Garfield Christmas reference D! :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i wish they would hurry up and quit already... all these amazing 3.5 hour shows need to stop
  • Options

nate_j_y said:

But now surpassed by the "When did Eddie last wear shorts?" thread....

seriously though when did he last wear shorts?!?!
  • Options
    Ofcourse this is not the end. I think they will go on for at least 6 years.
  • Options
    I think it is reasonable to expect a break. I'll be stunned, amazed, and insanely grateful if they're putting out new tour dates for next year. They have to be gassed after the last two years run, and Cameron now has Soundgarden commitments that don't appear to be dissipating.
  • Options
    givebloodreborngivebloodreborn Calgary AB Posts: 32

I think it is reasonable to expect a break. I'll be stunned, amazed, and insanely grateful if they're putting out new tour dates for next year. They have to be gassed after the last two years run, and Cameron now has Soundgarden commitments that don't appear to be dissipating.

Agreed. There will be an extended break but its far from done.
  • Options
    SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    It'll be ok in the end....
    If it's not ok....
    It's not the end.
    Love is all you need.....