Options

Does Ed still jump into the crowd....

negationistnegationist Posts: 237
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
for the instrumental bit of even flow. I know, I know, it's probably a silly question given that the man is 42 years old, and has been doing the jumping thing for his whole life as far as I've been told. It's just that, the enduring image of Ed for me is this crazy guy, who just loves jumping around and screaming. I was a kid when I first watched the even flow video, and I still think it's one of the coolest videos around. The raw passion and energy. Brilliant!!! I only bring this up coz i'm (hopefully) going to my first PJ concert in Dublin in a few days, and it would be mental if he jumped from the speaker stack into the crowd like he used to do. That takes some amount of balls!!!
If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    What's with the lack of response?
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    As far as I know he hasn't done it for several years now.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    ronyrony Posts: 212
    as far as i know (i could be wrong and sorry if i am) he hasn't done it since rosklide.(sp?) he did it in dublin in 2000 during black
  • Options
    He did in 2000, I know in 2003 he did it twice but I don't know if it was for even flow and I don't think it was a real "jump"
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    In 05 and 06 he seems to like climbing, but he just teases us - he never actually jumps
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    He walk through the crowed during the 05 south american tour I believe. I have a picture of him with one or two of his body guards singing alive(I think it was during alive) walking through the crowed.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    He sung the last portion of Porch in the crowd in Saskatoon....he was held up the security dudes in the first few rows....neat as I was 5 rows away....however it was not a jump....
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I don't think he crowdsurfs or jumps around anymore, not since Roskilde. He still does interesting stuff onstage, though. At the show I went to near the end he just laid down, lit up a cigarette, and chilled out for awhile. :)
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,796
    hes much more "chill now". i love when he grabs a bottle of wine (or two) and relaxes while mcreedy goes nuts on the evenflow solo.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    not sure if you could call it jumping, but in Thunder Bay on the 2005 canadian tour he climbed into the crowd behind the stage and sang Last Kiss the whole way through, sitting down with everyone around him being surprisingly polite (eventually).

proof, hah.
    http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5280/dsc0196ha6.jpg
  • Options
    still, seeing Ed just do his thing is brilliant. He's one of the coolest frontmen i know. But then I'm actually telling you guys things you already know. My first PJ gig is only days away and hopefully, he'll surprise me and do something crazy (like jump off the stage!!). Either way it's gonna be great!!
  • Options
    gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    During Even Flow in St. Paul this summer Ed smoked a joint during the solo. Someone threw this joint on stage after he said "Made it to the ocean smoked a joint in a tree." during Given To Fly. It was one of the coolest things I could've seen Ed do.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    hes much more "chill now". i love when he grabs a bottle of wine (or two) and relaxes while mcreedy goes nuts on the evenflow solo.
    Yep, Mike's the man to watch :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    Nah, gotta watch Stone for his immense dance moves :D
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I know, I know, it's probably a silly question given that the man is 42 years old,
    Yep, he is old old old, oldie oldie oldie, probably can't jump 1 foot off the ground let alone into the crowd.:D

I think what iamica wrote previously is what's what, though.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    the one to watch for the even flow bit!!! Will keep that in mind. Having said that, would still like to see ed jump into the crowd. Having said that, one of my mate's older brothers had his nose broken the last time PJ played in dublin coz ed landed on top of him and his leg connected with his nose. He still loved the gig and said he's have ed land on him any day, in spite of copious blood pouring down his face and clothes.