Stairway to heaven improv solo

hey guys check it out and let me know what you think. I recorded three guitars. Each one take. Its good practice because it forces you to do your best and improv well.
Wrigley 2013 Cinci 2014

Comments

• Honestly, sounds like shit. Sounds like a soup sandwich. Way to much going on, you found a box in the key of the song and that's about it. I love Dave, and this recording just made me rethink of how I feel about Tim. Also, I'm tired of checking this page only to get these crappy ass "check me out playing this penatonic box" crap. Go to YouTube for that. You wanted honesty, there you have it.
  • Honestly, sounds like shit. Sounds like a soup sandwich. Way to much going on, you found a box in the key of the song and that's about it. I love Dave, and this recording just made me rethink of how I feel about Tim. Also, I'm tired of checking this page only to get these crappy ass "check me out playing this penatonic box" crap. Go to YouTube for that. You wanted honesty, there you have it.

Post us something then Hendrix. Let's see how awesome you are.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Too much going on...hard to know what to pay attention to.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"

well honestly i posted this when i was stoned off my ass and forgot i even put it here it was done in ten minutes hardass lets see you play something out of the pentatonic box. Stairway is played in it so why would i play some weird jazzy solo over it. It was noodling around fun obviously in the same scale stairway was written, its not like im writing the next greatest musical piece next to Bach. And who are dave and tim??? just a shit post overall man, you keyboard warrior. Theres a difference between honesty and being an asshole.
    Wrigley 2013 Cinci 2014
  • Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds - who are talented people to say the least (though not my cup o' tea) - but do have an out of the box style and play some pretty gnarly scales for sure.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • tim reynolds is a brilliant guitarist, one of my main influences. Love the guy, but what does he have to do with a stairway to heaven backing track and me noodling all over it? And incase this guy doesnt know, Tim plays plenty of pentatonic and major scales with dave, which is what i was playing.
    Wrigley 2013 Cinci 2014