Options

Camden No Beer?

KellerKeller Posts: 177
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Whats with them stoping all liquor sales after 9:30? I thought there was gonna be a riot. They said it was at the bands request which i think was total bullshit. Anyone know why they stoped severving so early?
"Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PNuttyJamPNuttyJam Posts: 837
    Same thing in Chicago. I remember reading the same thing about other venues on this tour. What in the name of rock is going on?????

Attention thirsty concert goers: Buy as many beers as you can right before 9:30!
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    PJ10EddiePJ10Eddie Posts: 17
    I've read many posts complaining about the beer sale cut off but I don't have a problem with it. We tailgate for about 5 hours so I've had my fill before the show and I make sure to get two beers just before the cut off. It is not a big deal to me.
    9/28/96 9/29/96 6/14/98 8/28/98 8/29/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 9/18/98 9/19/98 6/19/99 8/03/00 8/04/00 8/06/00 8/27/00 9/01/00 9/02/00 4/28/03 5/03/03
    7/05/03 7/06/03 10/1/04 9/30/05 10/1/05 10/3/05
    5/27/06 5/28/06
  • Options
    titmfatiedtitmfatied Posts: 1
    I was thinking wtf at first but I ams soooo much happier today. If you party enough before hand having the beer cut off gives you a second to stop and realize how fucked up you are. I got water instead and it ended up all for the better.
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    It's very simple.. PJ doesn't want constant streams of people going back and forth to the beer stand during the show. You're there to see PJ.
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    I think 9:30 is a reasonable time to stop beer sales.

How many people do you want to be killed driving on the way home?
    Gives people time to sober up a bit before hitting the road again.
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 177
    I mean fuck this is a rock n roll concert. Beer is a staple. As long as i'm not driving i should be able to buy beer all show long. I had no idea about them stopping at 9:30. I went to get my first beer of the show around that time only to be totaly disapointed in whoever made that rule.

Awesome concert but very disappointed in the beer sales issue. I'm not a person that likes to bitch much but come on now this is rock and roll.

Seems like every day they try to take another freedom from me.
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • Options
    evanevan Posts: 27
    NOTE TO ALL - BEER CUTOFFS RIGHT AFTER PJ TAKES THE STAGE HAVE BEEN IN PLACE SINCE BEFORE (and all thru) THE CANADA TOUR.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    apparently, it's been like this at every show.

who cares? I don't.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    KMK182KMK182 Posts: 16
    Keller wrote:
    Whats with them stoping all liquor sales after 9:30? I thought there was gonna be a riot. They said it was at the bands request which i think was total bullshit. Anyone know why they stoped severving so early?

Must be the band. Everytime I've been there they usually cut off about 45 minutes before the end.
    05.28.06: Camden
    05.27.06: Camden
    10.03.05: Philly
    10.01.04: Reading
    07.12.03: Hershey
    04.26.03: Pittsburgh
  • Options
    you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    it makes sense to me. i think it's because they don't want people driving drunk and killing each other. with the cut off around 9:30, you have time to sober up to drive.
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    you are wrote:
    it makes sense to me. i think it's because they don't want people driving drunk and killing each other. with the cut off around 9:30, you have time to sober up to drive.

LongRoad wrote:
    I think 9:30 is a reasonable time to stop beer sales.

How many people do you want to be killed driving on the way home?
    Gives people time to sober up a bit before hitting the road again.

• Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    you are wrote:

i think it's a great idea. they don't want bad things to happen to people as a result of their shows so they take responsibility for what they can, and cut off the alcohol.

Good for them. My respect just rises. Uhm... lol. right. like it could reasonably get any higher.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    As someone who gets ANNOYED AS FUCK by those who walk past me 90million times a night to get beers, and especially when they start to spill them on me as the night goes on, I LOVE THIS RULE! It keeps the crowd from getting out of control (in theory, anyhow), and as someone else says, gives people enough time to sober up before heading home. I don't care if it's rock and roll or jazz or fucking symphonic music. There's no NEED to be trashed to enjoy music. If there is, I suggest AA. Like, seriously.
    And the signs said 9:15, not 9:30. Not sure what the bartenders actually did, but that was what they were supposed to do.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    jhinkle1114jhinkle1114 Posts: 207
    I like it. Gives people time to sober up before driving home and a few less fucktards walking back and forth in front of me making constant beer and piss trips instead of watching the show they paid $60 to see!

If you want to drink and piss all night, stay home. Go to the concert to watch PJ rock out. Get shit faced tailgating, sober up some and get your pissing done during the opening band, and stay in your seat for 2.5 to 3 hours and watch the greatest live band in the world! Only way to go IMO.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    I don't think I could bring myself to walk out during PJ to go buy Beer anyway. Get there a few hours early and party your ass off in the parking lot...that's half the fun!
    "Delight in Our Youth"