Options

A sincere THANK YOU to the band for playing these near 3 hour shows!

2»

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    edited October 2014
    badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

Alright, I gotta ask... What is this "halts maul" thing I keep seeing? :-B

Halts Maul!!!
    but since you asked.....
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/237506/iso-for-an-ebay-seller-from-which-i-have-paid-2-x-twenty-vinyl-sealed-but-never-got-something#latest

shhh. keep it a secret.. dude got banned. :))
    Oh shit, I just re read that whole thread! OMG, that has to be THREAD OF THE YEAR! Where do we send Stefan his prize? HALTS MAUL, we love you Stefan! Maybe start a #FHM (free halts maul) =))
    i read it again a couple of days ago... shit was even more funny now. we will get the thread of the year poll going soon but that is the winner hands down. any other year the Memphis GA thread would've taken it but leave it up to fucking Stefan to steal that award.

I would buy him a trophy but the fucker would probably ask me to store it for him for a couple of years.
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Those PJ band fuckers put on a fantastic show and give us 3 hours of music. You fuckers are the best!!! (Ed referred to us crowd fuckers in Cincy) =D> \m/
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    edited October 2014
    lolobugg said:

i read it again a couple of days ago... shit was even more funny now. we will get the thread of the year poll going soon but that is the winner hands down. any other year the Memphis GA thread would've taken it but leave it up to fucking Stefan to steal that award.

I would buy him a trophy but the fucker would probably ask me to store it for him for a couple of years.

Plus, the shipping would be at least $400.... ;)
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

lolobugg said:

Plus, the shipping would be at least $400....>
    I am gonna bill him for that via PYA-PAL

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Yes I am glad Pearl Jam has finally started doing what they should have done for years... an Evening With style show that really packs in a ton of songs. We are so spoiled. My wife and I go to concerts and the main band will play 90 minutes or sometimes less... "What do you expect? They're not Pearl Jam!" I always have to say. 3 hour shows are not standard. I hope they can keep this up for a long time even if it means half the show is sit down quiet acoustic easy to sing songs.

I'm selfish, but being the end of the tour and the birthday/anniversary I'm hoping Denver gets like 3 1/2 hours... or more!!!! :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

Halts Maul!!!
    but since you asked.....
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/237506/iso-for-an-ebay-seller-from-which-i-have-paid-2-x-twenty-vinyl-sealed-but-never-got-something#latest

Oh shit, I just re read that whole thread! OMG, that has to be THREAD OF THE YEAR! Where do we send Stefan his prize? HALTS MAUL, we love you Stefan! Maybe start a #FHM (free halts maul) =))

Store it? Shit, he's prob have you hand deliver to him in Germany, or Sweden or wherever the fuckers from. =))
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    edited October 2014
    the band is in the highest level..they are playing amazing ,their performance is are top level,and every night is like once ina lifetime experience..

Oh I get it, grateful is lame right? Its better to post a bunch of dissenting crap right? Hahaha!!

well,if u put on tittle " limited merch" ,for sure will have 100 more posts
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,265
    I completely agree. Obviously there's no band that I appreciate more than Pearl Jam. I know their catalog inside and out and there's so many songs I love, that a 2 hour+ set (the standard of old) goes short of leaving me wanting more.

When I caught the 3 hour+ sets in Vancouver/Seattle last year (and the one at the Gorge in 05) I walked away feeling I really saw something legendary. They left me wanting more but only a little more.... 3 hours definitely works further to quench my craving for live PJ.

Like other posters have said when you go see other bands play 90 to 120 minute sets it feels short now. One of the biggest dissapointments I had was a Motley Crue/Aerosmith coheadling show a few years ago. The Crue played about 75 minutes and Aerosmith played for about 90. That's enough for the Crue but Aerosmith barely touched their catalog of hits. I felt pretty ripped off. I was enjoying the hell out of the show and then it just ended. Most of the crowd had the same expression... that's it?
  • Options
    xhausted1xhausted1 Posts: 126
    Yes, Thank you!!!
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Pearl Jam=the platinum standard
  • Options
    agreed we are super fortunate for this band to be our favorite band.
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

Halts Maul!!!
    but since you asked.....

Store it? Shit, he's prob have you hand deliver to him in Germany, or Sweden or wherever the fuckers from. =))
    I Am Thinking Something Like A Cheap Fake Gold Sand Kasten Trophy. ShoUld Be A LittlE Lighter Than The Vinyl. Maybe Save Him A Few Francs On Shipping. But I Would Def Hand Deliver For The Low Pric Of $418 USD. OR 20 Euros

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Halts Maul! Haha! The backstory is funny!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

Halts Maul!!!
    but since you asked.....

I Am Thinking Something Like A Cheap Fake Gold Sand Kasten Trophy. ShoUld Be A LittlE Lighter Than The Vinyl. Maybe Save Him A Few Francs On Shipping. But I Would Def Hand Deliver For The Low Pric Of $418 USD. OR 20 Euros
    I'm thinking a pack of crayons and glue to use for his next kindergarten class; along with a paper wastbasket
  • Options
    making ga pearl jam fans wait extra long through an opening act, isn't right
    springsteen knows this
  • Options
    SarahMcNadiaSarahMcNadia Ontario / Québec Posts: 195

Grateful comes to mind. Few bands are doing this and I think we all need to be appreciative that the band is still rocking after 20+ years. Thank you Mike, Jeff, Ed, Matt, Stone and Boom! You guys are one of a kind!

Love this thread. We are so lucky. No wast.
    An empty cup in the middle of the sea..
    Buffalo 12-Oct-2013 * Cincinnati 01-Oct-2014 * St. Louis 03-Oct-2014
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

I still swear that we need official PJ Halts Maul t-shirts. Send Stefan one as a thank you. Put the "Banned" block on the back of his.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    deadendp said:

I still swear that we need official PJ Halts Maul t-shirts. Send Stefan one as a thank you. Put the "Banned" block on the back of his.
    This would be sick! I mite head over to the mall and see if I can custom a hat with this or something similar to this.
  • Options
    deadendp said:

I am down with this....except Stefan is known to be litigious.
    he has a retainer on the advocate lawyer.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I'm just astonished that they pulled off an almost-3 hour show in Memphis with the condition Ed was in. The band REALLY stepped up and played with something to prove. It was truly inspirational.

And man, Ed may not have been in top form but if he hadn't said anything you would have just assumed his voice was a little shot after playing several shows. He gave it his all and kept it together.

Love this band.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    BinFrog said:

I'm just astonished that they pulled off an almost-3 hour show in Memphis with the condition Ed was in. The band REALLY stepped up and played with something to prove. It was truly inspirational.

And man, Ed may not have been in top form but if he hadn't said anything you would have just assumed his voice was a little shot after playing several shows. He gave it his all and kept it together.

Love this band.

It was only a two hour show but I could already tell that EV was getting sick at ACL. Happy they managed to still put on a great show.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    3 hours just isn't long enough for me

*makes boo-boo face*
    did you see me? i saw you.