Options

first show GA advice

I have GA tickets to moline and this is my first PJ show and im just wondering what to expect. Im not the tallest guy so im worried I wont be able to see anything. What are some of your experiences with GA shows?

Comments

• Options
    JustynaJustyna Posts: 132
    Join the queue the evening before to secure yourself a spot on the rail and you'll have the best show ever.
    Spodek 2000, Roskilde 2000, O2 2009, Belfast 2010, Hyde Park 2010, Wuhlheide 2010, Open'er 2010, Manchester 1&2 2012 , Amsterdam 1&2 2014, Wuhlheide 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Open'er 2014, MK 2014, Amsterdam 1&2 2018, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Barcelona 2018, London 1&2 2018
  • Options
    Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    Can you bring a cooler for food and beverage while you wait in the GA line?
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Don't worry too much. This is one of the good things about GA - when you don't like it in a spot, you can move :)

My advice - HAVE A BLAST! I'll be in the seated section. This show is going to be amazing!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I also think you can definitely bring a cooler. You just have to get rid of it before getting in.
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    cacarr1cacarr1 Posts: 315
    I'll see you guys Thursday evening in Moline!
  • Options
    cacarr1cacarr1 Posts: 315
    FYI, I stop by the iWireless Center today to do some reconnaissance and was told camping out (ie, the night before) is not allowed. Don't know what I'm going to do now. Is this par for the course?
  • Options
    I heard after will call you then wait in lobby where they don't allow outside beverages? Concessions also aren't available in lobby?
  • Options
    ER193365ER193365 Pendleton, IN Posts: 6
    I, too, will be in GA for the first time in Moline. Did some reading on some old posts and a lot people said you can still do OK (and see) even if you wait until doors open. We are going to have some disposable beverage cups and get in line after we pick up tickets. I don't think, from past experience observing, that too many people stand in line all day.
  • Options
    MelmothMelmoth Posts: 65
    At the Memphis show the GA Pit experience was epic. We got in line at about 1 and my wife stayed in line while I went and got merch and food. The merch line was huge and took about an hour. At 5 I went to the will call and got our wristbands while my wife stayed in line at the entrance. Everyone in line was super nice and super chill. We ended up being about 5 people behind Eddie. From what I could gather the people at the rail and 2nd row(ish) had gotten there at dawn or had stayed the night before. Everyone in the pit was super chill and nice; plenty of elbow room, nobody was crowding. Fantastic experience.
    'we were but stones, your light made us stars"
    Little Rock - 1993 + Dallas - 1998 + Memphis - 2000 + Nashville -2003 + Little Rock - 2003 + EV Memphis - 2012 + Austin ACL1 - 2014 +Memphis - 2014 +Lexington -2016 +Wrigley 1 - 2016
  • Options
    aumfcaumfc Posts: 85
    I was at the Memphis show too. We got in the GA line around 4:30. We came in from Stone's side. Rail was full of course and the center was crowded, but we made our way over to Mike's side and were about 4 people back from the rail right in front of his mic. By the time the show ended, with all the shuffling and moving around from everyone, we were a little to the right of Jeff's mic and 3 people from the rail.

There were plenty of shorter people around me and I'm 5'10. It was really not that packed in. For the most part, the way it was when we got there was the way it stayed. At least until Ed came and stood on the rail right in front of us. It got a little more crowded then. :)

We did have one older lady come get in front of the people in front of us, one off the rail, when one of the guys was gone about 45 min. That really messed up the spacing when he got back. Even though she wasn't right in front of me it still shifted everyone around and backed a taller guy right in front of me, so that sucked for a little while until everyone shuffled around again.

My advice, make friends and try not to get behind tall people. If it happens, you might be able to ask them to swap places.
  • Options
    mrobinson1201mrobinson1201 peoria il Posts: 21
    How early do ppl usually start lining up for GA
  • Options
    aumfcaumfc Posts: 85

How early do ppl usually start lining up for GA

I heard 30 hours. I also read people who got there in the morning were about 40 people back, but that should still be good enough for the rail, I'd guess, just not the middle.
  • Options
    To secure a definite spot on the rail I would suggest 2:00am at the latest! I got in the GA line at 8:00am and I was 48 for the Memphis show. I just missed out on the rail but still had a great spot in the 2nd row between Ed and Stone. The people that were in front for the most part got in line the night before. I think the people that were in the front of the line got there at 4:00pm the day before. Hope this helps
  • Options
    mrobinson1201mrobinson1201 peoria il Posts: 21
    The venue said no camping out but I'm willing to do whatever thanks for the advice
    Peyton18 said:

To secure a definite spot on the rail I would suggest 2:00am at the latest! I got in the GA line at 8:00am and I was 48 for the Memphis show. I just missed out on the rail but still had a great spot in the 2nd row between Ed and Stone. The people that were in front for the most part got in line the night before. I think the people that were in the front of the line got there at 4:00pm the day before. Hope this helps