Options

2014 US Tour Merch thread

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited October 2014
    The merch situation has gone down the hill this tour. I hope they will do something about it. I have never heard of more people who went to the show only to find out that there was no poster, sticker or pin to be had. I see that making money has an appeal, but come on! I am happy that we got at least some pins and event shirts in Detroit. I hope to score a Moline poster when they go online here. Maybe I should sell my pins on the bay to afford a Moline poster imageimage
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

The merch situation has gone down the hill this tour. I hope they will do something about it. I have never heard of more people who went to the show only to find out that there was no poster, sticker or pin to be had. I see that making money has an appeal, but come on! I am happy that we got at least some pins and event shirts in Detroit. I hope to score a Moline poster when they go online here. Maybe I should sell my pins on the bay to afford a Moline poster imageimage

Seems like it started in Wrigley and hasn't turned around since. It sux u can't get a nice souvenir when u go to the shows anymore. Such a shame
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    I blame the poster nerds.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    Don't blame us poster nerds, that's unwarranted. Posters have become much more readily available due to much larger print runs and online availability post tour.

I agree this insanity started at Wrigley... But I was at two shows in Europe this summer and nothing sold out. Not pins, not stickers, not posters.

I think the issue is eBay. It's too easy to sell a 2 dollar sticker for more than 10 bucks when everyone knows it sold out at the show and won't be available online.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Buffalo merch line was a piece of cake last year!!
    Drove up from Pittsburgh,
    got there early afternoon & got thru the line in under 20 minutes.
    Was even able to get thru the line a second time to pick up a few more wristbands
    after a friend asked me to grab a couple for her!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Last year during the fall getting merch was a piece of cake. Wrigley not so much. I just keep thinking the shows that I cherished the most are the ones where I did not get any merch lol
  • Options
    RoccoT.....312RoccoT.....312 Chicago Posts: 165
    edited October 2014
    Wrigley was a breeze, my friend worked there and got me everything I wanted, but only one of each. wish I knew someone who works at the bradley center tommorrow!!
    Post edited by RoccoT.....312 on
    Alpine Valley, PJ20 9-3-2011
    RNDM: Lincoln Hall, 11-13-2012
    Wrigley Field, An Evening with Pearl Jam 7-19-2013
    BMO Harris Bradley Center, 2014 Fall Tour 10-20-2014
    RNDM: Double Door, 3-15-2016

th_chicagobanner.jpg
  • Options
    fixer123fixer123 Posts: 140
    How was the St. Paul merch situation? Crazy outside/inside? Sellouts?
    think I'll throw these pills away...
  • Options
    derbydave said:

Was even able to get thru the line a second time to pick up a few more wristbands

I waited 30 minutes in PHX, 10 minutes in SD, and I walked right up to an empty trailer at around 2pm in LA and Oakland. Not sure what has changed this year. Hoping Denver is an improvement compared to the other stops on this tour.
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,890
    Print more stickers/buttons and sell them on the site and/or let fans pre-order. Guess it doesn't really matter now, til the next tour.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    It's so crazy cuz it seems like this band hasn't reached it's fucken peak. Now it's impossible to get merch. 24 fucken years after this band formed, it's impossible to get merch. What? Ya, exactly, this fucken pearl jam craze is on the edge of insanity. Bands sort of not really die out but slow down. These fuckers play the game sooooooo good. Like almost perfect. It's insane.
  • Options
    Paul-JamPaul-Jam Posts: 136

derbydave said:

I waited 30 minutes in PHX, 10 minutes in SD, and I walked right up to an empty trailer at around 2pm in LA and Oakland. Not sure what has changed this year. Hoping Denver is an improvement compared to the other stops on this tour.
    I hope they have been printing up extra XL shirts, stickers and buttons for DEN. It has been sold out for some time now. The demand will be there. Everything will sell out. It will be the perfect storm in DEN. Last show of the tour, sold out, merch frenzy. I am getting myself ready for massive disappointment. I refuse to stand in line for hours. The line must be drawn somewhere.
    2006  July-6               Las Vegas
    2006  July-18             San Francisco 3
    2009  October-6         Los Angeles 3
    2013  November-21   San Diego
    2013  November-26   Oakland
    2014  October-22       Denver
    2016  August-5           Fenway 1
    2016  August-7           Fenway 2
    2016  November-11    Temple of The Dog- San Francisco 1
    2018  August-18         Wrigley 1
    2018  August-20         Wrigley 2
    2018  September-4     Boston 2
    2022  May-18              Sacramento...fuck covid
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    they had pins still even at 11:25 near gate 1.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    heard the St Paul debacle was the worst yet with people cutting the line, 5 hr queues, and no stickers to be had in the early afternoon.

the whole thing seems completely loony. Grown ups losing their shit over stickers.

I love the stickers, but I believe things are now firmly out of hand
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Drdeal said:

I find it odd that not one PJ Redwings Detroit Shirt in size Large has shown up on the bay as of yet.

Drdeal said:

I find it odd that not one PJ Redwings Detroit Shirt in size Large has shown up on the bay as of yet.

There is one out there now actually...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    just go back to selling tour shirts and posters and fuck all the rest of this shit. not everyone will want to deal with a poster at the day of the concert.

yeah i get the big business crap $$$

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    badbrains said:

It's so crazy cuz it seems like this band hasn't reached it's fucken peak. Now it's impossible to get merch. 24 fucken years after this band formed, it's impossible to get merch. What? Ya, exactly, this fucken pearl jam craze is on the edge of insanity. Bands sort of not really die out but slow down. These fuckers play the game sooooooo good. Like almost perfect. It's insane.

All these kids that the parents are taking to shows.... actually turning into fans???
    :))
    can't think of many other bands from the 90s that are still making new fans.
    PJ is def going as strong as ever...def in the merch area.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    Merch craziness all started with Wrigley and ebay. Never have been into getting posters stickers or pins. Usually only want a city specific shirt. Moline would be different. Hometown show. I had to have poster etc. We knew what to do and would have to line up early. Wife and I got in line at 11am. Had no issue getting what we wanted. Casual fans don't know about these early merch tents. Only issue was that the line was growing in front of us. U guys know who u are. Have no shame. Hang out and do whatever u want all day and still are one of the firsts for merch and on the rail. If I remember correctly it seems to be the same folks who control that stupid list.
    Merch is out of control but it is supply and demand.
    This is Not For You
  • Options

Merch craziness all started with Wrigley and ebay. Never have been into getting posters stickers or pins. Usually only want a city specific shirt. Moline would be different. Hometown show. I had to have poster etc. We knew what to do and would have to line up early. Wife and I got in line at 11am. Had no issue getting what we wanted. Casual fans don't know about these early merch tents. Only issue was that the line was growing in front of us. U guys know who u are. Have no shame. Hang out and do whatever u want all day and still are one of the firsts for merch and on the rail. If I remember correctly it seems to be the same folks who control that stupid list.
    Merch is out of control but it is supply and demand.

It's the same people who ran the fucken list? No surprise there. Shitty fans shitting on good people. The pearl jam way!
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    pdalowsky said:

the whole thing seems completely loony. Grown ups losing their shit over stickers.

This has become my favorite part of this tour! Adults coming on to the forums and lashing out at their inability to buy a sticker! i've been laughing for 2 fucking weeks...

What's even more absurd is the number of people i've read about on the forums who need to buy 15 stickers so they can trade for the rest of the tour... ba ha ha ha... grown adults collecting... stickers!

Come join the fun over here:

The Sticker Thread!

I have literally been amused for about 2 weeks...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    edited October 2014
    My wife, not the biggest PJ fan but still a fan, cant grasp the merch madness. And shes right. A bunch of 40 year olds going nuts over stickers, shirts, coffee mugs, etc. But yeah she was pretty stunned/disgusted at the PopUp shop. And who can blame her? It's insane. We rolled up just hoping for a tshirt in my size. People were leaving with their arms wrapped around merch, almost bending over

I dont think PJ is the new Grateful Dead. I think they're the new KISS

Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    Leash_In_HidingLeash_In_Hiding Posts: 691
    edited October 2014
    Can anyone tell me the prices for the S/N prints for Munk One's Detroit posters? I accidentally deleted the email and deleted my trashed emails
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• Options

My wife, not the biggest PJ fan but still a fan, cant grasp the merch madness. And shes right. A bunch of 40 year olds going nuts over stickers, shirts, coffee mugs, etc. But yeah she was pretty stunned/disgusted at the PopUp shop. And who can blame her? It's insane. We rolled up just hoping for a tshirt in my size. People were leaving with their arms wrapped around merch, almost bending over

I dont think PJ is the new Grateful Dead. I think they're the new KISS

Dude, I LOVE that last line! Pearl jam = new kiss! McCready should be proud! Lol
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    LOL. but u can bet in 30 yrs some fans on here will be asking Tim for 10C coffins.
  • Options

LOL. but u can bet in 30 yrs some fans on here will be asking Tim for 10C coffins.

=))

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    The band cant be faulted for selling merchandise.

They are playing 3 and a half hour shows. There are no $750 VIP tickets to their shows like every other band. And they mix their setlists up nightly.

They are hardly KISS. McCready should be proud.

* And the stickers were specifically produced and marketed to target the growing 'young fan' base. They were designed to fit lunch kits.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

I heard they discussed with gene at the LA shows last year.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    badbrains said:

he probably has the patent on rock band coffins
    wonder if they will offer free shipping...
    could get expensive...
    Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

He mite be in charge of the 10C merch!
  • Options
    badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

He mite be in charge of the 10C merch!
    He probably would've put at least 2 extra workers on the mercy truck....
    don't want people getting impatient and giving up before they get that sticker

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore