Which Show to Download?

KellerKeller Posts: 177
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Alright i can't take it anymore. I'm going to see them this saturday but i need to download a show right now. Which one should i go for?
"Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• VedderologyVedderology Posts: 64
    Tor2--amazing!
    PROPERTY OF EDDIE VEDDER

http://www.myspace.com/vedderology

I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain...Release me...
    Eddie Vedder
  • JohnBriggsJohnBriggs Posts: 101
    Toronto 2 is by far the best in my humble opinion.
  • river4fxriver4fx Posts: 3
    grand rapids! its the first 3 disc of the tour! and just look at the setlist!

*Detroit 6/25/03
    *Detroit 6/26/03
    *Grand Rapids 5/19/06
  • RomanzaRomanza Posts: 115
    From someone who has them all. In order.

Stand out:
    Grand Rapids (is better than Toronto 2 because of what happened there)
    Toronto 2

Almost:
    Chicago 2
    Chicago 1
    Cleveland

Lacking the most:
    Toronto 1

"This feeling is wonderful...don't you ever turn it off."
    -JJ
  • mlpjmlpj Posts: 4
    Did I miss something? What do you mean by "what happened there"??
  • Jammin2PearlJammin2Pearl Posts: 266
    Toronto 2 for sure!!

I think you can here the crowd siging along during EVERY song. What a show!!
    agreed, TOR2--really, simply the best, amazing..the crowd is unbelievable!!
    PROPERTY OF EDDIE VEDDER

Eddie Vedder
  • Toronto 2...
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
    mlpj wrote:
    Did I miss something? What do you mean by "what happened there"??

The sitdown acoustic set - the "we're gonna experiment a little." - the happy birthday to Pete Townsend - the preset - the electricity in the building - the moving away from the setlist to play stuff "we haven't rehearsed."

It was also the longest show of the tour so far.

I wasn't at Toronto, but even just listening to the boots, GR stands out.

-JJ
  • 99problems99problems Posts: 6
    I just added Chicago 2 and Grand Rapids this morning so I haven't had a chance to listen to them yet. Toronto 2 is great but the first encore for Grand Rapids is like a dream setlist for me. I'm sure that one will be in regular rotation.
    what does "longest" got to do w/ it being better than TOR2?
    PROPERTY OF EDDIE VEDDER

Eddie Vedder
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Romanza wrote:
    The sitdown acoustic set - the "we're gonna experiment a little." - the happy birthday to Pete Townsend - the preset - the electricity in the building - the moving away from the setlist to play stuff "we haven't rehearsed."

It was also the longest show of the tour so far.

I wasn't at Toronto, but even just listening to the boots, GR stands out.

I was at both Toronto shows, Grand Rapids and Cleveland. GR is far and away the best of those four, and possibly of the entire tour so far.

Part of "what happened" was the switcheroo with the 10 Club tickets. They moved low number fans (under 130,000) to the back of the system and gave other longtime members a chance to be closer. I think those of us who benefitted from this showed our appreciation to the band by giving off so much energy that it resulted in a killer, long show.
  • clk019clk019 Posts: 88
    Rapids and Chicago II and BTW....my last name is Keller as well......your user name scared me a little.....
    So held by these thoughts
    They refuse to slip away
    Hangman in dreamland
    About to call your name
    Much to be done
    Much to be

07/26/98, 10/08/00, 06/21/03, 09/09/05, 05/16/06, 05/17/06 – (WOW), 05/19/06 – (DOUBLE WOW), 05/20/06, 08/05/07, 06/17/08, 05/07/10, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/20/14 – (THE MOST MAGICAL THING EVER), 11/14/16 – (Temple of the Dog), 05/09/22. Coming Soon: 08/29/24 and 08/31/24.

what does "longest" got to do w/ it being better than TOR2?

Ummmmm, besides the most common answer of "longer is better" at a Pearl Jam concert.

Other reasons could be PJ planned on making night 2 at Toronto epic - and then at GR they planned the old 2 1/2 hour show, but the electric crowd (yeah, after Even Flow he said "don't take this lightly, but you are turning into one hell of a crowd.") made them add songs to the setlist, thus making it epic.

The funny thing is, Chicago 1 and 2 and Cleveland were pretty much sold out - and they couldn't even touch how loud the GR crowd was, and it was 1,500 shy of a sellout?!?!?!

Toronto 2 was in my CD player non-stop and Chicago 2 was getting there, but after I went to GR and listened again, I am saying it is the best one so far.

-JJ
  • joshlsjoshls Posts: 39
    I have not downloaded the GR show yet, but T2 is better than any of the previous. Chicago 2 does have crown of Thorns though...
    "I'll see you on the other side." - Sleight of Hand

Top Bands
    1. Pearl Jam - Vs. , Ten , Avocado , Yield , Vitalogy , Binaural , No Code , Riot Act.
    2. Tool - Lateralus , Aenima , 10,000 days , Undertow , Opiate
  • river4fxriver4fx Posts: 3
    since i was a Grand Rapids i picked up the flac, AMAZING SHOW! also flac sounds so much better in my opinion than mp3!

*Detroit 6/25/03
    *Detroit 6/26/03
    *Grand Rapids 5/19/06
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Listening to GR right now on radio.blog and the crowd is amazing, only got to Even Flow but a stand out so far.

Might end up being the 1 US show I buy (saving my money for the shows I will attend)
  • apurajaapuraja Posts: 10
    i think looking at setlists and notes: Toronto 2, Chicago 2 and GR so far are getting the most rave reviews.. of course albany is a favorite of many so far, but the first three are ones I'm going to purchase.
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    Heads=Grand Rapids and Tails=Albany. Flip a coin.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    hartford.......