Recycled Guitar String Beads!

Guitar players- here's a cool way to recycle the ball end of your old guitar strings when you change them. I take a little wire snips and cut the wire around the string ball and collect them. After I get a little batch as seen in the photo, I give them to friends, family members or our downtown bead store for jewelry making. A cool way to recycle!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Not a bad idea! I've given old strings to friends who use them for hanging pictureframes
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Very cool idea! I've not found a good way to stuff old strings in the garbage can anyway...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,741

Very cool idea! I've not found a good way to stuff old strings in the garbage can anyway...

I know what you mean. I throw them in the recycle bin after I snip the beads off but I don't know if they actually get recycled.

Now if I could just manage to change strings without stabbing myself at least once each time. Ouch! :))

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:

Very cool idea! I've not found a good way to stuff old strings in the garbage can anyway...

I know what you mean. I throw them in the recycle bin after I snip the beads off but I don't know if they actually get recycled.

Now if I could just manage to change strings without stabbing myself at least once each time. Ouch! :))

Hahaha! Those things hurt man! Worse than a bee sting!
    www.cluthelee.com