southeast US anyone?

edgarcampedgarcamp Posts: 100
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I am holding my breath waiting for PJ to come to the southeast and I am about to burst!!!!! Any ideas?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GalianaGaliana Posts: 554
    Don't hold your breath. We evil Southerners voted for Bush, so we don't get to see them.
    Don't threaten me with a good time.
  • reptarau2reptarau2 Posts: 15
    Yea being from the south means we all voted for Bush....not me mind you...hehe, I really hope they can come next year (no time this year byt the looks of it) and bring the house down in places like atlanta, orlando, tampa, New Orleans (they could use some PJ right now), etc.....hope they come!!!! I cant afford gad prices to travel north for the shows as a financially-struggling college student!
  • edgarcampedgarcamp Posts: 100
    Well, I got to see the Kissimmee show on that vote for change tour, so my PJ jones only goes back that far. I guess that little tour didn't change much! At least they tried.
    My plan is to hit every show possible in the southeast, I am just waiting......
    I am hoping for WPB/Miami, Tampa/Orlando, New Orleans, Atlanta, Charlotte, maybe two shows in a couple of those places. That's my idea of a road trip.
    Galiana, tell me about the Crystal River area. Anything interesting there? I have been looking for a small, second home and from what I have seen on the internet it could be a nice place. I need a quite little place to go to.
  • Galiana wrote:
    Don't hold your breath. We evil Southerners voted for Bush, so we don't get to see them.
    that's right- everyone hates you

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    Hang in there, we'll get ours.
  • freight68freight68 Posts: 2
    I see a break of about 18 days on the tour http://www.pearljam.com/tour/ between 4 and 22 June. When the tour dates were announced I was thinking those days were set aside for us down South. Now I think those dates are too close for them to announce shows over that span.

Anyone have a clue why there is an almost 3-week hiatus in the beginning of the tour calendar?

I am very disappointed that no shows in the Southern U.S. have been scheduled at all, to include Texas and the Southwest. Nada. What's up with that?
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    freight68 wrote:
    I see a break of about 18 days on the tour http://www.pearljam.com/tour/ between 4 and 22 June. When the tour dates were announced I was thinking those days were set aside for us down South. Now I think those dates are too close for them to announce shows over that span.

Anyone have a clue why there is an almost 3-week hiatus in the beginning of the tour calendar?

I am very disappointed that no shows in the Southern U.S. have been scheduled at all, to include Texas and the Southwest. Nada. What's up with that?

Pearl Jam frequently schedules 2-3 week breaks in their tour itinerary. It keeps them from getting burned out on long tours.

I don't think we'll see Pearl Jam in the Sun Belt until early '07. They could try to squeeze us in somewhere this year, but it would be a tight squeeze and risk some subpar shows, in my opinion.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • edgarcampedgarcamp Posts: 100
    True, they do take little breaks here and there. Who could blame them? I'll still be here in '07, so I guess I can wait.
  • freight68freight68 Posts: 2
    It's a little disappointing to see them schedule a tour including the northeast, midwest, California, Europe, and Australia, after a fresh tour of Canada and Latin America, and NOT have any shows down south.

I love Pearl Jam and have been a fan for a long time, and this really bothers me. I can't help but think there's a reason for it. And that is slightly annoying.

I suppose I'm taking it a little too personally. Thanks for the responses, guys.